• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

toaru magic god revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
only a simple one.

toaru gods need law manipulation back. it was removed due to a misunderstanding of the text.

the apple quote says it would fall upwards. not float upwards . the latter is gravity manipulation and the former is law.

the act of falling is down. the acting of floating is up. for falling to result in the object travelling upwards is not mere gravity manipulation.

it seems silly in the context of the sentence aswell, as it is clearly intended to show how stupidly OP the magic gods were. including examples of math manipulation and altering the natural flow of life to one where all the dead shall live again.

this affects all magic gods.

if someone could grab the precise text that would be great. its from volume 1 of OT.

"All living creatures would eventually die, an apple dropped from above would fall down, and 1+1=2. You would be able to take those kinds of natural and unchangeable rules of the world, destroy them, rewrite them, and create new ones. You could make 1+1=3, make an apple dropped from below fall up, and make all dead creatures eventually be revived.
Magicians called such a being a magic god.
Not the god of the demon world, but a magician who had thoroughly mastered magic to the point of entering the domain of god.
A magic god."

btw magic already is law manipulation, idk why it was removed

Agreed. It's all an expression to say that To Aru MG's can do basically whatever they want and make whatever laws they want a reality. I have no idea why mathematics and gravity is on there instead of Law.

Strictly speaking this is more specifically physics manipulation, which is a subtype of law manipulation.

All the magic gods have "changing the laws of nature" listed as ability on their profiles, soooooo... the ability is listed.

DontTalkDT said:
Strictly speaking this is more specifically physics manipulation, which is a subtype of law manipulation.
All the magic gods have "changing the laws of nature" listed as ability on their profiles, soooooo... the ability is listed.
It's not physics manipulation nor about the laws of nature. It's a simile dude. You're taking the text way too literally. It's stating how they can change the laws of the world how they see fit.

Strictly speaking all of the examples are laws of nature, but I don't mind changing it to law manip provided we mention the examples we are given.

Yeah, but they're just given examples. It's not limited to that. I think the physics stuff like mathematics and gravity should be replaced by Law manipulation with the examples.

Well, it's limited to "natural and unchangeable rules like that".

Mathematics Manipulation should also be listed separately, as it is a rare and specific subtype of law manip.

It's not limited to it though. It's an expression. Being a Magic God means having control over reality. It's basically saying 'I can rewrite or destroy the rules of the world to fit my own'. But either way it should definitely be law manip regardless of the semantics of it

That's headcanon territory, as it literally states natural rules.

If the only thing magic gods could do was to alter the existing rules then I'd understand the ability being listed as just physics manipulation, but the novel also states they can both destroy existing rules and add new rules to the world, so I think Law Manipulation should also be there.

Well from our wiki pages definition for law manipulation:

Law Manipulation is the ability to control Laws, a system of rules imposed by an higher authority.

This power allows the user to control a specific law, while high-level users can rewrite, control, redefine and create almost any law they want, or even enforce their own laws upon reality.

and from the novels:

You would be able to take those kinds of natural and unchangeable rules of the world, destroy them, rewrite them, and create new ones.

Seems clearcut.

If you have reached an agreement, I can unlock the profiles, but you need to list all of the exact page titles for my automated script to be able to handle it.

I can edit it, though I need to know if there is anything I should put regarding context behind the Law manip and if I should remove the Gravity/mathematics stuff?

I do not know. Sorry.

What do the rest of you think?

I think the gravity/math stuff can stay the way it is because they are examples of applications, but we do need to put a note in parentheses beside Law Manip for context. (The same way that we explained the Law/Probability Manip for the Esper profiles or explained the Mind Manip Resistance for the Magician profiles)

Nothing, I just know that Fandom sucks on mobile. Wasn't sure if it was some sort of technical error or something. Can you at least access the edit page, or does it just refuse to publish?

Okay. Thank you for the help. I will lock the profiles again then.

What else is left to do here?

Okay. No problem. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back