• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transcending Time and Space Question

It is perfectly possible for a statement like transcending space and time to mean that a character is simply "untied" from the universe's spacetime, and is thus unaffected by alterations in the timeline and similar meddlings
I think this is also a plausible interpretation for the contracts.

There are no context.
I gave context several times 😭. we even discussed that it could be referring to being beyond mortal life but i explained here
Essentially the part for being beyond life and death is already covered as the contract will last for eternity, but then beyond space and time is already something beyond eternity so it can't also be talking about it lasting forever. hope that makes sense

Idk, I think the one saying they exceed the limitations of time and space is almost impossible to see a different way since the lasting forever aspect is already meant for the life and death aspect of the contract.
Psst, just ignore that you can’t actually prove this and is derived out of your own understanding of the story.

Psst, just ignore that you can’t actually prove this and is derived out of your own understanding of the story.
It is obviously from my understanding lmao, what else would it be from? And I explained here-
Bruh what? the post was to get others views on this, I am not dead set on 4d or 5d. All I've done is take the statements in the manga as what they could be

@Arkenis being beyond time and space in this context can also means it lasts forever no matter how far down the timeline goes it just doesn't end. Especially when they use time and space in conjunction with life and death.

@Arkenis being beyond time and space in this context can also means it lasts forever no matter how far down the timeline goes it just doesn't end. Especially when they use time and space in conjunction with life and death.
What would that grant? besides it just lasting forever, I guess it is a bit vague as well.

It is vague. Why would this grant anything? If I told you:
“Our promise that we will have kids will last forever, no matter how tough our life will it go, no matter, this promise exceeds the limitations of death and life!”,

means I will get eternal life? Typical, ofc no, it is just exaggerated lol

Last edited:
It is vague. Why would this grant anything? If I told you:
"Our promise that we will have kids will last forever, no matter how tough our life will it go",

means I will get eternal life?
kinda ignores the wording used in the witch's context though. Your example doesn't tie in exceeding space and time to it unlike the witch's contract which just blatantly states it "exceeds" or "surpasses". I also was reading from another that "transcend" isn't enough and that statements like "surpasses time and space" are needed for tiering since its more blatant of a statement.

You are ignoring the last scan. Why would a promise grant anything? All these statements leads to one thing:
My promise as supporter will last forever

You are ignoring the last scan. Why would a promise grant anything? All these statements leads to one thing:
Its a contract, where are you getting promise from? I sent the definition from wiki before and also google-
"a written or spoken agreement, especially one concerning employment, sales, or tenancy, that is intended to be enforceable by law."

You're trying to twist the context with changing the words and I have no idea why. Just stick to whats used here.

Its a contract, where are you getting promise from? I sent the definition from wiki before and also google-
"a written or spoken agreement, especially one concerning employment, sales, or tenancy, that is intended to be enforceable by law."
Contract can be defined as promise in this context. And the definition you got is from other fandom. Not from actually dictionary.

You're trying to twist the context with changing the words and I have no idea why. Just stick to whats used here.
Sure, when I say “promise”, I mean contract (not contract manipulation that I have no idea why it is relevant)

Contract can be defined as promise. And the definition you got is from other fandom. Not from actually dictionary.
Yeah but how are you getting its just a promise? I think if it was a promise in the sense of just a regular old promise it would have used that wording, yet it doesn't so it just seems a bit disingenuous. And powerlisting's description of contract manipulation is almost exactly whats going on with the witches.

Yeah but how are you getting its just a promise? I think if it was a promise in the sense of just a regular old promise it would have used that wording, yet it doesn't so it just seems a bit disingenuous. And powerlisting's description of contract manipulation is almost exactly whats going on with the witches.
Because the definition is literally backed up at the end of the scan. Literally @Pain_to12 and @Theglassman12 agreed with it.

Also this is literally the same as Jujutsu Kaisen situation, where Sukana made pact with Itadori. Yes it is "somehow contract manipulation" in a sense where two people are doing a pact that you are not allowed to leave neither break unless the conditions are given. But it is nowhere battle applicable or even hax.

Promise is noun... I am nowhere using it as verb. Oh my-
This is actually hilarious, Im saying I think contract is being used as a noun here, while it's verb use is as a promise.
LWv5Z3v.png

Also this is literally the same as Jujutsu Kaisen situation, where Sukana made pact with Itadori. Yes it is "somehow contract manipulation" in a sense where two people are doing a pact that you are not allowed to leave neither break unless the conditions are given. But it is nowhere battle applicable or even hax.
Pretty sure we classified those as law manipulation too. You realize the vows literally have hax with them right? I can't also explain jjk binding vows to you as well here dude. But here,
unknown.png

Directly from the fanbook that binding vows actually induce effects on objects such as Sukuna's fingers making them indestructible.

This is actually hilarious, Im saying I think contract is being used as a noun here, while it's verb use is as a promise.
LWv5Z3v.png
No way we are arguing for this...
Pretty sure we classified those as law manipulation too. You realize the vows literally have hax with them right? I can't also explain jjk binding vows to you as well here dude. But here,
unknown.png

Directly from the fanbook that binding vows actually induce effects on objects such as Sukuna's fingers making them indestructible.
Wtf is this?

Dude? If I now made a business pact with u, am I manipulating law? ☠️

Huh bro? I have no clue why we are even arguing for this right now.
Because you are seemingly using Contract as a verb when I think in context its as a noun. If you don't understand at this point then it doesnt matter anymore.

No you are wrong. I am aware and still using it as noun.
Then how is the noun description of Contract -
a written or spoken agreement, especially one concerning employment, sales, or tenancy, that is intended to be enforceable by law.

The same as Promise -
a declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen.

Witch's Contract

What would you classify this as? I went with it being 5d but I wanna know what others think. Also going beyond time and space in context seems to refer to actual space and time as it says it exceeds time and space as well.
Maybe the contract or the hax is 4d or 5d I’ve seen people listing haxs dimensional now but I wouldnt list it to the characters existence or ap/dc.

Back