• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ToAru's fighting Skill, Versatility and Experience tier

After reading the most skilled thread, i thought who could be the character with most skill in Toaru.

EX (best of the best) Tier: Aleister, Acqua, Magic Gods, Knight Leader, Accel

S (top fighters) Tier: Kanzaki, Silvia, Brunhild, Carissa, Coronzon

A ( high level fighters)Tier: Mathers, Mikoto, Kazakiri

B (good fight knowledge) Tier: Kuroko, Junko, Tsuchimikado, Touma, Hamazura, Itsuwa, Thor

C (some fight knowledge) Tier: Gunha, Kakine, Mugino

D (normal people and no/primitive mind) Tier: AIM Burst, L6S, Gabriel, normal people.

Anything that is useful in combat counts, but not hax.

Please note the characters aren't listed in any specific order.

I will put Gunha in C. Accel has good feats (his fight with kakine), but i think i need to add a note saying what counts as skill or not.

Mikoto can fight with people touma can't (Brunhild) and has self-defense skills, and she is smarter than both Touma and Gunha.

Are you talking fighting skill without any powers involved, like how they do in a physical fight or how they fight with their powers?

wait, Touma better than Misaka in term how he use his power. He able turns IB canceling speed to burst his movement (ww3 arc), can beat 3 level upper esper, & Not mention he protects Misaki when they surrounded by Deadlock. Also Touma fights a lot of esper & magicians throughtout the series so he had more experience than misaka.

Misaka in other hand lack experience on combat so she should be D tier. And why I saw AIM etc on D tier? They not even normal human.

Lastly, did you forgot that Touma fight Kanzaki & Stiyl with his dragon scale & also Gunha fight Level 6 shift Misaka?

This tier is sooooo Wrong

XDragnoir said:
Mikoto can fight with people touma can't (Brunhild) and has self-defense skills, and she is smarter than both Touma and Gunha.
that's not skill, it's just her power

and misaka actually is not very creative and stick to proven things, look at the HP fight

D tier says clearly "normal people and no/primitive mind beings". Mikoto fighting with someone that completely blitz and one shots her with easy is a GOOD skill feat. I know Touma has his feats, but most of time IB nulls the attacks and Touma punches the 10B enemy, which aren't really impressive, and IB isn't even allowed because it is hax.

U are confunding SKILL with power, skill is when given the same set of resource one can use it better

For example: if I have 2 people 100 dollar and said invest them and come with more, if one brings 150 and the other 200, I can say the one with 200 is more skilled

If I give isntead 1 100 and the other 150 I can't say the other is more skilled

Then it will not applied to Misaka as well. She is not verstile enough to fight magicians also she had problem against Touma as well (if you dont count machine manipulation ofc).

This tier should be called what ability that more versitile than others, not skill tier. Skill tier is more like how good people use their ability outside its common trait which is that most Touma does. Misaka indeed skilled with her ability, but its because her ability has a lot of potential. I will argue since Hamazura is not on the list despite he has a lot of fightning experience, able drive & steals car, use firearms, also able beat 2 equ dark matter despite he is level 0 without any supranatural power (like touma or tsuchimikado had).

Touma will be tier B then, and Hamazura isn't on the list because nearly no one is on the list, and i will put him in B tier as well. What should be Accel's tier?

Malox1696 said:
that's not skill, it's just her power

and misaka actually is not very creative and stick to proven things, look at the HP fight
If you go beyond her railgun, Misaka is very creative especially with iron sand and hacking feats against opponents in her manga. HP is a Magic God, not a good example even Touma was rather restricted in that fight, even with "intel".

Tbf skill is defined too broadly in this thread.

Can we include aleister as well? His skills including mastering modern magic & modern science (making AI that based on grimoire, making bomb from materials on market, also making esper system based on magic world theory). But yea, his hand to hand fight isnt that impressive. I wonder how good he is

Malox1696 said:
U are confunding SKILL with power, skill is when given the same set of resource one can use it better

For example: if I have 2 people 100 dollar and said invest them and come with more, if one brings 150 and the other 200, I can say the one with 200 is more skilled

If I give isntead 1 100 and the other 150 I can't say the other is more skilled
With this description, i'm sure Mikoto is better than Touma. The only thing Touma has and Mikoto doesn't is IB, and i think we all know how IB is useless in non-supernatural battles.

So i should allow Mikoto to use IB and Touma to use Electromaster? This doesn't makes sense.

Misaka has shown she has plenty of skill with her power when the plot doesn't limit her or she's not against characters way out of her league like HP. Both Touma and Misaka also both have different skill sets to each other, with Misaka being more versatile due to the nature of her power.

Xdragnoir

You asked about Accelerator, I will give my personal answer. I think due to the nature of his powers and the fact that he's a genius plus the experience he has would make him very skilled in combat situations. He's also very good at learning new skills when in combat situations as well, like in OT3 when he learned he could manipulate air and then made the plasma ball.

Imo I think all three of Touma, Misaka and Accelerator would all be quite high where it comes to skill, versaility and experience,

Accel has his fight with the Hound Dogs in his side as well. Aleister and Acqua should have both EX tier right? They are the best of the best in the verse, i think. I'm unsure if MGs should be added, they do have mastery over all types of Magic, but idk.

>thor above touma

>when the novel metion they have simmilar skill

at this point this i just

i like this character let's put him here, this character has more power let's put him higher

Dragnoir

Personally I would leave Magic Gods out, at least when they have thier full power anyway. They don't really need skill in combat since they can easily win most of the time by pure power, unless it's against each other.

Magic Gods as they are now are fine though since they was massively depowered and have to rely more on their combat skills than they did before. I would say they would be very high tier though.

Malox1696 said:
>thor above touma
>when the novel metion they have simmilar skill

at this point this i just

i like this character let's put him here, this character has more power let's put him higher
I will put him in B tier then, fine? I don't even like Thor.

I didn't read AB, but did she have any good skill feat? You know, not even Mikoto is A tier.

H2H? Yes she is, but in everything else Mikoto is better, her fight with Brunhild is proof of this, she also has versatility with iron sand and electromagnetism in general.

Kakine don't has much versatility in base (25K is a good number, but they do nothing, this feat is better to Accel than it is to Kakine) and Revival is more hax, but i think he can be in B tier with B05.

Back