• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toei Spider-Man Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
This is probably the last revision thread I'll ever make. The Toei Cosmology revision might actually end up bumping up his rating to a pretty insane level, but I'm doing this anyways since that could take awhile and currently, his stats are massive downplay

Right now, Takuya (Spider-Man) is 9-B, which is an INSANE lowball, especially given the guy has a 9-A+ feat in his first damn episode. However, his second episode has a much more impressive feat that we should be focusing on for scaling

So for some background for this feat, Garia endures an explosion that creates a MASSIVE hole in the ground. For those of you who don't know, Garia is where Takuya gets his powers from. Anything Garia can do, Takuya can, because he becomes Spider-Man via receiving Garia's blood. This applies to certain abilities to, such as Takuya's ability to adapt to certain poisons. Anyhow, given the hole created by the explosion, this (approved) calc puts Spider-Man at Large Town level. Takuya often harms and defeats regular sized Machine BEMs who can harm him (such as Mushiba Alligator), so this scales to his AP, obviously

Of course, this has a significant impact on Leopardon, Takuya's mech. Right now its at 8-B with a feat that hasn't been calculated and...might not even be 8-B, so yeah, not a great example. However, scaling for Leopardon is simple. In plenty of episodes, Machine BEMs will grow to kaiju level sizes and are portrayed as too powerful for Takuya to take on by himself. Leopardon however, can take on/harm/take hits from Giant Machine BEMs. Along with that, Sword Vigor (Leopardon's strongest attack) one-shots Giant Machine BEMs. Needless to say...we just upscale from Takuya here

So how will this look?

I suggest the following:

Key: Spider-Man | Leopardon

Attack Potency: Large Town level
(Has fought, harmed, and overwhelmed those who can harm him, such as Mushiba Alligator, Wrestler Fighter, and Great Choujin Fighter) | At least Large Town level, likely higher (Capable of damaging Giant Machine BEMs, who are far too powerful for Spider-Man to take on normally), far higher with Sword Vigor (Consistently one-shots Giant Machine BEMs)

Durability: Large Town level (Was granted the same abilities as Garia, who could withstand an explosion that split up a massive portion of the ground) | At least Large Town level, likely higher (Commonly endures attacks from Giant Machine BEMs)

One more thing. We have a calc for Leopardon's flight speed in space. So with that said, we can add this to Leopardon's key:

"Massively FTL+ flight speed in space (Travelled to Earth from 45 million light-years away in a short duration)"

I wish I could add more (abilities, LS, etc.), but like I said, I don't plan to make any more revision threads and I at least wanted to get this covered, so...that's pretty much it

Thoughts?

Agree: 5 (Propellus, GrayCraft_Dragon, Gonzalo, DimeUhDozen, Sir_Ovens)

Disagree: 0

Neutral: 0

Last edited:
I was not expecting to see Takuya to be around Tier 7 in base at all, but I'll take it. It looks fine

I remember takuya appear in spider verse comic. Will anyone scale to him?
No, they won't. The wiki is already very strict about the Spider-Verse comic scaling (for good reasons too). Plus, as the recent Toei Tokusatsu revision has gone over, the Takuya that appears in his original series and V3 crossover will be scaled separately from the Takuya we see in the Spider-Verse comics. Which is fitting, since the Spider-Verse comic even portrays guys like Raimi Spidey and TASM Spidey separately from their cinematic counterparts

Even if you wanna consider how the Spider-Verse films seem to recontextualize a ton of Marvel cosmology, it is without a doubt separated from the Toei Tokusatsu cosmology

What's with Toei and giving their characters insane feats
First time?

I applied the changes since the thread past 48 hours from when it was made and had the approval of two staff members

This can be closed now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back