• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time Stop or Time Manipulation: Divinity's Time Warp

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
In Divinity, there is an attack known as Time Warp. This causes the user to gain an extra turn in addition to the one they already have. The game is turn based strategy, so I am not sure whether this would be a Time Stop or Time Manipulation.

It is currently listed as Time Stop, but I am having my doubts. What do you guys think it sounds like?

SomebodyData said:
Sounds like Game mechanics rather than time stop or manipulation.
You think, despite being called Time Warp, and manipulating how the game plays out, that it isn't a time based move at all?

Edit: And I know we don't go by name only; an attack in the game is called Supernova but I'm not pushing for Large Star across the board characters.

Being called specifically to be time-based and manipulating the turn system sounds pretty time-y to me.

Yes, what I mean is the ability may be time based, but the effect looks too heavy in game mechanics to make an accurate choice.

@Data

I see your concern. Man, usually game mechanics can lead to some good stuff... this time around it is biting my poor Godwoke in the backside. Oh well, I guess it will trim down his Powers and Abilities section a bit.

Unless someone is OK with using it despite being pretty game-mechanics-y I will remove it.

@Assalt I would just put a "possibly time stop or other time manipulating ability" and then put a note explaining the circumstances.

I have altered it to "Possibly Time Stop or Time Manipulation via Time Warp" and added a note saying "Due to the nature of Time Warp granting an extra turn, it is only "possibly" time manipulation. The attack may involve too much of the game's internal mechanics to be applicable in combat."

Does that sound well-worded?

Yeah

You sure there isn't some other source where its portrayed or some description? That would clarify the exact ability.

It was introduced in Divinity: Original Sin 2 and I don't think it is mentioned outside of the gameplay. I will continue my playthrough and get back to you once I unlock it, if it is even worth mentioning. Maybe someone will tell me "it stops time" or something when I unlock it.

Back