• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
He/Him
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Not quite Fire Emblem, but it's kind of like to Octopath Traveler like what Final Fantasy Tactics is to Final Fantasy. But I been playing this game a lot lately and really loving it. Not quite as much as I love have the entries in the Fire Emblem Franchise, but it is still one of my favorite games of 2022 so far and right up there with Octopath Traveler on my favorite Switch games.

But as for feats, it's mostly bare bones though there are some decent combat speed feats. There does seem to be common to react to what appears to be real lightning as lightning bolts do electrify entire pools and puddles of water and are made even stronger while it's raining. So I can see some Massively Hypersonic combat speed and reactions, and Anna has some consistent Subsonic movement speed feats as do others. But I don't see any feats beyond Tier 8, but some magic scaling isn't too bad. They do have access to things like Blast Crystals and the Deathsknell. The former being powerful enough to annihilate an entire castle bridge, iron clad warship, or an entire dam. Where as the other smashed a large portion of the Goddess's shield (Basically Great Wall of China like structure) into rubble. Which may come off as 8-B to 8-A at minimum but calculations should be made first. There is also some note worth status effects and hax to speak of given the nature of being an RPG franchise.

Triangle_Strategy_cover_art.jpg

Not quite Fire Emblem, but it's kind of like to Octopath Traveler like what Final Fantasy Tactics is to Final Fantasy. But I been playing this game a lot lately and really loving it. Not quite as much as I love have the entries in the Fire Emblem Franchise, but it is still one of my favorite games of 2022 so far and right up there with Octopath Traveler on my favorite Switch games.

But as for feats, it's mostly bare bones though there are some decent combat speed feats. There does seem to be common to react to what appears to be real lightning as lightning bolts do electrify entire pools and puddles of water and are made even stronger while it's raining. So I can see some Massively Hypersonic combat speed and reactions, and Anna has some consistent Subsonic movement speed feats as do others. But I don't see any feats beyond Tier 8, but some magic scaling isn't too bad. They do have access to things like Blast Crystals and the Deathsknell. The former being powerful enough to annihilate an entire castle bridge, iron clad warship, or an entire dam. Where as the other smashed a large portion of the Goddess's shield (Basically Great Wall of China like structure) into rubble. Which may come off as 8-B to 8-A at minimum but calculations should be made first. There is also some note worth status effects and hax to speak of given the nature of being an RPG franchise.

Triangle_Strategy_cover_art.jpg
I haven’t finished the game yet so I’m not going to have much to say for now but following

I got step one taken care of, the next step is using a calculation for a character dodging it suggestion by Armor. But I'll do that later.

Haven't finished the game but I'm planning doing that eventually [On Chapter 4 where there was a feat of explosives blowing up a wall]

Are there some footage of the feats in the OP? We could get them check, calculated and evaluated

Unfortunately, I did not collect many clips for the OP for the reason of not wanting to spoil the game too soon. Plus this is a general discussion not a content revision, which means people can talk about whatever they want; scaling and feats aren't the only thing to talk about though are allowed to be used throughout the thread. I have gotten Massively Hypersonic+ Attack speed which also translates to 8-C attack potency for mage characters. But I will need to use the method Armor mentioned, which I could add a section in my blog post later.

Some of those other much better feats do happen much later on, but I'd prefer not to spoil too soon unless fine with it.

Oh yeah there’s a funny story about my victory against Thales and Erika. So I have a habit of powering through most of a game shortly after buying it so it had been three days since I got the game and it took me three tries to win… at which I not I had been trying to kill those headaches for three hours.

By the way, I did make a tier list here for all playable characters. Won't be saying names of characters other than like the first 8-10 you recruit without spoiler tags. But it's kinda funny to note how different Triangle Strategy is from most Fire Emblem games. Like certain characters like Roland I was expecting to be top tier due to being mounted while Erador I anticipated to be bottom tier due to being "The Slow Tank". But given the mechanics of Triangle Strategy such as how phases and damage output works, I was dead wrong. Also, Anna can be quite busted at sneezing maps when abusing the hide and using wait to heal.

The number of chapters it took for the contents of the Grand Norzelian Mines to be revealed: 16
The number of chapters it took for the contents of the Grand Norzelian mines to be obvious: less than 4

Yeah, it was obvious something extremely valued by all of Norzelia was down their based on Dragan's reactions. And Lyra's conversations stated what it was.

Oh yeah there’s a funny story about my victory against Thales and Erika. So I have a habit of powering through most of a game shortly after buying it so it had been three days since I got the game and it took me three tries to win… at which I not I had been trying to kill those headaches for three hours.
Ok I forgot to say this then but because she repeated herself I have no choice but to ask:

Why the heck is Frederica so quick to forgive those monsters? I don’t know about most people but I’m disappointed I didn’t get to see their pathetic cries in the face of death -beyond a single mid-fight line of “impossible, I’m too pretty to die”- and I barely know them. Meanwhile the very sister that they made suffer as much as humanly possible, while treating it as the best entertainment on the world, DIDN’T HAVE A GRUDGE!?

