• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[ Toaru ] Minor Immortality additions

All Golden Dawn members should have an Immortality type 8 on their profile as they will not die as long as they are connected to the leylines.
Unlike humans, such beings could not refine magic power using their own life force, but they accomplished something similar by absorbing power from the ley lines running through the earth.
In other words, even a fake could use magic.
“It was not that you acquired a quasi-immortality spell like Westcott’s.”
Aleister’s lips definitely twisted upwards.
She had discovered that Cinderella’s dress was made by the fairy godmother, but there was another way of looking at that. She seemed to be mocking the filthy identity hidden below the dress.
“Original grimoires have always been considered indestructible. Isn’t that right, Mathers?”

- NT21, chapter 2, part 7

They should also have an Inorganic Physiology type 1, because their bodies are already different from normal humans.
Thinking back, why had Mathers bothered to create a wall of water to redirect Kamjiou Touma’s fist back in the Westminster Abbey graveyard? Even though he had made a point of taking Accelerator’s deadly reflection straight to the face immediately afterwards?
And on that note, why had Academy City’s #1’s special attack – the one that destroyed all the blood vessels and nerves in the target’s body – failed to work on him?
The answer was simple. An original grimoire would never want to come in contact with Imagine Breaker. And since he was technically not human, it was no surprise his circulation of blood and bioelectricity differed from a normal person. So even if Accelerator was the best the science side had to offer, it was only natural his calculations had not fit.

- NT21, chapter 2, part 7

Because Aleister can kill all of them, so Aleister should has an Immortality type 8 negation.
The countdown was complete.
The sinner had ascended.
To reiterate, the number of apparent injuries was irrelevant.
Inundating that space with energy would obstruct the transfer of power from the ley lines to the grimoire. That would cause the temporary human form and mind to scatter and erase his existence as an individual.
So to someone who had tried to judge the progress of the battle by physical damage, the ending arrived quickly, suddenly, and without warning.
But to someone who was looking at the bigger picture by focusing on the total energy in the world, this result may have been the end of a dizzyingly long journey. Just like stacking up small stones to ultimately build a giant tower, that magical battle may have required incredible effort and precise balance.
Looking back, Magician Aleister Crowley had indeed been someone who took a larger viewpoint in order to prevent the recoil of her magic from hitting a complete stranger.
“…”
Aleister had transformed into a mass of pure white light and Mathers could only smolder as he had no countermeasure for this.
So in that final moment, the Golden leader only stared at the approaching white light.
The Mathers here was an original grimoire created from tarot cards. The other Golden members were the same. That was why his goal had been to outdo Coronzon to free them all.

- NT21, chapter 4, part 3
That white light burst through even the atmosphere and scorched the darkness of outer space.
Even if it could not destroy the original grimoire itself, inundating the surrounding space with energy would cut off the power supply from the earth.
So at the very least, he could no longer maintain his human form.

-NT21, chapter 4, part 4

I don't know why it's not on his profile, but Aleister should has Immortality type 6 because he can come back to life by possessing his spare body in the parallel world/Crowley's Hazard, and he can come back to life by possessing Coronzon's body.
He heard a voice like a small bell.
“Do not swing your right hand at random. Destroy the broom now and I will have trouble ensuring either of our lives.”
“…Wha-?”
The voice was not at all similar.
This one definitely belonged to a girl of middle or high school age.
“The city’s core functions have been taken, but your Imagine Breaker and the #1 Accelerator are needed to contact Aiwass’s core. We will also receive backup from Aneri, the version of the Reading Thoth 78, aka Mina Mathers, which I had spread throughout the city after lowering it to a consumer level. Lola…no, Coronzon seems to think she has reached checkmate, but there are plenty of holes in her encirclement.”
However, a completely different name appeared in the back of Kamijou Touma’s mind.
Yes, the name of that magician.
“Allow me to introduce myself again.”
The girl smiled.
And that nemesis spoke like they were old acquaintances.
“I am Aleister Crowley. Or, one of his many possibilities.”

- NT18, epilogue
But then…
Her hand moved. …What was supposedly her hand moved against her own will. It reached up onto a broken piece of white land similar to drift ice and then she climbed on top of it. That allowed her to breathe again, but she could not relax yet. The rhythm of breathing, of blinking, and of everything else was all wrong. Even the beating of her heart felt off.
Instead of someone else moving her body from the outside, this uncomfortable feeling was more like she was intruding on someone else’s body.
“Hm.”
“…!?”
“I really did intend to die when I died, yet here I am. For better or for worse, I fail at everything I attempt. But his could be a problem. Can I really just waltz on back there after all that?”
The vocal cords were those of the flesh and blood that Coronzon had prepared, so the voice was hers. But the subtle intonation was entirely different. And she recognized this voice. The disgust she felt was like a swarm of small bugs crawling along the fingertips she could no longer move.
“A…lei…ster…?”
“Oh? You can still resist? But this is my flesh and blood now. …Although I was starting to grow sick of having a female body. Well, I can live with this since I know you are not actually Lola. I will be using this as a temporary body that only has to last me until I can acquire a better one, so bear that in mind.”
“…Ah.”

