• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Totally not Madoka vs Totally not Yggdrasil

So like.

I'm scanning Cute Madoka's profile back and forth and there isn't any resistance to time stop on her profile

Yggdrasil leads with that

Madoka also leads with Stop but he actually resists it

That's all I know

If Both lead with TS but she doesn't resist it, then it's Time Stop and Eternal Divide to the face.

Also unless she has a feat of copying ability to move in time stop, that would be like me abusing "Lavos copies entire skillset as soon as the match starts" in threads. Which not only I don't use but also censor others from using due to how NLFish it is.

I think it all hinges on how the opening sequence goes. Does she survive space-time cutting?

I wasn't actually arguing that she'd copy the resistance, just that the power mimicry covers both. She doesn't have extreme feats of resistance copying, so yeah, she'd probably stay frozen. Her power mimicry is basically making a copy of the memories of the opponent, and gaining it, along with their powers.

Depends from the space-time cutting, I guess? If it just bisects her, she can regen.

Actually don't remember if she has combat applicable type 6 or not, which would be fairly important here, but it's too late so i'll check tomorrow morning.

.*and power mimicry (which also happens to copy resistances)

Isn't that after time Stop? Or is it just 50/50?

More or less: If both lead with TS but Madoka doesn't resist it and doesn't survive 5-B Space-Time cutting, then I say Mithos. If only because he kills her before she has the chance to overwhelm him.

If she has something not to be stopped and/or to survive I say Madoka wins.

She has to watch out for possession too, though, as if Mithos' body is destroyed and the cruxis crystal is still there, he can still possess someone of comparable level/stronger than him (he possessed Lloyd and a party member when they interfered).

Eternal Divide isn't quite cutting in half, as much as it's the 5-B range version of this he used to and I quote "separate the two worlds in a single slash".

The sword of bullsh... I mean, Eternal Sword also negates time travelling or escape through time since it's what they needed in Phantasia to prevent Dhaos from surviving in whatever time period/escaping to whatever space-time post defeat as he did time and again through the game.

He is. Appears in Symphonia, Rays, his sword plays a huge role in Phantasia and he also has a (non-canon?) appearance in Tales of the World 3 where he has the infamous Troll Stop, the Time Stop that stops you before it has been even used (Immeasurable Speed Time Stop confirmed?).

And then proceeds to stop you for the duration of the time stop as well.

...For some reason.

I'll check it out. I think it would because IIRC even Levi's regen is too much for Mithos to put down. I may be wrong.

Checked Levi's profile.

Looks to me like everything Mithos can do, it generally does better soooo yeah, probs stomp.

Anyways, voting Mithos for now based on my reasons above.

EDIT:

But credit where credit is due in this match, if she actually survives the opening sequence of the match, I would see F. Madoka taking this as she might manage eventually to Power Null/Mimicry him or just overwhelm with her variety of hax.

Surviving the first sequence would also mean that Mithos best bet of putting her down - if Eternal Divide were to not be enough - would be Possession but IIRC characters in Wraith arc resisted that.

So it's all about her dying or not in that first exchange for me. As I currently see it from what I know and the profiles, she does.

@Dragon Oh, that. Well, the first key looks doable to me.

Even if Mithos loses that one it doesn't look stompish (well, from what I know at least).

@Gar

She leads with both because both take a single thought anyway. She wouldn't wait to see if Time Stop is working or not to start copying.

Anyway, i checked, and the type 6 isn't combat applicable because the portion of Homura's power that makes False Madoka a thing goes back to the owner after the death of the body.

She doesn't resist Possesion, but she is a possesed body herself, so taking over the body might be more difficult than normal.

The only WA character that you really shouldn't try to posses are CMG Homura due to Possesion that's good enough to allow Wraiths to break free from AoC (Meaning that it resists 2-A power absorption), AoC (Because lol 2-A curses within the body) and UKG (Do i actually have to explain this one? ovo)

Ah so both work at the same time, ok,

So....What can mimicry help her with? If it's copied something of really high note copying resistance isn't THAT NLF

She copied a 2-A hax (Homura's power drain) and the powers of someone who is for all intents and purposes something that never existed and that is unable to exist (aka non-goddess Madoka).

Regarding the latter:

"That is due to our adjustment. The isolation field will only stop interference from one direction. Even though it will reject all attempts from the outside, it is still possible to guide a victim in from the inside. Only targets that your witch side unconsciously seeks will enter this world. After such limitation, if the force known as 'law of cycle' seeks to contact Akemi Homura still. Then the only way it will enter is through being captured by the labyrinth as a victim and be forced to materialize in this world. In that case, us Incubator will then finally be able to ascertain the puzzle behind magic girl's disappearance, and observe it directly. In fact, the characters that existed in the real world already joined in strange ways. What is more fascinating, a girl that neither existed in past memory nor future possibility, someone who should have no connection, no cause or effect to this world, joined seemlessly in your world. Well, there was never any need to search, from the begining you have made things easier for us, Akemi Homura. Even before this all started, you have always called the 'law of cycles' by the name of Kaname Madoka."

I don't like power mimicry as an argument myself, so i'll simply leave this here and let you all decide if it's enough

I will say this

Yggdrasil's Stop is speech based

If Madoka's mimicry works, she resists and wins through massive versatility and overall Hax advantage, if it doesn't well.

EEEEETEEEERRRRRNAAAALLLL

DIVIDE!

I said that because i'm working under the assumption that copying his resistance is above the stuff that she can do, because I don't like using power mimicry as an argument.

Whether or not her feats are enough to do that is up to what you all think.

Theglassman12 said:
@Gargoyle Kal said that she would still be frozen even if she manages to copy.
Kal doesn't know his Time Stop is speech based to my knowledge

Actually I already knew that, I read the thread against Gaiamon(?) where Fate said that

Kaltias said:
I said that because i'm working under the assumption that copying his resistance is above the stuff that she can do, because I don't like using power mimicry as an argument.
Whether or not her feats are enough to do that is up to what you all think.
Now you have me wondering if I should keep the vote for Ygg due to less variables involved (which would make me go "Ygg 6/10") or just go and say Inconclusive due to there being things I'm not able to tell for sure.

Eh, I'll go with the second and change to Inconclusive since can't say for sure if it's "Stop and Divide, done" which would translate to Mithos or if it's "Stop - Copy, not Stop" which would translate to Madoka generally having more chances since at that point she would be free from Mithos' most dangerous deal and also have his powers.

Inconclusive, then.

Back