• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers CRT

Thank you. I will close this thread then.

Dark-Carioca asked me to unlock this thread again, as he seems to have some remaining arguments.

Sorry for the late reply, I sometimes forget the new forum exists, and since I'm sick that doesn't help me remember better.

But yes, since the Megatron Space Bridge feat is the first impressive feat in the series, I think it should be taken into account still (one could argue it's a bit too high but even if we go with that idea, the Prime cybertronians shouldn't be much lower than that). When the Omega Lock (a machine almost as big as the Space Bridge) was destroyed, there was also a humungous explosion and everyone there pretty much tanked it. And like I've mentioned before, the novels related to Prime and the High Moon games (they are both in the Aligned continuity) also mention tremendous explosions. No matter the continuity (except for mainly Bayformers), it's always implied that no weapon on Earth could stop cybertronians without the help of other cybertronians.

And yet in the show itself they're frequently seen being hurt by cars and the like of automobiles without special capabilities. Not to mention there being...like two feats of the level you propose? In total.

And the Aligned novels along with the High Moon games are blatantly not canon to Prime, they are far too divergent and I've explained so before. Their existence simply cannot meld, even if they're both Aligned continuity properties. The Binder of Revelation, the production Bible for the entire Aligned continuity fell through almost immediately once put into action. You can't compare the settings without being disingenuous.

Last edited:
Depending on if the Official Weights are much Lower or Higher than their Alt Forms, this might make things more difficult.

What are the summarised conclusions here so far?

So in here, Optimus' weight is apparently 4.3 metric tons. Using the same formula that Lord tracer used. This gives us 62.177342256214146 tons of tnt. City block level. The wiki states the weight given for optimus is pretty implausible but whatever.

There's also this, that states Optimus weighs 8.5 tons, and the source is from Bits and Bytes. Using the formula again. This gives us 111.50095602294455 tons of tnt. Multi city block level. There are also other Character weights here. But it come from a guy named iustitia, so this can be thrown out the window.

Honestly yeah. It also came from some trading card game in 2007 And I don't think it's even canon to the main movies. It's also unrealistically light for a 28 foot robot

As I said, no, and if ya want to still use their vehicle modes weight, even though they apparently gain mass with no reason whatsoever and use a mode which is designed for reentring planets, I guess that I can do nothing about it cause I am the one with no proof.

The max thing i get is the Wikipedia articles of the characters which cite said magazines

Still waiting for input from the others, but so far our options is to use the vehicle weights to calc their AP. Or use the trading card (try to find official weights) to calc their AP. Both are somewhat questionable methods in their own rights. So far we only have Optimus' weight.

I dunno about the tfp stuff

And yet in the show itself they're frequently seen being hurt by cars and the like of automobiles without special capabilities. Not to mention there being...like two feats of the level you propose? In total.
The exact same thing happens with Bayformers. Only DOTM Megatron and AoE Prime have Class M feats, and not a single Bayformer has EVER destroyed a building physically. Never. I've at least brought up moments where feats justifying my calc happened, and even a gif of Megatron performing that Class M feat, or Grimlock's weight. I've asked and you've shown me nothing.

If two feats of such magnitude have happened, and one of them was one of the first feats showcasing how tough Transformers are, I would say that's more in line with what the writers intended of how strong and tough they're meant to be. The show makes it clear, as it happens with almost every TF piece of media, that without the Autobots, the Earth would have no way of fighting back against the Decepticons. Throughout the entire show, US Army special agent Fowler constantly asks the Autobots for help. It's shown that when the army attacks, nothing they throw at the 'cons work, and I believe at one point they even bring up the idea of simply nuking them after a nearby town is evacuated, but realize it would do nothing. Megatron's fortress, Dark Mount, remains there for a decent chunk of the series' end and the humans can't do anything about it.

That's because Dark Mount is a gigantic fortress with turrets that can wipe out the capital of the US or literally any other place if the Cons are provoked into firing it. The US Armed Forces have to play nice or else D.C. is wiped off the map.

And even beyond that, the Nemesis is basically invulnerable to conventional assault, due to a myriad of factors: it's cloaking technology, instantaneous access to spaceflight, the sheer firepower it possesses.

And there's very real evidence of normal humans being able to kill Cybertronians. Like Fowler actively helped Wheeljack hold off the Vehicon assault on the Autobot's original base. And beyond that, there's several factors which would make the army take the Autobots as the first line of response against Con incursions:

First of all, there's the no skin off their backs approach. These giant robot aliens are killing each other, why not let them kill each other properly while offering very little direct danger to our troops by engaging said very dangerous alien lifeforms? Secondly there's simply the fact that Cybertronians will know how to kill other Cybertronians better. Thirdly and probably most important is how quickly the Autobots can mobilize. They have a Ground Bridge, which the US Armed Forces do not. As do the Cons. By the time copters raise, jets are scrambled and tanks are rolled in, they could already be gone. So you default to the force that can respond the quickest and is most effective.

And as for the Bayformers comparison, I agree, in the sense that these are both series in which the Transformers are NOT infallible. This is not TF: Cybertron where Starscream grows to the size of a planet. It's still somewhat grounded, as much as TF can be.

And finally I really don't think Megatron's feat should be taken into consideration at all for the other characters, even if it was legit. The dude is on a league of his own when it comes to survivability in the show, which is proven over and over again.

Crabwhale is probably correct.

What do you think that we should do here exactly? Just close the thread, or something else?

I'd say wait for if dark carioca has anything else to say. Also curious, what will the crt you're making be about?

Universe-wide revisions on IDW, Prime/WFC, G1, Michael Bay and Animated. Maybe Beast Wars if I can find anything.

Back