• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 1-A fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Why are Tier 1-A fights added in the first place? As 1-As can vary and the difference between two 1-As can be as great as the one of a Tier 10 to a High 1-B. If I put a tier 6 vs a tier 9 is less of a stomp that if I put a tier 3-A vs a 7-B, but a stomp nonetheless.

Because power is the only thing that matters in this kind of battles, the moment one of them is determined superior to the other its their win 100%.

Reinhard vs Crimsom King is regarded as a stomp, however, Nyar vs Ga is not. When in reality, in these fights once you are > the other, you already won and the other can do ****. It doesnt matter if its by 10 degrees of infinity of by being superior to other 1-As who are superior to 1-As who are superior to baseline 1-As.

So, I think every 1-A fight should be added or no one, nitpicking which ones suit the criteria seems subjective and not reliable. In my previous example, Nyar'd beat Gan the same way Reinhard'd beat the Crimsom king (this means, 10 times out of 10 times with utter ease).

In my opinion, every 1-A fight should be added to give the perspective of the 1-As ladder of sorts (since we lack a way of rating/tiering 1-As except for the obvious High 1-A subtier).

To be real honest here, I would have been one of the ones calling Nyarlathotep VS Gan a stomp if I had been there while it was still active.

But yeah. 'All of them or none of them' seems like the way these things should've been going to begin with.

I also think that it is too hard to determine the difference in power between 1-A characters, but I was outvoted.

At a certain point, you have to make alot of assumptions and it just becomes a debate in semantics and not who would win. This usually tends to broadly be an issue in as a whole tier 1 and more so an issue beyond Tier 1-A and higher.

Antvasima said:
I also think that it is too hard to determine the difference in power between 1-A characters, but I was outvoted.
Oh, the issue is not about having 1-A fights, that's fine, but adding them since almost every single one ends with character X being superior to Y and therefore X wins with Y being unable to do a thing because they cannot overcome the difference in power (this sounds like the textbook deffinition of stomp, btw).

Oh, the issue is not about having 1-A fights, that's fine, but adding them since almost every single one ends with character X being superior to Y and therefore X wins with Y being unable to do a thing because it cannot overcome the difference in power.

But how we can debate tier 1-A characters when besides being outside of dimensional reality, they are inconsistent and have a wide array of powers that just fall into redundancy (imo)

I'm pretty sure that when we first agreed to this, I said we should mainly just do 1-A stuff for the sake of more casual debate with people knowledgeable on the subject, and not expect much to actually be added.

People seem to just make threads and expect 1-A fights to be consistently added like normal fights, for some reason.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I'm pretty sure that when we first agreed to this, I said we should mainly just do 1-A stuff for the sake of more casual debate with people knowledgeable on the subject, and not expect much to actually be added.

People seem to just make threads and expect 1-A fights to be consistently added like normal fights, for some reason.
^ This.

@Ant

Something like "Please do not expect matches with these characters to be added, or make multiple threads simply for such purposes. These threads being anything more than casual discussion is very rare."?

Maybe something like this?

"Please do not expect matches with 1-A characters to be added, and do not create multiple threads for such purposes. Due to the unfathomably high gaps of power between characters within this category, and how hard it is to figure out their relative strength, it is very rare that these threads end up being discussed for anything beyond casual entertainment."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back