• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tiering for destroying a Earth-Moon system-sized thing.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
So, it has come to my attention that there is no general consensu on what tier would be creating a Earth Moon system. And I don't mean just created a moon and earth, but rather like creating a Pocket Dimension who holds off both of them, or destroying a physical thing the size of one.

So I decided to make a calc-thingy. A really lazy and probably innacurate calc but y'know it's something at least.

So, what would constitute a Earth-Moon system? It would need to have enough room so that the Moon could rotate around the Planet all around it, and room for the distance. So disk-shaped, or a really flat Cylinder.

The maximum distance between Earth and Moon is 406,700 km. There is also the width of the moon itself, which is 3 474 km. So 410174 km for one "side". Now it kinda has to be on both side, so x2 times that. So 820348 km. Adds in the earth for good measure, it gives 833090 kilometer long. And wide.

Now for height? Even though the moon doesn't stay perfectly straight, I doubt it would be much greater than the Earth's height. So I'll be using the earth's diameter for height.

Using a good ol' Cylinder calcator..

We have 6945620000000000 km3 for a Earth-Moon system.

Comparing this to others things...

Approx. 4.9 times Jupiter's Volume.

Approx. 0.02 OTS' volume (Using maximum estimate)

Approx. 0.7 OTS' volume (Using Minimum estimate)

So yeah, Large Planet but still a long way from Dwarf Star.

But now, let's assume a High End if it's a sphere instead of a cylinder.

As a sphere it would be 3.03E+17 km3.

Again...

Approx 219 times Jupiter's Volume.

Approx. 1.1 times OTS' volume (Max)

Approx 17 times OTS' volume (Min)

So assuming a Cylinder, it's Large Planet. Assuming a sphere, it's Dwarf Star.

Large Planet-Dwarf Star seems like a reasonable conclusion. At the very least busting osmething like this would likely be Planet+.

You should probably ask the calculation group for input about this.

Previously we have tended to go by the total mass of the objects created for comparatively small objects such as planets and stars, but I suppose that this could be seen as a contradiction, given that creating a pocket dimension containing a galaxy, for example, is not calculated by the total mass of the stars within it, as far as I aware.

Then again, it is a complicated issue. For example, the energy of a Big Bang contains enormously less energy than what is required to destroy a universe, as does the sum total energy within a universe.

Back