• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Titan Souls Upgrade

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Fairly simple I think, Titan Souls characters should scale to the Subsonic+ speed calculation from the sequel. Here's why:

It's implied that beings with "Giant Souls", which are what you gather in DD, are inferior to "Titan Souls", as simply being the descendant of a being with a Titan Soul means your soul is so powerful enough to count as a Giant Soul, AKA immortality. While I don't think this in itself means anything with a TS is > anything with a GS, there are two Titans that seem directly related to Giant Soul bosses in DD.

The first one is Yeti, who is very strongly implied to be the ancestor in that description, which is the description of Betty's soul. The other one is Vinethesis to the Demonic Forest Spirit which requires a bit of lore diving which shows us that they seem to draw their power from the Souls they've absorbed, so it stands to reason one with a TS would be stronger than one with a GS.

So, since the DD bosses scale to Subsonic+, I think the TS protagonist should too since they have fought and beaten those two bosses, and as a result all other bosses downscale from that. This doesn't mean AP scaling since they are defeated via hax.

maybe fine to apply given verse is obscure?

Back