• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TIMBER!!!

Aragorn crashes through few trees

"Drawing his bright sword and crying Elendil! Elendil! he crashed through the trees." Dismayed the rammers let fall the trees and turned to ´¼üght; but the wall of their shields was broken as by a lightning- stroke, and they were swept away, hewn down, or cast over the Rock into the stony stream below Aragorn strikes with enough force to destroy a shield (or a shield wall formation?). He's able to ragdoll enemy soldiers with his strikes, throwing them away.

Andruil came down upon his helm. There was a ´¼éash like ´¼éame and the helm burst asunder. The orc fell with cloven head Aragorn strikes with enough force to cut helmet in half and oneshot the person wearing that helmet

So shouldn't he be higher than 9-C?

Also other things

'The birds again!' said Aragorn, pointing down.

Aragorn is the first person to see enemy raven-spies on the sky. It's worth to mention that in the Fellowship is Legolas who as an elf can see in absulete darkness and overall has superhuman eyesight which allows him to see at impossible distances.

Gandalf walked in front, and with him went Aragorn, who knew this land even in the dark

Aragorn can travel in even absolute darkness

Aragorn sped on up the hill. Every now and again he bent to the ground. Hobbits go light, and their footprints are not easy even for a Ranger to read, but not far from the top a spring crossed the path, and in the wet earth he saw what he was seeking.

'I read the signs aright,' he said to himself. 'Frodo ran to the hill-top. I wonder what he saw there? But he returned by the same way, and went down the hill again.'

So enhanced eyesight? and also super or something?

Suddenly Aragorn leapt to his feet. 'How the wind howls!' he cried. 'It is howling with wolf-voices. The Wargs have come west of the Mountains!'

Aragorn is the first person to hear orc-wolf raiders

There is no sound outside here yet,' said Aragorn, who was standing by the eastern door listening. 'The passage on this side plunges straight down a stair: it plainly does not lead back towards the hall.

Aragorn can hear very well

Aragorn stirred in his sleep, turned over, and sat up.

'What is it?' he whispered, springing up and coming to Frodo. 'I felt something in my sleep. Why have you drawn your sword?''

When asleep, Aragorn's senses are still active. He's able to hear that Frodo has drawn his sword.

Even as he gazed his quick ears caught sounds in the wood- lands below, on the west side of the River. He stiffened. There were cries, and among them, to his horror, he could distinguish the harsh voices of Orcs.

He can hear on great distances

Superhuman hearing and sight are fine in my opinion.

Aragorn sped on up the hill. Every now and again he bent to the ground. Hobbits go light, and their footprints are not easy even for a Ranger to read, but not far from the top a spring crossed the path, and in the wet earth he saw what he was seeking.

This is just tracking. He can follow their footsteps.

Gandalf walked in front, and with him went Aragorn, who knew this land even in the dark

I am pretty sure that he just memorized a large part of the terrian+knowing how exactly the plants here grow (I.e. What direction)+this isn't "absolute darkness," I think it's just evening, though it would be easier to tell the time if I had the full context of the quote. Can you provide where you got this quote?

"Drawing his bright sword and crying Elendil! Elendil! he crashed through the trees." Dismayed the rammers let fall the trees and turned to ´¼üght; but the wall of their shields was broken as by a lightning- stroke, and they were swept away, hewn down, or cast over the Rock into the stony stream below

He can't destroy a shield, he can just break through the shield formation. That just means he is strong enough to overpower the shield barrers. I'm not sure ragdolling people is above 9-C. Maybe "At least 9-C"?

I'll post the chapters and page numbers later but most of these are from the fellowship of the ring and 2 towers.

Iisdude1 said:
Shouldn't they be 9-B anyways for fighting off huge swarms of orcs?
Yeah I feel like they should be 9-B since they already have a 9-C rating Aragorn can literally smash is way through enemy and destroy their shield wall formation to than proceed to yeet them of a cliff while being outnumbered and shot from different angles.

And all these Uruk have the combine might of a fully grown and extremely well trained athlete to almost super human and he able to manhandle all of them alone.

Pretty sure Uruk are 9-C. Also mightily coat mail would easily be listed as wall level for surviving a huge spear from a cave troll, I'm not sure where athlete level comes from.

Iisdude1 said:
Pretty sure Uruk are 9-C. Also mightily coat mail would easily be listed as wall level for surviving a huge spear from a cave troll, I'm not sure where athlete level comes from.
Athletes level (technically peek human that's what I meant) comes from the fact certain Uruks can contend with some of the main cast.

Also why none of the main cast more specifically aragorn and people like him aren't rated 9-B? Huge spear from cave troll and all that.

MasterOfArda's conclusions are probably fine.

Iisdude1 said:
This is kind of off topic but weren't the valar supposed to get high 4-C downgrades at some point?
I don't think it was even accepted the thread was just dropped all together.

Back