• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-A Partners in Crime Tournament; Round 1 Match 4: Hat Kid and The Empress VS Buddy and Rando (7-2-0)

Empress can also just one-shot Hat Kid, but that doesn't really put her over the tournament's AP qualification thing,
They're closer to Empress' AP than Hat Kid's, basically
gotta love scaling chains
uhhhhhhhhh, ****. well, i'd think they would be taking some damage from hat kid and the rockets, cus again the max is 500mj
that makes thing, difficult, feel like i have to just repeat what i said at the beginning...
Hat Kid actually has some of her own scaling, she's able to fight on-par with DJ Grooves and Conductor who are capable of one-shotting each other with a single punch, she can withstand explosions from Snatcher's explosive apples, something capable of breaking Mustache Girl's forcefields whereas Hat Kid couldn't get through it. and since Empress can one-shot Hat Kid, that puts her LEAGUES above 169 Megatons

Hat Kid can withstand and hit back against characters who one-shot or shatter things superior too 169 Megatons. not even taking into account that some of these characters were boosted by Time Piece's.

The DJ Grooves and Conductor one-shotting thing each other thing is so weird cause like would that make them Glass Cannons? But Hat Kid can take their hits, so is Hat Kid a stone wall? But that still wouldn't explain why they don't explode everytime they attack lol
The Mustache Girl's Forcefield thing also kinda just weakens Hat Kid's AP cause the 169 Megaton feat is already for their durability

The DJ Grooves and Conductor one-shotting thing each other thing is so weird cause like that'd make them Glass Cannons? But Hat Kid can take their hits, so is Hat Kid a stone wall? But that still wouldn't explain why they don't explode everytime they attack lol
The Mustache Girl's Forcefield thing also kinda just weakens Hat Kid's AP cause the 169 Megaton feat is already for their durability
TBF, Conductor flat out told Grooves a weak spot to hit him for that interaction

The DJ Grooves and Conductor one-shotting thing each other thing is so weird cause like would that make them Glass Cannons? But Hat Kid can take their hits, so is Hat Kid a stone wall? But that still wouldn't explain why they don't explode everytime they attack lol
I mean they can one-shot each other and can still harm hat kid who can harm them and vise versa, its a very confusing scaling tbh since Snatcher is regarded as superior to Conductor/Dj Grooves and Hat Kid could fight on equal footing with him tho it could just be said that Snatcher was massively holding back against her since her attacks didn't phase him for the most part.

I feel like its just better to say that they scale vastly above 169 Megatons via Conductor and DJ grooves one shotting each other for AP and Hat Kid tanking an explosion from something that broke a forcefield unfazed by 169 Megatons for durability. AP is practically a none factor in this fight and naturally comes down to Hat Kid and Empress' versatility, range, and Hat Kid's survivability against Buddy and Rando's Skill and Stamina

and too bring up the stamina point, Hat Kid is used to fighting against opponents who practically don't feel pain or are unfazed by her attacks cough cough Snatcher cough without ever tiring herself. i'm still leaning towards Hat Kid and Empress, they've just got a lot more going for them thanks to the versatility granting them far more options.

I feel like its just better to say that they scale vastly above 169 Megatons via Conductor and DJ grooves one shotting each other for AP and Hat Kid tanking an explosion from something that broke a forcefield unfazed by 169 Megatons for durability. AP is practically a none factor in this fight and naturally comes down to Hat Kid and Empress' versatility, range, and Hat Kid's survivability against Buddy and Rando's Skill and Stamina
That ends up with a scaling chain like this tho:
Hat Kid's DurabilitySnatcher Apple >>> Mustache Girl's Forcefield >>> Hat Kid's APHat Kid's Durability0.04 Tons
It really only works for the 4-A Death Wish key.

