• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko: Issue with the 8-A Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Came across this verse by the Random Page button, boy does it have problems, here's one for example:

Currently Toriko's 8-A comes from this NF calc, using the bite of Regal Mammoth.

The problem? If you'd note, they give this creature a comparable bite force to a crocodile, Nile Crocodile to be exact, which possesses the strongest biteforce across all current living animals, and upscale from that... which doesn't make sense.

For contrast, the Great White Shark typically has a bite force of 625 psi, and no, size or strength isn't relevant to it, considering the tiny Snapping Turtles still possess a bite force of 1000 psi.

So I feel we're really overestimating the potency of this feat, and it likely need recalcing

You're correct in that comparison to the crocodile isn't warranted just because Toriko animals > RL animals.

The calc needs remaking with more reasonable assumptions.

EDIT: The verse page for Toriko could actually do with updating to have a proper calcs section too.

EDIT: The verse page for Toriko could actually do with updating to have a proper calcs section too.
Yeah the entire verse need a fully revision between powerscaling and feats, like Toriko's Earth supposedly having an GBE greater than a Supernova.

For the record the NF calc gives another end of the feat at 2 Tons, which I'll suggest as the end if there is no activity.

You're correct in that comparison to the crocodile isn't warranted just because Toriko animals > RL animals.
Relevance to bite force proportions?

Again just because you're > another animal doesn't mean you automatically have higher bite efficiency.

The easiest way from my view would be to just scale up a IRL elephant or mammoth's bite force.

This has been kinda inactive, so should we just use the 2 Ton end and go "At least High 8-C, likely far higher"?

I tried looking up the bite strength for a elephant/mastodon but couldn't get anything. So that's probably the best solution for now, though considering the Mammoth's size I imagine they're likely much higher.

I don't suppose potential energy could be used for the Mammoth's teeth? The 2 tons solution is only using the mass of the teeth.

I think any herbivore mammal may be comparable (exceptions being hippos), if you're able to find a number for them :v

I think PE should be last resort, but last resort is seemingly all we have if we can't find a value

Yeah NF calc funnily enough I think downplayed its results by just... using signficantly lower values than the ones it itself listed.

Anywho is someone willing to update the pages to use this calc instead :V

Idk the verse so unsure who scales

Thank you for helping out @HST_Master . Feel free to do so then. Just be careful to do so in a proper manner.

Komatsu should have his ratings removed for now until proper justifications can be found. Just make him Human level.

Can somebody summarise what is left to do here please?

Komatsu's profile looks like it has been updated. I don't think there's anything left to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back