• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Discussion thread for both manga and anime fans regarding anything about the "Tomodachi Game" series.​
d2280990a50b7a201392d2a0cd7b2cff.jpe

Description:​

Katagiri Yuichi believes that friends are more important than money, but he also knows the hardships of not having enough funds. He works hard to save up in order to go on the high school trip, because he has promised his four best friends that they will all go together. However, after the class's money is all collected, it is stolen! Suspicion falls on two of Yuichi's friends, Sawaragi Shiho and Shibe Makoto.
Soon afterward, the five of them are kidnapped, and wake up in a strange room with a character from a short-lived anime. Apparently, one of them has entered them into a "friendship game" in order to take care of their massive debt. But who was it, and why did they have such a debt? Could they have stolen the money from class to pay for entry into the game? Katagiri and his best friends will have to succeed in psychological games that will test or destroy their faith in one another.

To start this, I would put my thoughts for Chapter 123,

(heavy spoilers ahead)
So, it is confirmed that Shibe's father is the Tomodachi Game boss, and his only goal was to see what Yuuichi would choose between money and friends, and as we all know, till this point, Yuuichi chose money, so the boss was entertained and Yuuichi also became the game's "absolute leader", and his victory has been confirmed in the final game (at least that's what has been shown till now).

Now, there are many ways in which the story can go from this point, but I want a good ending (at least hoping for one). And I really hope for Shiho (the only mentally stable participant in the game so far) to stick with Yuuichi, we know she likes him as well. The reason for that is because Shiho indirectly symbolizes "justice" in the series, so it would make sense for her to dislike Yuuichi's ways, but so far, we have seen her not believing the fact that Yuuichi is that evil. Basically, Yuuichi had put the fake demeanor of being a kind guy, and that deceived her.

If Shiho finally snaps, and actually starts to dislike Yuuichi's ways (which is like 80% in the progress already), it is likely for her to try to improve Yuuichi. As we know, Yuuichi doesn't know emotions like love, or hasn't experience it till now at the least, so if they actually go the romance route, where they give Yuuichi a development in the noble direction, I believe it would make a good and consistent with the writing ending for the series.

And of course, I read this potential ending on Reddit, while I don't remember all of them, this one was the one which I liked as a potential ending the most.

About deduction, I think his best deduction feat is still him deducing Tenji's intention in the first round itself.
That feat has flaws because people can write as many kageuchi as they want while Yuui has no way to examine whether they cheat that way or not. His feat of deducing who final boss is on the other hand is quite perfect and more reasonable IMO.
About WMI, boy is still a Kei (because "he's a genius") victim. 😭
Well true but at least now ppl will not underrate Yuui's IQ, as far as I know most of Yuui's scalers will care just his EQ feats only 🗿 .

That feat has flaws because people can write as many kageuchi as they want while Yuui has no way to examine whether they cheat that way or not. His feat of deducing who final boss is on the other hand is quite perfect and more reasonable IMO.
So, that means Tenji could have played "all bets" way earlier and won the game lmao.
Well true but at least now ppl will not underrate Yuui's IQ, as far as I know most of Yuui's scalers will care just his EQ feats only 🗿 .
I believe he still has to show many insane things to actually be on the "above average" mark which his IQ possesses, but his EQ is definitely too good. 💀

I think one of biggest feat Yuichi has was to manipulate Satone, who is basically a born genius psychologists capable of reading people's like book. She could also tell that kokorogi is 2nd traitor in group. I dunno how yuichi pulled off fooling her.
5eNnLnF.jpeg

I think one of biggest feat Yuichi has was to manipulate Satone, who is basically a born genius psychologists capable of reading people's like book. She could also tell that kokorogi is 2nd traitor in group. I dunno how yuichi pulled off fooling her.
5eNnLnF.jpeg
Yeah. Plot twist here was a crazy.

I'm caught up to the latest chapter. By the way, writing-wise, the manga is a 9/10 for me.

My personal opinion on the characters is like this: They are pretty well-written, all of them, but this is just how I see them.
  • Yuichi - GOAT
  • Kei - Another GOAT
  • Touka 2.0 - GOAT
  • Tenji & Satone - Great characters
  • Shinji - W character
  • Gaku - W character
  • Maria & Tama - They take L's in the series, but they are W characters for me.
  • Shibe - L
  • Shiho - L
  • Yutori - L
  • Shibe Dad - Just like his son, L

I'm caught up to the latest chapter. By the way, writing-wise, the manga is a 9/10 for me.

My personal opinion on the characters is like this: They are pretty well-written, all of them, but this is just how I see them.

