• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Triborg vs Tomura Shigaraki

Might be a bad idea, just came to me when I typed up High 8-C cause wanted to find matches for Triborg.

• Speed is equal
  • Awakened Tomura is being used at High 8-C.
  • SBA Otherwise
The Robot Gank Squad: 0

Everything Decays: 2

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Well for Triborg you fight the cyborg Sub Zero, Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke all at once, they likely open with projectiles or cqc trying to gank. Dunno about Tomura

Triborg has flight and can teleport plus it might help or not but Smoke can become intangible as smoke, also what's Tomura's AP? Triborg can fight people who can casually do this

Plus they can self destruct, sure that kills them but it one shots people they're comparable to also.
Tomura massively upscales from 2.7 Tons. But again, decay wave GG, if you haven’t seen the clip, it rises up from the sheer force of it. And SBA puts them in central park, we’ve got a lot of trees to use
but even then, if they touch so much as a pebble or a grain of sand from decay, then they too will decay, and Central Park hundreds Of meters away puts them in New York. We’ve got a lot of stuff that They need to dodge

Also any of them got projectiles? They‘re worthless here. Tomura grabs them and they decay before they hurt him, it’s shown in the speed section of his profile.

They get close? Tomura grabs their hand and they decay fast enough that you wouldn’t get Time to self destruct

Up scaling from that sounds good, but again Raiden does that calc super casual with one bolt. Triborg kill someone that Raiden had to treat seriously so I'd say they have a very sizeable gap there nevermind they can frag themselves to one shot.

Again would Smoke turning into intangible smoke help here? He does spam that a lot even as a human. Projectile wise Sektor spams loads of rockets, Smoke can hurl smoke blasts, Cyrax has bombs and nets iirc and sub hurls ice balls that can freeze you on contact all at the same time.

Edit: I need to sign off here but iirc Smoke phasing through you can melt you to the bone from what I remember of MK9

Last edited:
Up scaling from that sounds good, but again Raiden does that calc super casual with one bolt. Triborg kill someone that Raiden had to treat seriously so I'd say they have a very sizeable gap there nevermind they can frag themselves to one shot.

Again would Smoke turning into intangible smoke help here? He does spam that a lot even as a human. Projectile wise Sektor spams loads of rockets, Smoke can hurl smoke blasts, Cyrax has bombs and nets iirc and sub hurls ice balls that can freeze you on contact all at the same time.
The only one that is a problem is smoke, because Any of re-destro’s attacks by our wiki standards should have killed Tomura (he was 8-A, Tomura was still High 8-C) so it’s faster then damage or freezing can be transferred to him.
But his acrobatics helps with that, along with his skill.
He stands nearly equal (slightly below) eraserhead, who can skill stomp his students like Deku, who in turn is equal to stain, who in turn skill stomps pro heroes, who again in turn, skill Stomps regular mercenaries (iida and Bakugou could do it, so could pros)
Also Tomura’s stamina is good enough that he was crushed and beat down by re destro at 80% (who does indeed scale linearly).

Well skill wise Triborg has the skill and experience of Sub Zero all integrated into them, who defeated Goro and Kintaro in a 2v1. The latter was the champion of the Mortal Kombat tournaments and was undefeated for 500 years and 9 tournaments until Liu Kang bested him, Goro faced and foddered countless fighters that spent their entire lives learning martial arts with various superpowers and the only ones that gave him issue was Great Kung Lao and Liu Kang. The latter was even asked by Goro that he was hoping for a worthy bout implying shaolin monks were pretty much nothing to him. Sub later bests the guy while he had backup from Kintaro who was deemed able to be Shao Khan's personal bodyguard.

Sub also clapped Ermac twice, who is a being that had the combined experience of thousands of edenian warriors. Said people can live for 1000s of years and fought against Shao Khan's invasion. Plus Triborg defeat Shinnok, an immortal elder god that fought Raiden for eons and it required the other elder gods amping Raiden to help him win. Triborg has Sub's experience put in all 4 of them and that would include Smoke.

Acrobatics aren't anything new, lots of folks in MK even jobbers like Reptile can do that like cartwheels from low and awkward stances plus if anything one could say Triborg could have better mobility because of flight and teleporting. Stamina is also not an issue considering Triborg don't tire due to being machines. So Smoke's alright if he turns into intangible smoke? He spammed that a lot as a human and would just keep doing so as a robot plus if he fazes through Tomura this can happen.

Last edited:
He spammed that a lot as a human and would just keep doing so as a robot plus if he fazes through Tomura this can happen.
bro I don’t think that smoke is intangible if he could physically cut through people like that.
but yeah as long as the robot smoke keep turning intangible, he should be fine. But as you showed, he does go back on the ground for a few seconds, and that’s all he needs to do to touch a single particle* of decay.
*this is a hyperbole, but a single pebble is needed but particles are a bit iffy.

Last edited:
The guy still died though from being fazed through with Smoke heat manip and shit there so it's a win con at least and so the match is valid, will chalk your vote up for tomura

The guy still died though from being fazed through with Smoke heat manip and shit there so it's a win con at least and so the match is valid, will chalk your vote up for tomura
Oh yeah definitely, I can see smoke being the major problem as he’s the one who spams the intangible stuff. But as long as any of them (when they get in close) tries to punch Tomura and he can grab it, then they’re gone. Which is why I see smoke being the major problem and am glad that SBA means that they have to go through hundreds of meters of the decay wave first

Also just realized that while fear manipulation won’t work on triborg (maybe it will, but likely not) the others still apparently have their human organs which means that they can still feel the fear he would produce with a glance.

Nah fear manip isn't gonna work period, they have been shown to be pure machines. They aren't like Frost Triborg is different they have no human parts period so all 4 of them won't be afraid.

Now that I think on it they should have more range on their shit considering sub can do things hundreds of metres away iirc

Nah fear manip isn't gonna work period, they have been shown to be pure machines. They aren't like Frost Triborg is different they have no human parts period so all 4 of them won't be afraid.

Now that I think on it they should have more range on their shit considering sub can do things hundreds of metres away iirc
Idk man probably?

Deconstruction (Can deteriorate anything he touches with Decay)
Range: Standard melee range, up to Hundreds of meters with Decay (Left a massive crater in Deika City)

Concern. Hundreds of meters? This seems unfair, given Triborg's range at that, I don't really see anything the borgs can do here if he can just decay them all, which would make this a stomp for Tomura unless put in base (if in base would put them on equal grounds for range on certain powers), what're Triborg's wincons?

Last edited:
Concern. Hundreds of meters? This seems unfair, given Triborg's range at that, I don't really see anything the borgs can do here if he can just decay them all, which would make this a stomp for Tomura unless put in base (if in base would put them on equal grounds for range on certain powers), what're Triborg's wincons?
I mean match is dead anyways awakened Tomura got up’d to 8-A dura

Back