• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko Discussion Thread 5

I have a feeling that if Mitsutoshi had more time that even something stronger would exist besides the gourmet gods

^i can imagine a story arc about the actual creator of the gourmet gods/appetites/flavors in general,

somewhere they needed to have been created afterall, and that the farthest land was in fact the meal for that being who created it (which makes the being the chief and as we know, in toriko the chiefs are the ones who prepare meals)...

Its possible that the author's next story may not revolve around toriko but another main character in the same universe

JiJi said that the Red Demon's "individual strength has been hailed as histories greatest", ie the Red Demon is the strongest creature in the Red Universe. The Red Universe has Mammoths as big as stars, hence the Red Demon should be Star Level.

I am pretty sure the final villian in space would be the demon king i can already see him eating milk ways like its nothing putting galactus in shame doing some crazy hax shitt that makes him tier 2 or higher and toriko going full ultimate routine on demon king now that would be badass

^didnt toriko and the other heavenly kings fuse their body once?

would be so awesome if they did it again but this time with their whole bodys, they would become so incredible OP XD

Why not but wait uncle shounen jump said no to that sorry bruh crushing dreams sinds late 2000 after all who needs these shows we got one piece ahahhaa all the money

I think he is mocking Shounen Jump for axing other series to make one piece more proffitable.

oh

I mean, i like one piece and all but toriko kept us on the edge of our seats with more action packed in chapters than one piece :(

The hype would be real and if it were succesfull enough there could be a countinuation of Toriko.

that should have been toriko but toei doesnt give a fck anymore shame because they have the most money. plus that madhouse idea we can all hope

I can't see why such high-tiers like Acaciam Don Slime, White Oni Toriko are stuck at Large Planet Level when we've seen Star Level feats from them

Nibbler3100 said:
I can't see why such high-tiers like Acaciam Don Slime, White Oni Toriko are stuck at Large Planet Level when we've seen Star Level feats from them
Because Toriko has a smaller fanbase than Dragon Ball.

Nibbler3100 said:
If you can point out those feats and create a content revision thread

When are we gonna be getting some Solar System level Toriko characters? White Oni could easily one shot a character who is already high up in the Large Star level scale with a finger poke, the same character who treats other high up in the Large Star level scale characters like bunch of fodders without trying.

White JohnCenaNation said:
When are we gonna be getting some Solar System level Toriko characters? White Oni could easily one shot a character who is already high up in the Large Star level scale with a finger poke, the same character who treats other high up in the Large Star level scale characters like bunch of fodders without trying.
White Oni literally treats everyone else in the verse like fodder by virtue of one shooting Neo... Nobody can scale to him, there's no one to put in Solar System Level.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
White JohnCenaNation said:
White Oni literally treats everyone else in the verse like fodder by virtue of one shooting Neo... Nobody can scale to him, there's no one to put in Solar System Level.
So why isn't White Oni like Solar System level?

Because we don't use multipliers from one shooting to kick someone up into another tier entirely unless the person they one shot is literally a sliver away from going into said tier.

Agreed you are better off with a Revision of Neo Demon Acacia tier to Solar systeem then White Oni because of the lack of evidence.

Regarding Toriko's discussion rule:
  • Do not attempt to upgrade the Toriko character Acacia/Neo to Multi-Galaxy level based on an outlier that contradicts every other established feat from the main cast.
This rule came from https://vsbattles.com/threads/possible-star-level-teppei-upgrade.86905/ and was added at https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?diff=894614&oldid=884020. Later, part of it was removed at https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?diff=910959&oldid=910954 for unknown reasons.
Evaluation: Reading through the thread that added this rule, it was mainly about Teppei and 4-C, which was cut from this rule within two weeks for unknown reasons; Acacia and 3-B were mostly afterthoughts. As this rule is from a time when the standards for adding discussion rules were much laxer, I could find no other threads even debating this, and it's not like this issue is still a problem, unless I missed something, we should remove this rule.
@Damage3245 @Ogurtsow @Antvasima Is this acceptable?

To be honest, I don't think that rule should have been a thing in the first place. It was never an AP feat anyway.

I have no problems with it being removed.

To be fair the manga ended back in 2016. Which is a shame. It should've gotten a sequel series by now.
I would love to get a sequel for the series since the author's newer stuff doesn't interest me at all.

It would be nice to start off from the end chapter of Toriko and Komatsu going into outer space to fight that giant ass snake monster.

To be honest, I don't think that rule should have been a thing in the first place. It was never an AP feat anyway.

I have no problems with it being removed.
Thank you. I have removed this rule.

I think that the rule should remain, as 3-C or 3-B ratings for characters that are not gods would be extremely inconsistent with all other feats for the verse.

I think that the rule should remain, as 3-C or 3-B ratings for characters that are not gods would be extremely inconsistent with all other feats for the verse.
Those proposals will just be rejected. It's not an AP feat.

Back