• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time Stop and Stomps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing changes the fact one person only can fight(not win but fight in general) anyway again don't go with that thread here.

Why not? This thread started because of that and this thread is pretty much redundant by this point.

Also, they can both fight, it's just Shana stops time before Erza breathes too hard.

I personally feel as though we should come up with exact terminology to separate Stomps and Decisive Victories, because as I've said we've got many who misuse both terms.

The only thing that will beat a hax stomp is if the character is fast enough to speed blitz them And since 70 percent of fights on here have speed equalized, it usually leans to no matter what being a mismatch or stomp.

I can't agree with that, having more hax over another person doesn't make it a stomp as it will take some difficulty for both fighters, it's if the hax advantage is enormous that we have problems

Well, the part that I thought made sense is that a match is a stomp if one of the characters is unable to win, almost no matter what it does.

To a certain extent you're right, but I feel that if a character wins off what basically amounts to a one trick pony, then it doesn't count as a stomp

Antvasima said:
Well, the part that I thought made sense is that a match is a stomp if one of the characters are unable to win, almost no matter what they do.
Same thing I was saying it doesn't matter if it's just 1 hax diffrence I mean if it's a hax that simply allows one character to fight and the other does absolutely nothing like in a time stop(withou anything to counter it) then it must be a stomp cause there is only one person that can fight.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
But, then at times people will argue that makes it decisive.
Yes, but it's not a stomp.

The big issue is that I gurantee you some matchups are considered stomps while other more one sided matchups have been added and are still up.

And hence lies our problem. We have actual Stomps regarded as Decisive Victories and actual Decisive Victories regarded as Stomps

Dragonmasterxyz said:
And hence lies our problem. We have actual Stomps regarded as Decisive Victories and actual Decisive Victories regarded as Stomps
A stomp to me is simple Anyone who is generally either have a higher tier or possesses higher stats If the character a fights someone with hax, the haxy character will win That to me is a mismatch, not a stomp.

But then again, the general thought process is the same so it doesnt matter, just my personal definition lol.

That's why these threads should either be removed or redone, but that's what matchup removal thread is for, but I feel like it would be cool to just look at any "stomps" and see if they really are stomps

''For me a stomp is simply where only one person can do actual damage whether it's 1 or 100 hax diffrence or it's a huge speed or huge AP and durabilty diffrence.''

Gargoyle One said:
That's why these threads should either be removed or redone, but that's what matchup removal thread is for, but I feel like it would be cool to just look at any "stomps" and see if they really are stomps
I can say half the vs matches that are wins on here are either outdated because characters got upgraded to make them stomps or they were stomps to begin with. Also, 7-0 votes =\= stomp match.

Gargoyle One said:
You mean like if the person can't hit the oher it's a stomp? Can't really agree.
I mean more so a character is higher in more then one category. Say higher dc and speed means a stomp imo Or higher durability and speed It is a very loose definition, heck I dont even use it often.

But it is a good way to avoid bad matchups I think

Gargoyle One said:
You mean like if the person can't hit the oher it's a stomp? Can't really agree.
Why not? I mean you can't hit nor defend nor dodge so how exactly are you not stomped? Of course considering that the other person can hurt you.

Does it not take a lot of effort to not get hit? Pretty much every Akame match would be removed if this was the case.

Also not able to hit=/=Not able to defend.

Gargoyle One said:
Does it not take a lot of effort to not get hit? Pretty much every Akame match would be removed if this was the case.

Also not able to hit=/=Not able to defend.
Alot of matchups are bad fundamentally though to be fair because of this. Is it a stomp? Not always Not even most of the time But a good chunk of the time, it is a stomp just simply because multiple higher stats.

@gargoyle I stil talk about a time stop and in a time stop you can't move nor hit nor defend so it's a stomp if you can't counter it in any possible way.

Given the sheer number of replies in a very brief time, I removed the highlight for this thread.

@Ant if you can move this to stuff discusions board only as the rest of us pretty much said what we wanted.

WilliamShadow said:
@gargoyle I stil talk about a time stop and in a time stop you can't move nor hit nor defend so it's a stomp if you can't counter it in any possible way.
I am not going to repeat what I've said multiple times over and have been told to drop by other people.

Time manipulation is time manipulation, if you can't counter it, you lose, same with every ability ever.

Every machup with time manipulation is a stomp with this logic, now drop it.

@Gargoyle since you lost patience I won't bother you or myself talking, especially on the last thing you said.

If it's not a problem someone move this to stuff discusion board and decide a definition for stomp and desicive victory if possible.

I haven't lost patience, I was getting annoyed repeating myself and quite frankly, I don't see what's wrong with it.

"In a time stop you can't move not hit or defend so it's a stomp"

These are your words, this logic can apply to not only every matchup with a time stop, but any ability that's just as bad if not worse, such as The Sentry with his broken matter manipulation.

Who said it applies to every match? I always underlined that only happens if the other person can't counter it in any possible way or do anything else to actually fight the enemie. It obviously doesn't apply if one person resist to time stop or any other hax in question so please dont use my words the way you want.

Plus again I limit my self on time manipulation how other hax are handled is something I prefer not to go into thou as I said to Lina shield for me a stomp depends on the timing and conditions in which the hax is used.

That's last from me for our discusion.

You did, because that logic applies everywhere. If a person can't counter a time stop, it's a stomp, that's what you're saying. "If the other person can't counter it in any possible way"

That's EVERY matchup, every matchup involving Hax there's always someone that doesn't have a counter to another's Hax.

"So please don't use my words the way to want"

Why not? I completely disagree when you say that not having a counter to a time stop makes a matchup a stomp, which is exactly what you're saying.

It depends, you can time stop and literally destroy your opponent, but say for example he has an ability where any damage he takes gets reflected back onto his opponent. As soon as time resumes, the time stopper and his opponent both get destroyed equally. Or if the opponent has regen beyond the time stoppers AP capabilities, it will just be a highly annoying experience. You don't necessarily need to have counter-time hax.

Just because a person has a time stop the other can't counter doesn't make it a stomp, which is the main point I'm trying to get across.

Also, Attavk Reflection wouldn't work in stopped time.

Well, it is too late to move this thread to the staff only forum, but I could create a new one that tries to summarise the more important points here, and then close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back