…I wish I could understand, but I can’t. Does she just not have that much self worth? But that can’t be it because she’s being so strong here.😖 It doesn’t make sense.

Yeah, Fredericka is sometimes too sweet and innocent to a fault and she's even willing you martyr herself at any opportunity she sees. Though, IRL I'd admire people like her. Being a victim of borderline racism, discrimination, and bigotry could make anybody go insane, but even she still has a soft side. But there still has to be limits that those people are just evil for the sake of being evil and they needed to be brought to justice in some way or form. The funny thing is that even she had more sympathy for them than Gustadolph did.
Then again, Fredricka is pretty much the Mother Terisa of the series and the moral compass.

Anyway because I’m not writing it again I’ll give the bullet points:
  • I’ve beaten the Utility ending and have turned Norzelia into modern America.
  • The Hierophant is abhorrent and that disgust nearly cost me the battle.
  • The game is good and I’m glad I beat it despite my tendency to procrastinate.
  • Does the Hierophant scale to the Aelfric due to it powering that thing? No idea who that’d scale to given the fact Seranoa was initially afraid to fight it but still.
  • Getting French Revolution vibes from Idore and Roland in the epilogue, which I hope is wrong should we ever see that future… which given the fact it’s a reminder that history will move on I doubt.
  • The thing about Bennett’s connection to Lady Destra being only in the possibly unlocked stories led to nearly forget who the former was willing to go so far.

Yeah, that one is my least favorite route. The one where you actually support that guy.
Also, to my knowledge, it would only scale to one attack which I'll explain later but I really need to shower fast and get to work fast.

Yeah, that one is my least favorite route. The one where you actually support that guy.
Also, to my knowledge, it would only scale to one attack which I'll explain later but I really need to shower fast and get to work fast.
Makes sense makes sense, and don’t worry. Your work life is incomparably more important than this thread, especially since it’s under such little rush that I was quite surprised you showed up so fast. Have a great rest of your day and I’m curious what you’ve found :)

Okay, for the Aelfric scaling I don't think it really scales to anyone outside Idore/Heirophant's suicide attack. While it could be a McGuffin and has some limited properties of approaching a UES; it's not like the use all it's power in their main attacks. And we see what happens when all of it is used in the Morality Ending

Though, it would be cool to get some proper calculations for Fredricka's Sun Blast.

Finally got around to finishing the Morality Ending and may someone please tell me how to get whatever ending there is besides those three? The bittersweet taste of leaving Norzelia to burn somehow manages to hurt more than allowing it to rot in the Utility one. It’s the question of if you want to put a certain demographic through silent misery to keep everything else “normal” or to grant them salvation while almost everyone else screams in pain… either way the heroes failed. So I want another ending… and there’s no way I’m going with whatever Roland was thinking. His plan makes no more or less sense to me than if someone went back in time and made the nazis win WWII.

But for a more “here” question: was Idore using the Aelfric before Seranoa’s last stand or is he just really strong like Avlora? In general I struggle to understand the things Hyzante loves making so sorry if that sounds dumb.

Finally got around to finishing the Morality Ending and may someone please tell me how to get whatever ending there is besides those three? The bittersweet taste of leaving Norzelia to burn somehow manages to hurt more than allowing it to rot in the Utility one. It’s the question of if you want to put a certain demographic through silent misery to keep everything else “normal” or to grant them salvation while almost everyone else screams in pain… either way the heroes failed. So I want another ending… and there’s no way I’m going with whatever Roland was thinking. His plan makes no more or less sense to me than if someone went back in time and made the nazis win WWII.

But for a more “here” question: was Idore using the Aelfric before Seranoa’s last stand or is he just really strong like Avlora? In general I struggle to understand the things Hyzante loves making so sorry if that sounds dumb.
You mean the true ending? There is a lot of pre-requisite. Read here to see them

Yeah, the Roland one turned out to be my least favorite in which the Liberty Ending is actually my favorite besides the Golden Route. This is despite siding with Gustadolph as he's almost as cruel as the Saintly Seven of Hyzante.

Also, since it's been a long time, does anyone mind that the restrictions against spoilers is lifted?

Well yeah, it has been March since the game been released and now it is December and soon to heading into a new year. I say it has been long enough to lift the restrictions against spoilers.

Too bad not many calcs was done. Honestly, after doing my first route which was the Frederica’s route, I haven’t play the game since then

Yeah, I have a super busy year, but Armor at least accepted the lightning in Triangle Strategy as real lightning, just need to calc distance lightning travels and half the character sprite width for combat speed and reactions.

Well yeah, it has been March since the game been released and now it is December and soon to heading into a new year. I say it has been long enough to lift the restrictions against spoilers.

Too bad not many calcs was done. Honestly, after doing my first route which was the Frederica’s route, I haven’t play the game since then
Huh, that’s what I did with Utility. What a coincidence 😅

GOTY for me was Xenoblade Chronicles 3, but I see why everyone says Elden Ring is. Triangle Strategy would be in my top 5 though.

Back