AP kinda matters if you're fighting against Stamina Juggernauts who can abuse healing, chip damage doesn't really matter if they can heal it just as easily,
and too bring up the stamina point, Hat Kid is used to fighting against opponents who practically don't feel pain or are unfazed by her attacks cough cough Snatcher cough without ever tiring herself. i'm still leaning towards Hat Kid and Empress, they've just got a lot more going for them thanks to the versatility granting them far more options.
I mean, she didn't beat Snatcher if we take what the Profile currently says, [Tricked Hat Kid into thinking he was defeated after their battle.]
Unless we count the Death Wish fights, but those are for the next key, so yeah

AP kinda matters if you're fighting against Stamina Juggernauts who can abuse healing, chip damage doesn't really matter if they can heal it just as easily,
they, or at least rando, can't keep healing forever. eventually rando is going to run out of supplies, and then he won't be around to give Buddy the time to use Mend

I mean, she didn't beat Snatcher if we take what the Profile currently says, [Tricked Hat Kid into thinking he was defeated after their battle.]
Unless we count the Death Wish fights, but those are for the next key, so yeah
she beat him to the point where he either didn't think he could win the fight or was too tired to continue, he would have continued fighting if he wasn't taking any damage and he can be heard breathing heavily in that same video

I mean, yah she didn't beat him but she fought with him to the point he had to trick her, shes tenacious and its something Snatcher recognized even after the battle stating "you're quite the character and a tough negotiator".
That ends up with a scaling chain like this tho:
Hat Kid's DurabilitySnatcher Apple >>> Mustache Girl's Forcefield >>> Hat Kid's APHat Kid's Durability0.04 Tons
It really only works for the 4-A Death Wish key.
even i'm confused tbh, the 4-A key's use different time pieces rather than the ones that were used in the regular mustache girl fight. her durability being at the top works and her ap being lower does as well.

0.04 comes from her tanking an explosion from an apple and she gets up without much problem afterwards, shes clearly more tanky especially thanks to her regen, toon force, and elasticity. personally it works if we say that Hat Kid's AP is lower than her Dura and that Conductor/Dj Grooves scale at the start but still above a one-shot value. honestly i'm not 100% sure on this
Hat Kid is incredibly smart for a child, if she realizes that their attacks are doing nothing to the "stamina juggernauts" she could just BFR them to ends things quickly, yes her using them is out of character but she has the knowledge about them (time pieces) + intelligence to realize when things are dire.

they, or at least rando, can't keep healing forever. eventually rando is going to run out of supplies, and then he won't be around to give Buddy the time to use Mend
Still, I find it difficult to believe that Hat Kid could nigh perfectly dodge and deal enough damage to two people significantly stronger than her, which she basically has to do over 8 times, while completely focusing on Rando, with the only support being a slow rocket that also barely damages the two.
I just don't see Hat Kid being that infallible here, especially at a skill disadvantage in a 1v2 lol
she beat him to the point where he either didn't think he could win the fight or was too tired to continue, he would have continued fighting if he wasn't taking any damage and he can be heard breathing heavily in that same video
Ye, don't think the Snatcher comparison really works here tbh
Edit: The Profile is also glazzing Snatcher too much lol [Pain appears to be completely irrelevant to him, as Hat Kid's attacks didn't seem to harm or exhaust him in any way.]

Last edited:
Still, I find it difficult to believe that Hat Kid could nigh perfectly dodge and deal enough damage to two people significantly stronger than her, which she basically has to do over 8 times, and completely focus on Rando, with the only support being a slow rocket that also barely damages the two.
I just don't see Hat Kid being that infallible here, especially at a skill disadvantage in a 1v2 lol
I mean hey, the 1-hit hero badge exists for a reason

Honestly, this battle could go either way, so I'll just use my VERY accurate ANALYSIS BATTLE SIMULATOR to decide my vote! (use a coin flipper, heads for Hat and Empress, Tails for Buddy and Rando)

Guess I'll vote for Hat and Empress FRA

Honestly, this battle could go either way, so I'll just use my VERY accurate ANALYSIS BATTLE SIMULATOR to decide my vote! (use a coin flipper, heads for Hat and Empress, Tails for Buddy and Rando)

I might just do that myself lol

Heads is Buddy and Rando.

Tails is Hat Kid and Empress.

I got heads.

Buddy and Rando FRA
I also flipped the coin and I have to say Hat Kid and Empress FRA.
You guys can't just flip a coin to vote 😭
If ya'll can't decide, just vote incon bruv

Moai-Easter-Island-Chile.jpg

Back