• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-A Partners in Crime Tournament; Round 1 Match 6: Buffy and Spike VS Pyro and Engineer (1-6-0)

Buffy and Spike VS Pyro and Engineer

esNKoCS.png

Tournament Match Rules
  • Base Buffy is used.
  • All are restricted to 9-A.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Characters have their standard equipment.
  • Battles take place at an empty forest.
  • Combatants start 30 meters away from each other.

Buffy and Spike: 1
Pyro and Engineer: 6

Incon: 0

Last edited:
So how skilled are Buffy and Spike at aim dodging? Asking this because they're gonna be equalized to Athletic Human here while Engi and Pyro both have Supersonic guns that consistently shred themselves and the other mercs.
They are quite good. They can evade the aim of trained assassins. They will also both instinctively be able to evade these attacks. Because of this and the fact that the battle takes place in the forest, weapons will not be an issue.
Also seeing as how Buffy and Spike seem to primarily be melee combatants, do they have any counter to getting airblasted away by Pyro when trying to get up-close while Engi sets up a Mini Sentry and/or Dispenser?
Buffy's good at marksmanship. While Spike is dealing with the Pyro, Buffy can fire an accurate arrow at Engi and easily prevent him from setting up a Mini Sentry and/or Dispenser. And she can kill him

And since the battle takes place in the forest, Buffy and Spike can easily approach Pyro and Engi. And with the insane skill advantage that Buffy and Spike have, they can finish them off.

I vote Buffy and Spike

Last edited:
Of course my match comes out while I'm sleeping 😭
Btw in the og tournament thread it said Combatants don't start in each other's line of sight with gives a big advantage to both Engi and Pyro allowing Engi time to set up and giving Pyro a chance to sneak around the opposing team
They are quite good. They can evade the aim of trained assassins. They will also both instinctively be able to evade these attacks. Because of this and the fact that the battle takes place in the forest, weapons will not be an issue.
The fact that this fight takes place in a forest is very bad for them cause Pyro is gonna set it ablaze immediately. This would impair the opposing teams vision likely allowing Pyro to get the jump on them or causing them to run into the go into sights of one of Engi's sentries which will gun them down almost instantly. Also Both Pyro and Engi can keep up with and shoot down fast peeps like Scout and rocket jumping soldiers and the clip you shared isn't crazy impressive tbh.
Buffy's good at marksmanship. While Spike is dealing with the Pyro, Buffy can fire an accurate arrow at Engi and easily prevent him from setting up a Mini Sentry and/or Dispenser. And she can kill him

And since the battle takes place in the forest, Buffy and Spike can easily approach Pyro and Engi. And with the insane skill advantage that Buffy and Spike have, they can finish them off.

I vote Buffy and Spike
The starting distance is 30 meters which is over their range so they can't shoot Engi before he can set up. Engi has also dealt with arrows before from the Huntsmen so he can just sidestep them.

As I noted the first thing Pyro is gonna do is set that forest a light so they cant really use their stealth while Pyro can due to being able to walk through the flames. Also even if they do get close, Pyro is just gonna burn them to death with their Flamethrower and Engi can just blast them point blank with his Shotgun.

Btw in the og tournament thread it said Combatants don't start in each other's line of sight with gives a big advantage to both Engi and Pyro allowing Engi time to set up and giving Pyro a chance to sneak around the opposing team
How long does it take Engi to set things up? Because 30 meters isn't that far, they'll be in Buffy and Spike's line of sight in no time. And Pyro cannot sneak up on Buffy and Spike because of their enhanced senses and instinctive actions.
The fact that this fight takes place in a forest is very bad for them cause Pyro is gonna set it ablaze immediately. This would impair the opposing teams vision likely allowing Pyro to get the jump on them or causing them to run into the go into sights of one of Engi's sentries which will gun them down almost instantly.
Setting fire to the forest is not really a problem. Buffy and Spike don't need to see their opponent to fight. Thanks to their enhanced senses and Instinctual actions, the Pyro won't be able to jump on them and Engi's sentries won't be as much of a problem since Buffy and Spike can dodge bullets and the forest is covered with trees.
Also Both Pyro and Engi can keep up with and shoot down fast peeps like Scout and rocket jumping soldiers and the clip you shared isn't crazy impressive tbh.
But they don't have Enchanced sense and instinctive actions like Buffy and Spike. And Buffy and Spike are very good and experienced at dodging shots.
The starting distance is 30 meters which is over their range so they can't shoot Engi before he can set up. Engi has also dealt with arrows before from the Huntsmen so he can just sidestep them.
30 meters isn't out of Buffy's range. I'm sure those huntsmen aren't as skilled as Buffy.
As I noted the first thing Pyro is gonna do is set that forest a light so they cant really use their stealth while Pyro can due to being able to walk through the flames. Also even if they do get close, Pyro is just gonna burn them to death with their Flamethrower and Engi can just blast them point blank with his Shotgun.
As I said, setting fire to the forest is not a problem for them. Buffy can resist high temperatures (not in her profile because I was too lazy to add it but here's the scan) And with her scythe, she can easily block the fire, and once they're in close range, Spike and Buffy will instantly end this battle thanks to the huge skill gap, enhanced senses and instinctive action. Since Buffy and Spike can dodge gunshots at close range, and thanks to their regeneration, Engi's shotgun is not a problem.

