• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's RPG Stats Equal Tournament Round 4! Sans vs the Knight (Hollow Knight) (DONE)

Soo I'm not really knowledgeable on Sans but I can talk on behalf of the little Ghost. He's outright immune to Sans' soul manipulation due to not having a soul + is specifically skilled in fighting against danmaku users similar to if not superior to Sans.

Knight is also skilled AF in direct combat, being capable of beating 2 nail masters. Plus he's packing some mean hax like mind and soul manip as well as mid-high regen

Imma go sleep, but sans probably will just SI the Knight into stopping the fight, I don't think Knight here is evil enough for sans to actually wanna kill em and stuff,
If that doesn't work, at worst sans pulls his "Keep having my turn forever" thing and it becomes an incon.
He usually gets one-shot before going for it in normal matches, but that ain't a problem with stats equal lol

Sans can still hurt and kill stuff that has no soul (Flowey) so that's a non issue.

It in the end is an argument on who gets to hit whom first and how hard.

Since LS would be equalized Sans wouldn't just push down the knight gg. The knight would probably be able to survive the first attack via pogos, shade dashes and monarch wings, though he'd get hurt for sure.

In the end it really becomes a struggle and it comes down to attack consistency and stamina. I think Sans does beat the knight in the end because the knight doesn't really have a move that can get to sans fast enough and actually hit him. Sans' final attacks on the other hand would wreck the knight due to relying a ton on telekinesis, not to mention that the knight wouldn't be able to get out of the final attack since he can't break out of the tp trap.

Overall Sans probably wins.

Imma go sleep, but sans probably will just SI the Knight into stopping the fight,
How is he using social influence on a mindless being? SI relies on emotions and mentality, both of which TK doesn't have in this key.
I don't think Knight here is evil enough for sans to actually wanna kill em and stuff,
If that doesn't work, at worst sans pulls his "Keep having my turn forever" thing and it becomes an incon.
He usually gets one-shot before going for it in normal matches, but that ain't a problem with stats equal lol
The Knight just influences his mind to like, not do that via its mind manip.
Also wtf is "keep having his turn" thingy? This isn't a turn based fight.
It in the end is an argument on who gets to hit whom first and how hard.
Does Sans have any actual combat skill for this to even be debatable? And it's not about who hits first because TK can just kidna regenerate from getting hit.
In the end it really becomes a struggle and it comes down to attack consistency and stamina. I think Sans does beat the knight in the end because the knight doesn't really have a move that can get to sans fast enough and actually hit him. Sans' final attacks on the other hand would wreck the knight due to relying a ton on telekinesis, not to mention that the knight wouldn't be able to get out of the final attack since he can't break out of the tp trap.
Sans' telekinesis is said to work on souls specifically on his profile so that just shouldn't work. Actually most of Sans' abilities are said to work specifically on a persons soul which TK outright doesn't have.

Overall I don't see how Sans hits The Knight to begin due to skill and flight, plus and even if he managed to do so, Knight can just regenerate.
Btw about this, this wouldn't be the first time sans fought a soulless being (Flowey), his dura neg works either way. Although, he probably won't resort to it in the first place.
His duraneg is described as a soul poison. The Knight both doesn't have a soul and is an inorganic being so it shouldn't work. Even if it does, TK just heals from it.

How is he using social influence on a mindless being? SI relies on emotions and mentality, both of which TK doesn't have in this key.
Is that so? Probably should give em Mindless in intelligence for their Void key
UYRyMSG.png

It won't
He locks a person in a teleportation lock where they can't get out or attack even if they have a ranged weapon.
Does Sans have any actual combat skill for this to even be debatable? And it's not about who hits first because TK can just kidna regenerate from getting hit.
He has danmaku far worse than most things TK has faced and instinctive reaction good enough to dodge attacks in his sleep. He also can dodge attacks from a person who killed some of the most skilled warriors in the kingdom.
Sans' telekinesis is said to work on souls specifically on his profile so that just shouldn't work. Actually most of Sans' abilities are said to work specifically on a persons soul which TK outright doesn't have.
If it worked on Flowey, a soulless being, it will work on TK.
Overall I don't see how Sans hits The Knight to begin due to skill and flight, plus and even if he managed to do so, Knight can just regenerate.
The Knight won't regenerate since he needs to hit someone to get soul to actually use focus. Sans can hit the knight due to superior danmaku.

