• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We have few discussions about DMC that are not some struggles and some universal madness, so I decided to create this thing that I call "topic"

Basically, ranking the most powerful characters from this

Reboot is shit, who's going to miss them ? It would be a INSANE BUFFOON, right ?

So, let´s start

DMC3 Dante and Vergil

- Even being in its weakest versions, our icons already appear in a top 10, yes we know that there are more powerful characters, at least in AP, as is the case of Trish and the brothers Baul and Modeus, but they do not have a certain thing to face the Sons of Sparda : Hax

Time Manipulation, Negating durability, resistance to a lot of other hax, etc

Nero

- Our emotional boy is surely more powerful than Dante and Vergil at the beginning of his careers, he is ahead by owning Hax to confront and win any of the two and still possesses better feats against more powerful enemies

DMC1 Dante and Vergil "Nelo Angelo"

- We're not taking the Sparda Sword here, okay?

Well, the brothers are back, both meet at Mallet Island and fight three times, being one victory for Vergil and two for Dante. Both here are clearly more powerful and far more experienced, Dante for example has Hellfire, Time Stop, Precog, and Vergil possesses Fire, Soul, Darkness and Teleport Hax

Sid / Abigail

We arrived at the God tiers of DMC, finally, where we have at least High 6-A characters

The owner of such a feat is this one, Sid with Abigail's powers. This demon was said to be able to rival Mundus in power, Sid having these powers clearly showed no total dominance, even then casually did the best feat of DMC until then. Was easily defeated by Dante's Devil Trigger in the Anime

Arius Argosax and Lucia

Same thing

Weak dude + Hell Lord Power = Someone who doesn't know how to control their own power

Lucia defeated Arius - Argosax, so she deserves this place

TAS Dante

Maybe here we start to be a little controversial, because not everyone sees Dante in the Anime as being "so weak", and this includes Matt from what I saw in past posts

Anyway, this version of Dante was compared to Sparda by a demon he encounters in one of the episodes

"I thought you were the same, but compared to him (Sparda), you are nothing but a child"

He said this based on Dante's base form, but we know that the DT does not perform miracles, increases all attributes, but not in a stratospheric way, so there should not be much difference.

As here I am considering an average between the Base and the DT, Dante remains weaker than Mundus and Sparda, perhaps at the same level using the DT, but is uncertain

Mundus

Probably the most iconic villain in the series

There's not much to talk about him, only we know he must be above Abigail and below Sparda, so this is the most suitable place for him

Sparda

Defeated Mundus in the past, making him stronger than TAS Dante, Abigail and...well, Mundus.

He does have a good amount of Hax scalling to his Son, but there's 3 characters ranked here, and he's the weakest

Sparda DT Dante

DMC1 Dante + Sparda = Sparda DT Dante, a little stronger than his father

The Savior

Many characters in the series tried to acquire the powers of the Legendary Dark Knight, but they all had something missing.

Vergil did not possess the two amulets, so he had no Sparda Sword, only his sleeping form: Force Edge, which does not have the powers of his father altogether, poor Vergil

Arkham, on the other hand, did not have the blood of Sparda, and therefore could not access all his power.

So we had Dante, who possessed both amulets, Sparda's blood and Force Edge, result? Sparda's power

The other who fulfilled all these requirements was the Savior, who captured Nero (Spara's blood) and had the Sparda Sword (Force Edge + 2 Amulets)

And who fought The savior in Base Form ?

DMC4 Dante

Here I am considering only his base form, since it was not shown that he would have needed the DT to confront The Savior

To finish, Dante did not take seriously any time in DMC4

Argosax

Many people forget, but Sparda only managed to seal Argosax because he had help from a clan of hunters, this already serves to put Argosax above Sparda and consequently, above DMC4 Dante (taking into consideration only his base form), this demon would be the Number 1, if there were no demon boy...

DMC2 Dante

Oh my god

At the time of DMC2, Dante was already the Saitama of his universe

Even in his base form, Dante was able to easily beat Argosax, a more powerful demon than Sparda, who is more powerful than Mundus, who is more powerful than Abigail

Oh, and without DT

And we're not even going to mention Majin Form, we've had enough, right?

So, that's it guys, now I want to know your opinion, what is your top 10 DMC characters ?

@UMR, please, Arkham with Sparda's powers is CLEARLY better than all of those ladies combined.

Let's make a profile for Statue Goddess and make her Low 2-C OvO

And I'm still salty about Nero being at 9th place :s

Do you think he should be on a higher position ? Do you think he's stronger than DMC1 Dante ?

I can change my mind, bro, or you can post your top 10, I would like to see it :)

Nero has no resistance to Dante's time slow, or fighting two of Dante at once :^)

Vergil is just a beast

Nero has ap advantage

Dante and Vergil had to work together to beat arkham he only had the force edge which means so he wasn't getting any of sparda's real power

Nero was able to beat Sanctus by himself while sanctus didn't get any of sparda's true power he still had the real sparda sword which would put him above arkham

And unlike Dante Nero doesn't mess around even with people weaker then him he goes straight for the kill

AP advantage won't really matter when time is slowed and Nero is getting troll spinned and butchered. DMC4 Dante is pretty much DMC 3 Dante in an adult body, who still trolled Nero for the entirety of the game.

Bolverk from DMC2 needs a profile and should be on this list, he was said to be the Rival of Sparda and fought with him in the past, he is likely the only one next to Argosax that gave Dante a good fight.

It was stated that they are close in power ?

I can tell you "Baul was a powerful Demon who fought against The Devil Hunter Dante in the past"

It's true, but we know that Dante stomps Baul, maybe it's the case of Bolverk and Sparda

The only thing about him is the fact that he was able to survive a battle with Sparda and the first battle with Dante, while a lot of other demons were destroyed by them [not knowing Sparda, but this Dante is after DMC4, who did not spared any boss in his way].

Back