• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-A Partners in Crime Tournament; Round 1 Match 5: Kris and Noelle VS Sub-Zero and Scorpion (0-1-0)

Kris and Noelle VS Sub-Zero and Scorpion

GH1ySi8.png

Tournament Match Rules
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Characters have their standard equipment.
  • Battles take place at an empty boxing ring.
  • Combatants start 30 meters away from each other.

Kris and Noelle: 0
Sub-Zero and Scorpion: 1
Incon: 0

Last edited:
Of course I get Kris and Noelle.

I've played Deltarune, but only up to Chapter 1. Looking at Kris' and Noelle's abilities, it isn't exactly anything Sub Zero and Scorpion hasn't dealt with or couldn't deduce. I don't exactly know what Kris starts with since we, the player, control her actions, so I'll let the Kris supporters handle that.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero has the advantage in the experience and skill department. (This is yap to elaborate why they have the skill & experience advantage. Feel free to quit reading this section at any time) Their history of fighting goes to Mortal Kombat (2011), Mortal Kombat X, and Mortal Kombat 11. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are, well, ninjas, with Sub-Zero "being abducted as a kid to train in the techniques of assassination." Scorpion is depicted as comparable to Sub-Zero, or at least above Bi-Han, since this version of Scorpion had beaten Bi-Han to the point where Bi-Han couldn't continue to fight. Bi-Han is a Elder Sub-Zero of the Lin Kuei family. Lin Kuei are ice ninjas (In Mortal Kombat 11), they've been stated to exist for centuries, passing on their progressively more and more honed "abilities" from generation to generation. None of the people in the Lin Kuei are chumps, since they all have unique abilities that set them apart from normal men. Bi-Han sits over all of them as an Elder. The amount of Lin Kuei members is hard to determine, because there's no exact number clearly stated. Though, it is possible to manually count the amount of Lin Kuei members on screen when they are depicted. I will not be doing that.
These Lin Kuei members were further enhanced by Cybernetization to "erase weakness from the Lin Kuei." The Cyberization is quantifiable, because​
it's narratively treated as an exponential enhancement. One of the Cyborgs is Sektor, a Grandmaster of the Cyber Lin Kuei. They both have a profile here on the Forum.

With all this being said and done, Sub-Zero and Scorpion proceed to dog the absolute **** out of Frost, Cyrax, at least five cyborg Lin Kuei members (Most likely not limitd to the five shown on screen. When Sub-Zero fights the five cyborg Lin Kuei members in an alternate decision, you can count an extra cyborg, which means that there were more cyborgs coming to fight in the battle), Cryax AGAIN, and finally Bi-Han (Who is stronger than his human version, minus the ice manipulation, but can and will spam portals and duplication [See his profile for more clarification on his abilities]) I can see someone arguing for skill not playing a factor in Scorpion (or Sub-Zero), fighting the five cyborg Lin Kuei members, as it can be argued as simply stat-stomping, but Scorpion was shown as beating Cryax because of the difference in Hand-To-Hand combat. This Hand-To-Hand extends to his Spear since it's essentially just an extendable knife that doubles as a harpoon.

Now, for the fight at hand. I think that Kris' Extended Melee would catch Sub-Zero and Scorpion off guard, as the visual of Kris swinging her sword, very clearly missing then the attack hitting either of them would surprise them, but they'd very easily understand the ability. Sub-Zero and Scorpion have a slight Attack Potency advantage (0.09 Tons of TNT, Small Building level vs 0.074 Tons of TNT (Small Building level)), with him able to boost the damage with his Hellfire. Scorpion is shown to be able to beat someone of comparable Attack Potency to him with skill, so Kris and Noelle being on the weaker side would help them both. From the distance of 30 meters, Scorpion starts with teleporting to Kris and Noelle instantly. Sub-Zero would have to walk the 30 meters, and he'd throwing his signature Ice Ball. Kris would aim dodge it, because it's nothing special. Ice Ball can be altered to go faster or slower, but Kris wouldn't have trouble because she's experienced in dodging projectiles. The fight between Scorpion and Kris would be towards Scorpion's favor because of the skill difference and Teleportation (This is how quickly Scorpion is able to teleport. The Scorpion he's fighting is literally a younger version of himself, so he scales [He can also do it in quick succession]) Kris does resist Scoprion's Hellfire, since she withstood getting electrocuted which means Heat Resistance. Hellfire also targets souls, but this version of Scorpion never uses it outside of it's other applications. It'd be straight sword fighting for Kris and Scorpion. If and when Kris pulls out Yellow Mode (For whatever circumstance that Kris would In-Character use Yellow Mode), Scorpion dodges the Danmaku by teleporting out of the way, while Sub-Zero makes an Ice Forcefield. Or he can just teleport. Scorpion and Sub-Zero would 2v1 Kris and beat her with the skill difference. Personally, I don't think Noelle is going to make a difference here. As soon as Noelle uses Healing, both Scorpion and Sub-Zero would turn their focus to her. Having two people that can teleport anywhere in quick succession focus on Noelle would be a quick defeat for Noelle (She's nowhere near as smart, skilled, or experienced as Kris that would help her survive the jumping that Scorpion and Sub-Zero would give her, even Scorpion by himself defeats Noelle)