Is that so? Probably should give em Mindless in intelligence for their Void key
Idk. But it is noted in the powers and abilities section
complete Immunity to Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation and Telepathy (After unifying with the Void, it seems to have became completely empty, with even the White Lady being unable to sense if it has emotions or not[17])
So how/why would that work in a non-ingame situation?
He locks a person in a teleportation lock where they can't get out or attack even if they have a ranged weapon.
How? What's a teleportation lock?
He has danmaku far worse than most things TK has faced and instinctive reaction good enough to dodge attacks in his sleep.
Sooo the knight is still more than skilled enough to dodge his attacks even without flight when this key can straight up fly.
Dodging attacks in his sleep is aight but that doesn't give him the skill to actually fight masters. Dodging ≠ dodging efficiently if yk what I mean.
He also can dodge attacks from a person who killed some of the most skilled warriors in the kingdom.
I'm mainly asking for offensive skill here. Dodging an attack or 2 from TK won't mean much given most of Knights opponents were extremely tanky and needed many hits to be dealt with anyway.
If it worked on Flowey, a soulless being, it will work on TK.
What worked in Flowey? Because the telekinesis specifically says he can move souls.
The Knight won't regenerate since he needs to hit someone to get soul to actually use focus.
That's healing. I'm talking about regeneration. This is void given form not base Knight.
Regeneration (High-Mid, possibly Mid-High. Can easily reform their bodies from the void particles they are made from
Sans can hit the knight due to superior danmaku.
Can you show me danmaku superior to something like AbsRad? Because TK could avoid those without flight and this key has flying on top of that.
So it's poison. This version of TK is inorganic meaning he's immune to poisons.

How? What's a teleportation lock?

You get teleported back to where you came from every time no matter what.
Sooo the knight is still more than skilled enough to dodge his attacks even without flight when this key can straight up fly.
Nope, his flight either works horizontally or a singular jump. Additionally he hasn't fought anyone with Danmaku similar to Sans'.
Dodging attacks in his sleep is aight but that doesn't give him the skill to actually fight masters.
Who needs fighting when you can teleport away.
I'm mainly asking for offensive skill here. Dodging an attack or 2 from TK won't mean much given most of Knights opponents were extremely tanky and needed many hits to be dealt with anyway.
The deal with sans however is that he never lets anyone hit him.
What worked in Flowey? Because the telekinesis specifically says he can move souls.
Presumably anything he has since Flowey is a tough opponent. Despite Flowey having in-canon save points he had to reset timelines because nothing he did worked on sans despite trying again and again.
That's healing. I'm talking about regeneration. This is void given form not base Knight.
That means all his powers aren't applicable since his shell has been shattered. All he can do now is slap people with tendrils and fly a little
Can you show me danmaku superior to something like AbsRad? Because TK could avoid those without flight and this key has flying on top of that.

So it's poison. This version of TK is inorganic meaning he's immune to poisons.
It's not canonically poison, it is magic that works similar to poison.

That means all his powers aren't applicable since his shell has been shattered. All he can do now is slap people with tendrils and fly a little
Actually the Knight's Shade was shown to be able to use it's spells even without SOUL so I think it's safe to say that the Knight in this key can do the same.

Actually the Knight's Shade was shown to be able to use it's spells even without SOUL so I think it's safe to say that the Knight in this key can do the same.
That's fair (though the spells were shown to be weaker). Still would basically nuke all his charms and weapons

You get teleported back to where you came from every time no matter what.