Last edited:
SBA would put them in their Robot War/Australium Chase keys.
True, alright that’s good to know.

Setting fire to the forest is not really a problem. Buffy and Spike don't need to see their opponent to fight. Thanks to their enhanced senses and Instinctual actions, the Pyro won't be able to jump on them and Engi's sentries won't be as much of a problem since Buffy and Spike can dodge bullets and the forest is covered with trees.
Speed is equal so no, they won’t dodge the sentries’ bullets. Not to mention, the sentries have perfect aim/tracking, and Engineer can set up a mini one within like a second, and a regular one in like 2, which he can then upgrade to level 3 instantly thanks to upgrade canteens. Also, as seen in Meet the Engineer, he can place multiple sentry guns to cover even more ground, all of which, again, he can upgrade to level 3 instantly.

But they don't have developed feelings and instinctive actions like Buffy and Spike. And Buffy and Spike are very good and experienced at dodging shots.
Again, won't help against Sentries.

As I said, setting fire to the forest is not a big problem for them. Buffy can resist high temperatures (not in her profile because I was too lazy to add it but here's the scan)
That's resistance to electricity, which doesn't inherently grant high resistance to temperatures. Also, as you said, not on her profile.

And with her scythe, she can easily block the fire,
That's 100% going to get her killed. Engineer and Pyro scale to Soldier, who took literally zero damage from 0.0865 Tons (And that's just in their Gravel War keys, they're even stronger in their Robot War keys), while Buffy seems to scale to 0.0523 Tons. So the bullets will pierce right through her Scythe, and hit her.

and once they're in close range, Spike and Buffy will instantly end this battle thanks to the huge skill gap, enhanced senses and instinctive action.
That's assuming they can even get into close thanks to the Sentries, which will instantly gun them down the moment they are set up. Even if they can get in close Pyro can airblast them away, and even if they can get past that, Pyro doesn't need a direct line of sight to fire since he can just flail his flamethrower around, and even if they can get past that, Engineer and Pyro have significantly higher AP/Durability, and can just pop an Uber canteen to become invulnerable for a few seconds, which is more than enough time for Engineer to just drop an auto-building sentry, which will serve as a distraction at worst, and will fill the two with bullets at best.

Since Buffy and Spike can dodge gunshots at close range,
Again, speed equal, so aim dodging at best. Also, again, Pyro doesn't need a direct line of sight, and can just flail his flamethrower around.

and thanks to their regeneration, Engi's shotgun is not a problem.
Given that shotguns are powerful enough in close range to literally blow up Spy's head, who scales to the aformentioned 0.0865, I doubt that.

I was working on a response but I got beat to it so I'm just gonna post what I typed out so far.
They can't react to the bullets since they're only Subsonic compared to the Supersonic bullets.
But they don't have developed feelings and instinctive actions like Buffy and Spike. And Buffy and Spike are very good and experienced at dodging shots.
Unless their instinctive actions can avoid bullets many times faster then their reaction speed its not gonna help. Pyro and Engi also have plenty of experience avoiding various projectiles from other equally skilled mercs and robots.