I vote Scorpion and Sub-Zero for being able to take advantage of the skill and Attack Potency difference, as well as having Teleportation, to deal with and defeat Kris and Noelle.

If it means anything, Sub-Zero and Scorpion will go for incapacitation or knockout rather than killing Kris and Noelle. They just don't do that In-Character.

Of course I get Kris and Noelle.

I've played Deltarune, but only up to Chapter 1. Looking at Kris' and Noelle's abilities, it isn't exactly anything Sub Zero and Scorpion hasn't dealt with or couldn't deduce. I don't exactly know what Kris starts with since we, the player, control her actions, so I'll let the Kris supporters handle that.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero has the advantage in the experience and skill department. (This is yap to elaborate why they have the skill & experience advantage. Feel free to quit reading this section at any time) Their history of fighting goes to Mortal Kombat (2011), Mortal Kombat X, and Mortal Kombat 11. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are, well, ninjas, with Sub-Zero "being abducted as a kid to train in the techniques of assassination." Scorpion is depicted as comparable to Sub-Zero, or at least above Bi-Han, since this version of Scorpion had beaten Bi-Han to the point where Bi-Han couldn't continue to fight. Bi-Han is a Elder Sub-Zero of the Lin Kuei family. Lin Kuei are ice ninjas (In Mortal Kombat 11), they've been stated to exist for centuries, passing on their progressively more and more honed "abilities" from generation to generation. None of the people in the Lin Kuei are chumps, since they all have unique abilities that set them apart from normal men. Bi-Han sits over all of them as an Elder. The amount of Lin Kuei members is hard to determine, because there's no exact number clearly stated. Though, it is possible to manually count the amount of Lin Kuei members on screen when they are depicted. I will not be doing that.
These Lin Kuei members were further enhanced by Cybernetization to "erase weakness from the Lin Kuei." The Cyberization is quantifiable, because​
it's narratively treated as an exponential enhancement. One of the Cyborgs is Sektor, a Grandmaster of the Cyber Lin Kuei. They both have a profile here on the Forum.

With all this being said and done, Sub-Zero and Scorpion proceed to dog the absolute **** out of Frost, Cyrax, at least five cyborg Lin Kuei members (Most likely not limitd to the five shown on screen. When Sub-Zero fights the five cyborg Lin Kuei members in an alternate decision, you can count an extra cyborg, which means that there were more cyborgs coming to fight in the battle), Cryax AGAIN, and finally Bi-Han (Who is stronger than his human version, minus the ice manipulation, but can and will spam portals and duplication [See his profile for more clarification on his abilities]) I can see someone arguing for skill not playing a factor in Scorpion (or Sub-Zero), fighting the five cyborg Lin Kuei members, as it can be argued as simply stat-stomping, but Scorpion was shown as beating Cryax because of the difference in Hand-To-Hand combat. This Hand-To-Hand extends to his Spear since it's essentially just an extendable knife that doubles as a harpoon.