Sooo what's stopping TK from just shade cloaking through it? Or talking him into turning it off?
Nope, his flight either works horizontally or a singular jump.
No it does not. The Knight literally just straight up flies around in this key.
Who needs fighting when you can teleport away.
Just about every character who TK fought which had teleportation? And this is SBA, Sans just running away in hopes of incon results is against the state of mind he should be in.
The deal with sans however is that he never lets anyone hit him.
He doesn't need to let TK hit him, he just needs to fail to dodge.
Presumably anything he has since Flowey is a tough opponent.
That can't be true because soul manip logically couldn't have worked on a soulless being lol.
Nothing in the game even remotely implies that (the shade literally learns the same spells as you when you learn them) and more importantly, the profile says he has all of his past abilities.

That's pretty good but nothing beyond TKs scope. Especially when you consider he can fly, dash through objects, and parry them.
It's not canonically poison, it is magic that works similar to poison.
So you're saying the profile describes it as soul poison but it doesn't affect souls and isn't poison? 😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐
That's goofy af, but if that's somehow the case then TK just heals it up instantly since it "slowly" drains the HP.

Sooo what's stopping TK from just shade cloaking through it? Or talking him into turning it off?
Gets instantly teleported back
No it does not. The Knight literally just straight up flies around in this key.
Didn't see it was that key before
Just about every character who TK fought which had teleportation?
Yeah teleporting a bit in a small room. This is a guy with better range and a far better range with tp, not your casual teleportation guy. This is one second he is a close, next he is a hundred meters behind you.
And this is SBA, Sans just running away in hopes of incon results is against the state of mind he should be in.
No, SBA isn't bloodlust. He can run away and prolong the fight because that is in character.
He doesn't need to let TK hit him, he just needs to fail to dodge.
This is a stat equal tournament, Sans can tank an attack in a worst case scenario.
That can't be true because soul manip logically couldn't have worked on a soulless being lol.
Yet it did bro, deal with it
Nothing in the game even remotely implies that (the shade literally learns the same spells as you when you learn them) and more importantly, the profile says he has all of his past abilities.
That's because the profile is outdated as hell and I haven't finished the revisions. He has at best a few of his abilities which the shade has in a limited range and power compared to the real deal.
That's pretty good but nothing beyond TKs scope. Especially when you consider he can fly, dash through objects, and parry them.
Yeah yeah come back when TK suddenly knows how to maneuver in mid-air flight and shows more flight feats than floating upwards in a single sequence. Parrying dozens of bones won't work, he doesn't have his sword and even then he could barely parry a frew chain attacks. Dashing won't work against long rows of bones since dashing has limits. Also, dashing will probably not work actually since, you know, the cloak is gone.
So you're saying the profile describes it as soul poison but it doesn't affect souls and isn't poison? 😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐
That's goofy af, but if that's somehow the case then TK just heals it up instantly since it "slowly" drains the HP.
It doesn't slowly drain hp. It instantly poisons a portion of your HP. Basically, even if you heal up it'll still continue draining. Additionally he still ain't healing squat since he can't focus without soul.

It doesn't slowly drain hp. It instantly poisons a portion of your HP. Basically, even if you heal up it'll still continue draining. Additionally he still ain't healing squat since he can't focus without soul.
So what you're saying is it works as a "Max HP Reduction" effect like Maliketh's Destined Death?

That's fair (though the spells were shown to be weaker). Still would basically nuke all his charms and weapons
While it's true that the Knight's Shade can't use charms to boost it's abilities it does keep the spell and (presumably)nail upgrades so they would still be able to do a significant amount of damage regardless. Also couldn't The Knight just destroy Sans' bones?

Last edited:
I have no clue what that is
If your health is 100% the "Max HP Reduction" effect will make it so that it's is reduced to 90%(or below) with no amount of healing being able to restore the damage, though it does wear off after some time has passed(though that might be just game mechanics.)