• Yuichi - GOAT
  • Kei - Another GOAT
  • Touka 2.0 - GOAT
  • Tenji & Satone - Great characters
  • Shinji - W character
  • Gaku - W character
  • Maria & Tama - They take L's in the series, but they are W characters for me.
  • Shibe - L
  • Shiho - L
  • Yutori - L
  • Shibe Dad - Just like his son, L
Where is kokorogi.

I actually like Shiho's writing given how she chooses to trust in Yuuichi many times despite him destroying her beliefs constantly 🗿 . Although Shiho likes Yuuichi, she is not the kind of person who blindly disagrees with whatever others tell bad things about him, instead keeps seeking the true answer as to whether he is actually that bad or not. In this scene, we can even see how she tries to think of legitimate a reason to justify him. Her love for Yuuichi is just so real.

Shibe's dad writing is not bad either since his parallel to Yuuichi is good. He becomes the one running everything in the Tomodachi Game as a result of the sins Yuuichi did in the past, so Yuuichi must face his dirty past and overcome them. This is quite ironic because he is trying to become a better person and let go of his past, but the person he hurt in the past chooses revenge in the same way that Yuuichi has done to him, that is Tomodachi Game. Plus making others suffer to choose between money and friends is literally similar to him in the past, so that makes him feel less guilty for losing the most important thing in life (since others will experience the same thing too).

His son on the contrary is lame as hell. Dude almost gives up on simping Shiho literally because she went a plastic surgery, which is a dumb reason to not like someone, yet later he almost rapes her 💀.

Design-wise Maria decimates everyone btw.

IMG_7026.jpg

I actually like Shiho's writing given how she chooses to trust in Yuuichi many times despite him destroying her beliefs constantly 🗿 . Although Shiho likes Yuuichi, she is not the kind of person who blindly disagrees with whatever others tell bad things about him, instead keeps seeking the true answer as to whether he is actually that bad or not. In this scene, we can even see how she tries to think of legitimate a reason to justify him. Her love for Yuuichi is just so real.

Shibe's dad writing is not bad either since his parallel to Yuuichi is good. He becomes the one running everything in the Tomodachi Game as a result of the sins Yuuichi did in the past, so Yuuichi must face his dirty past and overcome them. This is quite ironic because he is trying to become a better person and let go of his past, but the person he hurt in the past chooses revenge in the same way that Yuuichi has done to him, that is Tomodachi Game. Plus making others suffer to choose between money and friends is literally similar to him in the past, so that makes him feel less guilty for losing the most important thing in life (since others will experience the same thing too).

His son on the contrary is lame as hell. Dude almost gives up on simping Shiho literally because she went a plastic surgery, which is a dumb reason to not like someone, yet later he almost rapes her 💀.

IMG_7026.jpg
Shiho's gotta be the second Mikasa for destroying her love just because they bad, and then we get revealed to how Yuuichi planned his own death. Prediction 100, Story 100. 🗣️

I hated this scene. I mean, why did Shiho try to give up there? Even though Shibe was depressed, this was dumb. Especially her eyes being on Yuichi. Giving herself up to Shibe was really dumb, not gonna lie.

As for the writting she is well written character I agree with that. Especially third game we get to see more of her thoughts and character POV.

IMG_7026.jpg
W

That'd be crazy lmao. King stays winning till death 👑
fr, it has become usual for me. Every time an author shows his main character becoming evil, they either are good and have planned their own death, or they die by some character who is really close to them, oftenmaking them good on their stead (or probably both lol)

(might potentially spoil about some popular works) examples would be AOT, Code Geass, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop. Reverend Insanity, etc (only including popular ones)

fr, it has become usual for me. Every time an author shows his main character becoming evil, they either are good and have planned their own death, or they die by some character who is really close to them, oftenmaking them good on their stead (or probably both lol)

(might potentially spoil about some popular works) examples would be AOT, Code Geass, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop. Reverend Insanity, etc (only including popular ones)
Yuuichi is evil from the beginning rather than becoming evil so he will be fine 🐸

Tho, I think shibe dad is trying to manp yuichi friends since no one knows the truth but yuichi and yuichi won't reveal it.
Yea, I also hope that there should be more reasons for Yuuichi to kill his mother rather than simply due to being selfish. But in case it's the only reason then he is a straight-up psychopath lol, the morality of a normal human probably can't apply to him, like the motivation for him to kill someone he loves is just too simple🗿.

Last edited:
i thought this was a tomodachi life discussion thread, i've never been more disappointed in my life ngl
Now when you are here, let me ask you a question.

In a tight situation where your choice matters a lot, which one would you choose, MONEY OR FRIENDS? ( :devilish: 💀)

Last edited:
Back