Now, for the fight at hand. I think that Kris' Extended Melee would catch Sub-Zero and Scorpion off guard, as the visual of Kris swinging her sword, very clearly missing then the attack hitting either of them would surprise them, but they'd very easily understand the ability. Sub-Zero and Scorpion have a slight Attack Potency advantage (0.09 Tons of TNT, Small Building level vs 0.074 Tons of TNT (Small Building level)), with him able to boost the damage with his Hellfire. Scorpion is shown to be able to beat someone of comparable Attack Potency to him with skill, so Kris and Noelle being on the weaker side would help them both. From the distance of 30 meters, Scorpion starts with teleporting to Kris and Noelle instantly. Sub-Zero would have to walk the 30 meters, and he'd throwing his signature Ice Ball. Kris would aim dodge it, because it's nothing special. Ice Ball can be altered to go faster or slower, but Kris wouldn't have trouble because she's experienced in dodging projectiles. The fight between Scorpion and Kris would be towards Scorpion's favor because of the skill difference and Teleportation (This is how quickly Scorpion is able to teleport. The Scorpion he's fighting is literally a younger version of himself, so he scales [He can also do it in quick succession]) Kris does resist Scoprion's Hellfire, since she withstood getting electrocuted which means Heat Resistance. Hellfire also targets souls, but this version of Scorpion never uses it outside of it's other applications. It'd be straight sword fighting for Kris and Scorpion. If and when Kris pulls out Yellow Mode (For whatever circumstance that Kris would In-Character use Yellow Mode), Scorpion dodges the Danmaku by teleporting out of the way, while Sub-Zero makes an Ice Forcefield. Or he can just teleport. Scorpion and Sub-Zero would 2v1 Kris and beat her with the skill difference. Personally, I don't think Noelle is going to make a difference here. As soon as Noelle uses Healing, both Scorpion and Sub-Zero would turn their focus to her. Having two people that can teleport anywhere in quick succession focus on Noelle would be a quick defeat for Noelle (She's nowhere near as smart, skilled, or experienced as Kris that would help her survive the jumping that Scorpion and Sub-Zero would give her, even Scorpion by himself defeats Noelle)

I vote Scorpion and Sub-Zero for being able to take advantage of the skill and Attack Potency difference, as well as having Teleportation, to deal with and defeat Kris and Noelle.

If it means anything, Sub-Zero and Scorpion will go for incapacitation or knockout rather than killing Kris and Noelle. They just don't do that In-Character.
Counted

Alright, I just woke up, so let's get this over with.
I don't exactly know what Kris starts with since we, the player, control her actions, so I'll let the Kris supporters handle that.
Kris starts by checking both of their stats to learn what the both of them are capable of doing (As well as reading their ATK and DEF) while Noelle will start defending to gain TP. Even if the both of the ninjas are stronger than them value-wise, I'd argue that Kris and Noelle upscale from the value they scale from since Berdly had 0 DEF when he survived his coaster exploding, while Kris has been used to fighting those who are not only stronger than them, but also higher defense (The latter of which they can apply to themselves with armor to become more durable).
Scorpion and Sub-Zero has the advantage in the experience and skill department.
I won't doubt this considering how long their series is.
From the distance of 30 meters, Scorpion starts with teleporting to Kris and Noelle instantly.
Mind you that teleportation spam isn't something new to Kris as Jevil does the same exact thing.
You sure about that? Because I've seen multiple gameplay videos of Mortal Kombat showing that the characters always lead with killing via fatalities because it's literally what the game is most famous for. As soon as they kill Kris and Noelle, they player will have the opportunity to reset the battle so they know what to do next time to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Anyhow, I may as well start off my side. Without a doubt, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are slightly stronger and more durable value-wise, but given how Kris has fought characters up to 11 DEF, they should very much upscale from Berdly's feat to some unknown degree. And even then, like I said, Kris has been used to fighting enemies stronger than themselves. Experience-wise Scorpion and Sub-Zero obviously take it, and they appear to be generally better at close-ranged combat, but Kris and Noelle are better at long-ranged combat with the latter generally having better AoE for the potential to get both of them with IceShock.

