• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Toaru] Othinus tiering revisions

hi
Three things should be done regarding Othinus' tiering:
  1. Remove the word "likely" from her first key's High 1-C rating.
  2. Stop scaling her reality warping to her physicals. (Downgrade her 2nd key physicals from High 1-C to Planet level)
  3. Remove the unknown tiering and likely conditional in her first key's durability.
It's not likely that she has that power; she just straight up always did. The caveat is that every action she performs only has a 50% chance of succeeding and failing and taking a form of backlash. Every supporter already knows and agrees she doesn't get any stronger with Gungnir; all it does is unify her possibilities that previously restricted her. In her 50/50 state, she explicitly has the power to either destroy the world or lose to a child:
“Infinite possibilities sounds good, but that gives you both the possibility of success and
the possibility of failure. I suppose it’s something like matter and antimatter. For
everything, you must hold the possibility for success and the possibility for failure. No
matter how much power you gather, you have a 50/50 chance. If you think of it like
Russian roulette, it’s like taking a shot with three bullets loaded. Let’s be honest, Othinus.
While you possess the power to destroy the world, you also have a fifty percent chance
of losing to a child in a game of rock-paper-scissors.
It’s almost a miracle that Kamijou
Touma has lost twice. His misfortune must really be something. But given this condition,
you cannot just wield your full power at random. You want to find a way to control those
possibilities. Wanting to increase your possibilities for victory is natural, but when your
possibilities for failure increase too, you need to find some way of dealing with that. 50/50
is the most troublesome of all.”

-Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 4 Profound Destruction
Her new justification would go from this:
to this:

It's funny that her range isn't stated as being "likely" High 1-C. It's just flat out already concluded to be as such.

Goal 2: Since there's no difference between the amount of power she can wield whether she has Gungnir or not, her tiering should not be at all different between the first two keys. Either she is physically High 1-C in both or Planet level in both, with the only difference being her weakness that she can only succeed 50% of the time in her first key. Planet level would be consistent with Nephthys' 3rd key which currently has High 1-C reality warping with planet level physicals and Alice is soon™ to be revised in the same exact way. Planet level Ollerus and Fiamma were also used in the story to threaten/oppose Othinus (although they were unsuccessful).

Goal 3: Her durability is comparable to her Attack Potency that physically crushed Touma's 5-B Invisible Thing which attacked and tried to harm her. [Feat shown here.] There's no need for an unknown and likely rating. Pretty straightforward imo. Also remove the "immortality and regen makes her difficult to kill" part. It's unnecessary and it being listed at the top of the P&A already clears that up.

Sandbox

Last edited:
I am nearly 100% sure we're supposed to keep the number of CRTs ongoing for each verse limited to 3, while this one is probably the fifth (just Alice has 2 ongoing CRTs).

I am nearly 100% sure we're supposed to keep the number of CRTs ongoing for each verse limited to 3, while this one is probably the fifth (just Alice has 2 ongoing CRTs).
I'm letting my Alice one die. I'll request a lock on it if necessary.

None of the CRTs have any traction so they're not clogging anything

Back