While it's true that the Knight's Shade can't use charms to boost it's abilities it does keep the spell and (presumably)nail upgrades so they would still be able to do a significant amount of damage regardless. Also couldn't The Knight just destroy the Sans' bones?
He probably can destroy Sans' bones but if they're spammed I doubt he'd be able to deal with all of them. Additionally they can spawn almost instantly from any direction without warning.
If your health is 100% the "Max HP Reduction" effect will make it so that it's is reduced to 90%(or below) with no amount of healing being able to restore the damage, though it does wear off after some time has passed(though that might be just game mechanics.)
Basically that but it's even more temporary.
Basically you have 40hp but 20hp is poisoned so you heal to 92hp but the 20 poisoned hp remains and lowers to 72hp.

Gets instantly teleported back
Can he teleport intangible beings? Does he have infinite stamina? Is this even in character under SBA?
Yeah teleporting a bit in a small room. This is a guy with better range and a far better range with tp, not your casual teleportation guy. This is one second he is a close, next he is a hundred meters behind you.
Sure? The range doesn't really matter here.
No, SBA isn't bloodlust. He can run away and prolong the fight because that is in character.
SBA states he's actively trying to kill the opponent. Stalling to meet vsbw criteria for incon goes against that 💀
This is a stat equal tournament, Sans can tank an attack in a worst case scenario.
No not really. TK uses sharp blades meaning if he hits Sans it will do major damage.
Yet it did bro, deal with it
That would just be PIS. And bad writing doesn't give you the ability to affect souls of people who don't have souls.
That's because the profile is outdated as hell and I haven't finished the revisions.
Wdym "outdated" did you get an early access to Silksong? 😭
He has at best a few of his abilities which the shade has in a limited range and power compared to the real deal.
This isn't just the shade, this is void given form. I've said this like 10x now.
Yeah yeah come back when TK suddenly knows how to maneuver in mid-air flight and shows more flight feats than floating upwards in a single sequence.
Flying simply removes the cooldown disadvantage of the monarch wings. The Knight already had great midair maneuver skills with just a double jump and pogos, giving him straight up flight just enhances his mobility.
Parrying dozens of bones won't work,
He doesn't need to parry dozens at once. Just in case he failed to dodge one.
he doesn't have his sword
There's no reason to assume he lost his sword and we see the og shade use it's sword. I even sent you a scan.
and even then he could barely parry a frew chain attacks.
Which is more than enough…
Dashing won't work against long rows of bones since dashing has limits.
Dashing + flight absolutely would work. Dash gets him out of the initial attack and flight keeps him out of the waves.
Also, dashing will probably not work actually since, you know, the cloak is gone.
Prove that? The shade cloak is
Cloak formed from the substance of the Abyss.
Actually it doesn't even matter. It's in the profile so idk why are you trying to argue against it here.
At this point I'm just repeating myself. I already told you I'm not referring to focus HEALING but to REGENERATION
Regeneration (High-Mid, possibly Mid-High. Can easily reform their bodies from the void particles they are made from

