• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will just say that lightning scaling seems blatant so that's acceptable, but I'll hold off on agreeing with the AP scaling since it still seems up in the air as to whether characters scale to their Boundaries.

@LephyrTheRevanchist If you could come back and help to finish verifying this information, I would appreciate it.
I was waiting for more staff myself lol

This is why I asked for elaboration on the UES of the verse.
I got ya, UES arguments incoming !

The main source of power in the series is indeed, spiritual energy, which people draw upon in the series to utilize their power. Sometimes called spiritual power or energy—all spiritually endowed beings use it. Exorcists channel their spirit energy as a medium through their weapons or, in Tiara’s case, purely summons lightning. This also isn’t inherently a Minamoto only thing, as Hanako is shown to activate the broken end of the staff in its unsealed state—ready to attack Kou with it, up until his tsueshiro is disabled, which, being another term for yorishiro, is the battery in which one’s spiritual power is in.

In addition this, heightened supernatural power allows higher physical prowess. This is shown with several instances in the series, such as the existence of Yorishiros being the main thing— but the first other most notable example is Akane. Teru explains that when Akane wears his spiritual glasses, his supernatural power lowers to such a degree that he cannot perceive ghosts, or spiritual phenomena. As well as is susceptible to spells.

And vice versa, when the glasses are removed, he is physically capable of gaining enough strength and speed to hurt and react supernatural beings, and only increasing his physicals more in clockkeeper form, more notably his durability, as he is able to survive being impaled.

Another example is Hanako’s transformed state, which directly is linked to his orbs, which are his tsueshiro (Refer to first section for how its connected to spirit energy.) Hanako is capable of fighting Teru and consistently reacting to his attacks, as well as dodging—if narrowly. In this state, he is capable of majorly blitzing Kou many times at the start of and throughout the series—as well as being relative, if not superior to him in base.

There’s also Hanako being able to contend with Mitsuba after gaining the power of the third wonder. Which Hanako even noted Mitsuba is “surprisingly quick”, meaning consuming the Third Wonder amplified his stats. As well as in his own boundary as the true Third Wonder— specifically when transformed, and while inexperienced, Mitsuba should still be at full power—mostly stronger than others since he’s empowered by a Yorishiro. These feats are even more shown as Hanako is capable of blitzing Mitsuba and getting behind him.

There’s a lot more in the series that shows this, and some author statements which implies it more—such as an unsealed Hanako being able to potentially destroy the world (i’ll find that later if you want)

However, the general basis of these abilities are contingent on one’s spiritual energy/power.

EDIT: I just remembered this scan too, a verbatim spiritual energy/power statement
What are your thoughts on this?

I believe the general explanation for spiritual energy being a UES makes sense here, even noting the arguments later on about certain points within this post.

I believe the general explanation for spiritual energy being a UES makes sense here, even noting the arguments later on about certain points within this post.
So you would agree the creation feats would scale to their AP?

For me, I'm not entirely sure. While the verse thus show a UES, I don't see among those scans the reason we would scale the creation feats. Though I probably missed it, I'm rushing a couple things while doing stuff irl

So you would agree the creation feats would scale to their AP?

For me, I'm not entirely sure. While the verse thus show a UES, I don't see among those scans the reason we would scale the creation feats. Though I probably missed it, I'm rushing a couple things while doing stuff irl
Many reasons, but the most main one is this:

As I explained earlier, Yorishiros are batteries for a character's spiritual energy and their overall power. At the level of a Wonder, If the seal is removed on a Yorishiro, the object is destroyed—which leads to nearly everything created in the boundary being destroyed, including the planets, stars, etc that were created—and being weakened severely. The only thing that remains is the space within it, and in Yako’s case, just a simple staircase which leads to portals.

(The scans should be linked in my main post, and if not, i’ll link em here in an edit)

And just so I'm understanding correctly, the current upgrade attempt is to scale the power levels of those who can create these spaces directly to their AP and those who can directly combat them in general? Due to this power being tied directly to their "spiritual power batteries"?

Sigh.

This is a fairly big jump in power, which I tend to be a bit apprehensive about. However, the canon and the explanation behind it does seem to line up well enough. So...fine, I'll accept it. At least the 4-A scaling is absolute, which I'm thankful for, so I suppose it isn't the worst thing imaginable. Forgive my hesitation regardless, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back