Speed is equal so no, they won’t dodge the sentries’ bullets. Not to mention, the sentries have perfect aim/tracking, and Engineer can set up a mini one within like a second, and a regular one in like 2, which he can then upgrade to level 3 instantly thanks to upgrade canteens. Also, as seen in Meet the Engineer, he can place multiple sentry guns to cover even more ground, all of which, again, he can upgrade to level 3 instantly.
Why does Buffy and Spike's speed scale to Pyro and Engi and not the other way around? Still, there are trees around, they can use the trees to escape from the sentries. And literally in the video you linked, a couple of people who are not as skilled as Buffy and spike, who don't have enchanted senses and instinctive action, went right to the bottom of the Engi in full opennes area. So yes Engi's sentries will not be a problem for Buffy and Spike.
Again, won't help against Sentries.
Yes, it will.
That's resistance to electricity, which doesn't inherently grant high resistance to temperatures. Also, as you said, not on her profile.
It can reach temperatures that can melt their faces, so yes, this counts as resistance to heat.
That's 100% going to get her killed. Engineer and Pyro scale to Soldier, who took literally zero damage from 0.0865 Tons (And that's just in their Gravel War keys, they're even stronger in their Robot War keys), while Buffy seems to scale to 0.0523 Tons. So the bullets will pierce right through her Scythe, and hit her.
No it won't kill her. Buffy is scaling extremely high above 0.0523 tons. This means that the AP gap between them is less than 1,6539196941x. And the AP gap will be closed by Buffy's accelerated development and Spike's strengthened by drinking blood. And the Ap gap shifts to the point where Buffy and Spike are stronger. And the scythe scales extremely above 0.0729249323 tons.
That's assuming they can even get into close thanks to the Sentries, which will instantly gun them down the moment they are set up. Even if they can get in close Pyro can airblast them away, and even if they can get past that, Pyro doesn't need a direct line of sight to fire since he can just flail his flamethrower around, and even if they can get past that, Engineer and Pyro have significantly higher AP/Durability, and can just pop an Uber canteen to become invulnerable for a few seconds, which is more than enough time for Engineer to just drop an auto-building sentry, which will serve as a distraction at worst, and will fill the two with bullets at best.
As I explained earlier, sentrys are not a problem. And Buffy can disable the airblasts with an arrow from a distance. Pyro waving around with a flamethrower will only prolong the battle. Pyro and Engi will have to come out of the flames to attack Buffy and Spike. The AP difference is not as big as you think, and it will soon diminish and the scales will tip in Buffy and Spike's favor. Uber canteen is optional equipment so they don't have it in this battle.
Again, speed equal, so aim dodging at best. Also, again, Pyro doesn't need a direct line of sight, and can just flail his flamethrower around.
As I explained above, the Pyro's flamethrower will only prolong the war and cut their own vision.

Also, when the Pyro sets the place on fire and the Engi has placed his sentries, Buffy and Spike can change strategy and move out of their range. And they can ambush them.

And yes, Buffy has enough combat experience and knowledge to think about it and execute it perfectly.

As I explained earlier, sentrys are not a problem. And Buffy can disable the airblasts with an arrow from a distance. Pyro waving around with a flamethrower will only prolong the battle. Pyro and Engi will have to come out of the flames to attack Buffy and Spike. The AP difference is not as big as you think, and it will soon diminish and the scales will tip in Buffy and Spike's favor. Uber canteen is optional equipment so they don't have it in this battle.
Buffy watching the arrow they shot at pyro get airblasted directly back at them:
maxresdefault.jpg

Still, there are trees around, they can use the trees to escape from the sentries.
All the trees in the area are probably already gonna be burning or collapsing due to the forest Fire Pyro is gonna cause.
And literally in the video you linked, a couple of people who are not as skilled as Buffy and spike, who don't have enchanted senses and instinctive action, went right to the bottom of the Engi in full opennes area. So yes Engi's sentries will not be a problem for Buffy and Spike.
Skill is not gonna help them avoid getting filled with bullets as soon as the Sentry sees them due to not being able to react to them. Also, once again unless the instinctive action can make them react to bullets many times faster than they're shown to be capable of reacting to its not gonna help much.
Yes, it will.
Ditto what I just said.
It can reach temperatures that can melt their faces, so yes, this counts as resistance to heat.
If it's not listed as resistance to fire on profile then it can't be used as such.
No it won't kill her. Buffy is scaling extremely high above 0.0523 tons. This means that the AP gap between them is less than 1,6539196941x. And the AP gap will be closed by accelerated development and Spike's strengthened by drinking blood. And the Ap gap shifts to the point where Buffy and Spike are stronger. And the scythe scales to well over 0.0865 tons.
Even if their 0.0523 tons< Pyro and Engi still upscale from no selling 0.0865 tons so they're still gonna be a good bit stronger. The fight isn't gonna last long enough for for the AD to kick in and Spike is gonna be able to get any blood from Pyro or Engi cause he's just gonna get air blasted away or gunned down by a Sentry if he tries to get close.
As I explained earlier, sentrys are not a problem. And Buffy can disable the airblasts with an arrow from a distance.
Pyro is just gonna reflect that arrow back at him so he's just gonna hurt himself doing that.
Uber canteen is optional equipment so they don't have it in this battle.
The profile doesn't make it clear but the canteens are standard. I'm working on a crt to fix that rn.
Also, when the Pyro sets the place on fire and the Engi has placed his sentries, Buffy and Spike can change strategy and move out of their range. And they can ambush.
Ambushing is not gonna help cause sentries have 360 vision and trying to sneak up around them is just gonna get them mowed down by the sentries.