Can he teleport intangible beings? Does he have infinite stamina? Is this even in character under SBA?
It's under SBA and Knight is only intangible for a single ~1 meter dash. Sans tp range is far greater.
Sure? The range doesn't really matter here.
Range always matters. Knight has bad travel speed.
SBA states he's actively trying to kill the opponent. Stalling to meet vsbw criteria for incon goes against that 
That's literally what happened in the story though. He actively tried to kill someone and when failed he resorted to plan b.
No not really. TK uses sharp blades meaning if he hits Sans it will do major damage.
That means nothing really it's not dura neg it's just slightly more damage. He'd need to actually hit him first which ain't happening.
That would just be PIS. And bad writing doesn't give you the ability to affect souls of people who don't have souls.
Nah, it's simply something that works. Magic in undertale is both physical and soul attacking. His abilities work on both mediums.
Wdym "outdated" did you get an early access to Silksong? 
Nah it means that whoever created the profiles didn't do a good enough job
This isn't just the shade, this is void given form. I've said this like 10x now.
Doesn't matter. Prove he has the powers to the same extent or cease.
Flying simply removes the cooldown disadvantage of the monarch wings.
That is not proven since the most he has flown is upwards. For all we know it's just a floating ability.
The Knight already had great midair maneuver skills with just a double jump and pogos, giving him straight up flight just enhances his mobility.
Sure, it enhances it, but Sans killed a character who was a master of dodging danmaku in the air like 17 times (danmaku that is overall as crazy or crazier than anything HK has to offer). He can certainly put down someone with somehwhat decent maneuvering skills and an undefined level of flight.
He doesn't need to parry dozens at once. Just in case he failed to dodge one.
If he has a wall of bones coming at him he ain't gonna be able to parry them. The knight doesn't know Sans' patterns and can easily be caught off guard.
There's no reason to assume he lost his sword and we see the og shade use it's sword. I even sent you a scan.
The og shade use a sword, not the sword, not to mention the lower range.
Which is more than enough…
It ain't
Dashing + flight absolutely would work. Dash gets him out of the initial attack and flight keeps him out of the waves.
Your entire argument rn relies on a single undefined feat of flight and your assumption that he can maneuver in that state.
Prove that? The shade cloak is
Actually it doesn't even matter. It's in the profile so idk why are you trying to argue against it here.
Fair, you proved it.
At this point I'm just repeating myself. I already told you I'm not referring to focus HEALING but to REGENERATION
Why is he even allowed here then, wasn't this supposed to be a low-mid ability tournament? You'd need some serious disintegration abilities to handle this which ain't allowed. Gonna have to ask the organizer to look at this carefully.
Is this kinda stuff allowed here?

Ah yes good mornin- so this may have been yet another oversight on my end (i am blind yes). High-Mid Regen is still considered Mid, so capping it there should be fine

Also, whats the consensus/overview here of the arguments?

Ah yes good mornin- so this may have been yet another oversight on my end (i am blind yes). High-Mid Regen is still considered Mid, so capping it there should be fine

Also, whats the consensus/overview here of the arguments?
Well if we consider in the regen and the immunity to soul manipulation then it means Sans has no way to permanently put down the knight. He'd run out of stamina before the knight could ever die so in the end that's a loss for sans.

.....god i dont need another incon kerfuffle Round 3 became one because its literally who shoots first-

No. If we count in regen the knight would simply outlast him and eventually probably get a hit in with ranged attacks.
Knight wouldn't be able to attack sans once he uses his special attack tho? Even Frisk with a gun can't do so, so I don't think ranged attacks would matter.

Knight wouldn't be able to attack sans once he uses his special attack tho? Even Frisk with a gun can't do so, so I don't think ranged attacks would matter.
Sans could probably get whooped by an unexpected attack if the knight reforms after being killed once. Sans hasn't dealt with regeneration before so I think he could get struck down.

Seems im gonna have to pass my own judgement.
While yes, Sans can stall the Knight out, its more likely then not that the Knight is going to have put Sans down before he even pulls it. Cant underestimate the power of the soul blast lol

Sans could probably get whooped by an unexpected attack if the knight reforms after being killed once. Sans hasn't dealt with regeneration before so I think he could get struck down.
I guess it depends on if sans sees him regenerating or not, and even then his IR let him dodge an attack in his sleep, so yeah,
Plus, this is stats equal, sans isn't dying in one-hit.

Yeah Sans wont die in one hit, but with multiple hits yeah. As long as you have Soul in HK, you can pretty easily chain attacks together.
Hell. Knight could even lead with the double tap soul fireball (i forgot its name its been a while)

Eh, sans did manage to pull it off against someone who'd one-shot him if they so much as graze him, I doubt he'd have much trouble doing so when given ample opportunities,
I don't think chaining attacks would work either with sans being able to teleport/time stop and such

Back