As for Scorpion and Sub-Zero's attacks, teleportation may be an issue but as I've said before, this is nothing new for Kris as they've fought Jevil who spams the same exact ability when attacking. Sub-Zero's ice abilities are practically useless here as both Kris and Noelle resist ice attacks, but the same cannot be said about Scorpion and Sub-Zero being able to resist IceShock, which means they are vulnerable to getting frozen. Kris is especially able to withstand heat which makes Scorpion's hellfire less effective on them. That being said, the only thing that is worrying for Kris and Noelle is Scorpion and Sub-Zero's better close-ranged combat. Thankfully, thanks to being able to dodge danmaku on a regular basis, playing the range game shouldn't be a problem even if it means they will keep teleporting to get close. The fact that Kris and Noelle's attacks can reach instantly from a distance means that Scorpion and Sub-Zero will have a hard time dodging (As with any 2D fighting game) and combined with the fact that grazing attacks will build TP which will allow Noelle to use IceShock that attacks on an AoE scale means that Scorpion and Sub-Zero will be prone to getting frozen eventually. Alternatively, you have Sleep Mist, which neither of the ninjas resist, that attacks also on an AoE scale. Kris can also utilize many ACTs in an attempt to get the ninjas to drop their defenses.

So with mid-high difficulty, I'm voting Kris and Noelle. Simply put, although the ninjas are stronger, more experienced, and have better close-ranged combat, Kris and Noelle are better skilled at dodging, have better long-ranged combat, better abilities that the ninjas don't resist (ACTs, IceShock, and Sleep Mist), and better resistances in the form of being able to resist Sub-Zero freezing them.

Holy shit this is more of a toe-to-toe matchup than I would've thought and I'm worried as ****.

Chipping in on both sides, Grandmaster Kuai Liang can resist Ice Manipulation due to going head-to-head with Frost, whose ice powers ain't no slouch since iirc she trained under him. And I assume Scorpion can heat himself enough not to get frozen like a popsicle (or the intangibility). What Catbowtie also forgot to mention about Sub-Zero is that he too can close the gap via teleportation (albeit he probably can't go as far as Hanzo). This matchup can quickly become a close-up match in a matter of a few seconds, and while Kris would be fine, Noelle might have some trouble keeping up. In the profile, Sleep Gas is stated to only work on tired enemies and it does look like all the combatant's stamina is at the same tier (we're going to need stamina feats for this one). Can Scorpion be touched in his intangible state with Kris's NPI? Regardless of that, this phasing damage technique will cause some trouble for the deltarune duo.

On the flip side, Kris can amp himself and his allies while also rebuffing his enemies, though Pirouette is a weird ass move I watched and it has varying results. Though at the very least it can cause tiredness to his opponents along with hypnosis (which lowers the attack of the ninja duo). By the by, Noelle's IceShock is an AOE projectile or just plain aoe like those final fantasy magic spells? And can their danmaku be deflected by their weaponry?
This match is much more dependent on Kris than Noelle, but not to the point that she's a liability, with healing spells and whatnot to help out. If she goes down, it would be harder for her partner to win. Checking the profile again, I don't see any ACTs that have to do with kindness, but the others will suffice.

As soon as they kill Kris and Noelle, they player will have the opportunity to reset the battle so they know what to do next time to ensure it doesn't happen again.
This... is concerning to say the least. So this matchup would just loop endlessly till Kris and Noelle win?

Because I've seen multiple gameplay videos of Mortal Kombat showing that the characters always lead with killing via fatalities because it's literally what the game is most famous for.
iirc Story gameplay doesn't let you do fatalities to accommodate for the story, and it also doesn't happen in the story unless someone is going to die.

Point of consensus is that this is another even matchup that probably needs more points and arguments for a decisive win, and I'm all for it. Following.

I don't think Scorpion and Sub-Zero can do much against Pirouette/Hypnosis into Sleep Mist
Plus, Kris can spam Big Shots (Which are x3 Kris' speed) at point blank from their soul if Scorpion and Sub-Zero get too close
I feel like having the Player rewinding the fight everytime they die is a bit much for a Low Hax tourney, but eh

This... is concerning to say the least. So this matchup would just loop endlessly till Kris and Noelle win?
no since they can be incapacitated as that wouldn't count as death which is when the player comes into play. also following since both sides still have arguments but currently leaning towards Kris and Noelle.

Ngl I forgot that Kris got type 8 immo from a recent crt. Ngl I feel like type 8 immo is a bit much for a low-hax tournament.

no since they can be incapacitated as that wouldn't count as death which is when the player comes into play. also following since both sides still have arguments but currently leaning towards Kris and Noelle.
Nothing really stops the Player from LOADing back to a SAVE before the two were knocked out tho
This should only apply to when Kris dies, I assume right?
Still concerning regardless.
Nah, the SOUL doesn't break if Kris is down, only does so when the entire party is down

Back