Why does Buffy and Spike's speed scale to Pyro and Engi and not the other way around?
?

Still, there are trees around, they can use the trees to escape from the sentries.
Which Pyro will have burned down within a few seconds, assuming they haven't already been tracked and shot by either Engie, or the Sentries.

a couple of people who are not as skilled as Buffy and spike,
Debatable, given that at the beginning of the Robot War, they can take on hordes of Robots who are designed to be stronger than the mercenaries, even without their best weapons.

who don't have enchanted senses and instinctive action, went right to the bottom of the Engi in full opennes area. So yes Engi's sentries will not be a problem for Buffy and Spike.
I linked that video to show that Engineer can build multiple sentry guns. Here's a better video of Sentries perfectly tracking their targets:

Pyro can melt/set fire to metal, so yeah. Also again, not on the profile so it can't even be used.

No it won't kill her. Buffy is scaling extremely high above 0.0523 tons. This means that the AP gap between them is less than 1,6539196941x.
Engineer and Pyro both also scale way above their ratings. During the middle/by the end of the Robot War, they can fodderize Robots who are stated to be stronger than their Gravel War selves, who, again, take ZERO damage from 0.0865 tons. In this key, they also stomp the TFC mercenaries physically, who beat Team Vanguard, who are considered way stronger than the Gravel War TF2 Mercenaries (who, again, take ZERO damage from 0.0865 tons) to the point that they are considered jokes in comparison.

Also, they can deal crits, which deal triple damage.

And the AP gap will be closed by Buffy's accelerated development
No feats of accelerated development on her profile would let her remotely close the gap that quickly.

and Spike's strengthened by drinking blood.
Don't know how he's going to drink anyone's blood in the middle of the match, unless it's his own, or Buffy's.

And the Ap gap shifts to the point where Buffy and Spike are stronger.
Again, no proof that they can get that strong that quickly.

And the scythe scales extremely above 0.0729249323 tons.
Cool, their guns can one-shot the other mercenaries who scale extremely above 0.0865 tons.

As I explained earlier, sentrys are not a problem.
Yes they are. They have basically perfect tracking as I linked above.

And Buffy can disable the airblasts with an arrow from a distance.
Uh, that's just gonna get his arrow deflected. You don't "disable" airblasts.

Pyro waving around with a flamethrower will only prolong the battle.
Not really, since also gonna result them being on fire, in addition to being riddled with dozens of bullets.

Pyro and Engi will have to come out of the flames to attack Buffy and Spike.
Nothing stops them from just camping, and hiding by their dispensers, which not only heal them, but grant them unlimited ammo. They don't HAVE to approach.

The AP difference is not as big as you think, and it will soon diminish and the scales will tip in Buffy and Spike's favor.
Again, no feats of that on her profile.

Uber canteen is optional equipment so they don't have it in this battle.
It isn't, it's in their Robot War tabber, so it's a part of their equipment.

As I explained above, the Pyro's flamethrower will only prolong the war and cut their own vision.
Doesn't matter when the Sentries can track them regardless.

Also, when the Pyro sets the place on fire and the Engi has placed his sentries, Buffy and Spike can change strategy and move out of their range.
That just screws them over even more, since that allows Engineer to place even MORE buildings.

And they can ambush them.
Sentries have 360 degrees vision.

And yes, Buffy has enough combat experience and knowledge to think about it and execute it perfectly.
Not when Sentries have basically perfect tracking.

I think this fight is a lot closer than both sides make it out to be, but I think Pyro and Engi got it.

Buffy and Spike for sure have ways to counter Pyro and Engi's artillery, and they have ways of evening the playing field in terms of physical stats.

However, I think Pyro and Engi's artillery will prove to be too much for Buffy and Spike to handle, and they'll just get overwhelmed in the end.

Pyro and Engi FRA

Back