- NT22, afterword

Conclusion: All members of Golden Dawn should have an Immortality type 8 and Inorganic Physiology type 1.
And Aleister should has an Immortality type 8 negation and Immortality type 6.

Nah, they shouldn't have type 8, but High Regeneration like Mathers. It's not like they leylines will restore them regardless how damaged. It's that they have regeneration capacities powered by leylines. They have regular high-level regeneration, with the weakness that it can be stopped should they be disconnected from the power source.

Not sure about inorganic physiology. They don't have human physiology, being original grimoires, but I'm not sure what exactly their body is made from and whether it's inorganic. It's not like magic couldn't have produced flesh...

Aleister killed them by severing them from the leylines. That's making use of a weakness, not power nullification.

Eh, I think Aleister's Crowley Hazards thing works better than type 6 Immortality. I don't think his original self possesses a new body. I think one of his alternate selfs just becomes the new main Aleister. (hence soul/mind attacks on the main body wouldn't perma-kill him) Hive Mind type 2 might describe it better....
What the Coronzon thing is concerned... yes, that would maybe qualify as Type 6, buuuuuuut... that was basically a miracle beyond Aleister's control. Don't think we can actually sell that as a power he can use in any key.

Nah, they shouldn't have type 8, but High Regeneration like Mathers. It's not like they leylines will restore them regardless how damaged. It's that they have regeneration capacities powered by leylines. They have regular high-level regeneration, with the weakness that it can be stopped should they be disconnected from the power source.
Would Mina qualify as well?
Not sure about inorganic physiology. They don't have human physiology, being original grimoires, but I'm not sure what exactly their body is made from and whether it's inorganic. It's not like magic couldn't have produced flesh...
Yeah I'm going against one of my prior CRT's about Mina's Inorganic Physiology since I found quotes that corroborate what you said. They are definitely still made of organic stuff. They have organs, they're just not regular human organs.
Mina Mathers was “something shaped the same as a person”. She was actually a grimoire,
so she was not a human or even a mammal. Thus, her skeleton, muscles, and various
organs did not need to move in the normal fashion.

And that meant she could entirely ignore the upper limits of the human body which was
bound by calcium and protein.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 19 Chapter 1 Part 6
Mina still needs to eat as well, even though she tried to eat an extension cord lol. These're the calculations that outdo the #1.
Most importantly, she also refers to her body as biological.
A time of trial had arrived for Black Cat Witch Mina Mathers.

“...I’m so hungry.”

Yes, this was no time to be celebrating the newfound freedom of a physical body after
being released from the bonds of a processing device. She honestly thought her current
version was less energy efficient. Academy City’s #1 had gone off somewhere while her
vision blurred. Mina honestly wished she could have gotten more out of him.

“Sigh...”

The big city had seemed like it never slept, but there were actually few stores that stayed
open late into the night. The cat ears and tail sticking out from her mourning clothes had
wilted and she had been drawn to a brightly-lit convenience store, just like bugs gathering
around a light. The miniskirt Santas and snowmen had gone home, so a lonely
atmosphere surrounded the store.

But she did not enter the store and instead let her back slide down the glass window until
she was sitting on the ground. Yes, it was the fluorescent lights themselves and not the
shelves of food that had stimulated her hunger. She pulled out an extension cord used to
power the electric sign placed out on the sidewalk and she stuck the plug into her mouth,
but it did not work very well. All she got was a weird flavor.

Once her eyes started spinning behind her veil, the black cat witch realized something was
wrong.

(This is only one hundred volts and fifteen amps... Does it need to be an industrial-level
power source? Or would a train’s high-voltage line work? No, I feel like I’m looking at this
all wrong. Oh, right. Biological bodies use fat and carbohydrates as a power source, don’t
they
?)

[...]

She was feeling a little loopy after experiencing hunger for the first time, so please go easy
on her.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 19 Chapter 2 Part 10
Wouldn't Samuel Mathers qualify for the same Immunity to Lifeforce destruction that Mina should?

Yeah, tbh I'm not sure about this either.

What the Coronzon thing is concerned... yes, that would maybe qualify as Type 6, buuuuuuut... that was basically a miracle beyond Aleister's control. Don't think we can actually sell that as a power he can use in any key.
It would be better if it was Limited Immortality type 6.

Back