• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Theory for White Rock Shooter's durability to be reviewed and possibly revised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've played the game and read the manga version of the game and something about Sing really stuck out. In the game, she's considered the 'Ultimate One' by her Apostles to the point SAHA comments towards Nana that she couldn't hurt the Governor with her weapons. Later on, Sing's revealed to be completely fine and then you fight and beat her. However, when I read the manga, something stuck out. Incredibly weakened, MEFE was executed by a few human soldiers with automatic weapons after having her arms cut off by Stella's surprise attack yet in the game, their bullets didn't even tickle her.

If Sing is of a similar alien race, which I believe so as they both are quoted to Neblade victims, then yes, it would make sense for her to have a high durability, but to what extent is the gap between her and Mefe? This isn't the question but merely what started my train of thought.

In the game, Sing can be hurt by your attacks. Fact.

In the manga, Sing can be hurt by seemingly building sized attacks from Stella. Fact.

However, here's what grabbed my attention. Earlier in the manga, during Sing's backstory, she is shot by her secret crush, Dr. Gibson, the scientist who used Sing's DNA to create the Grey-clones (imperfect clones of Sing), like Nana. Gibson says his gun wouldn't have done anything to her (consistent with the game's portrayal of the alien's durability) but he had weaponized her DNA. Those bullets punched some big holes in her body, causing her to stagger and bleed.

Moments later, he activated a nuclear grenade in the hopes of killing her. She was at the epicenter of a nuclear explosion, yet when it cleared, the only thing it destroyed of her was her clothes, her previous wounds already healed completely. Her skin wasn't burnt, her hair was still immaculate, her eyes weren't crispy hushpuppies. She said he was foolish to think a nuke could kill her. Considering her position during that explosion, we can say easily her durability is Nuclear level, but you have to consider the nature of the explosion. I interpret the tier of 'Nuclear' differently as a kiloton of TNT is far less deadly then a nuke with a kT payload as the difference is the nuclear energy. The explosions could be the same size but the heat would be as different as day and night. The center of a nuke explosion is said to be several times hotter then the core of our sun, so even while injured, her body withstood temperatures of several millions of degrees fahrenheit, not being burnt or dehydrated at all. Also of note is that during the explosion or even before it reached her from just a few meters away, her body regenerated from her wounds.

I thought more into that and wondered how Stella could even injure her. I connected Sing's words from the game and manga of how Stella is considered a 'perfect clone' and that Sing does not mind who dies in their fight as they're both Sing Love. The last part of my theory is that unless I'm gravely mistaken, then aren't Stella's weapons connected to her on a biological level or something? It would explain how the Clones' weapons were so much more effective against the aliens if it ran off of their own internal energy else more of humanity's forces would have been outfitted with such weapons. If so, then it makes sense to me that the one consistency between the game and manga is that is doesn't matter the amount of force of whatever nature you use against Sing, she's immune to it unless it has her DNA (Stella=perfect clone=possible inclusion of her weapons as well).

My theory is that this would mean that Humanity could have sent planet killing nukes at Sing and she'd tank them with no damage unless her DNA was somehow weaponized into them.

I would appreciate community input in this thread.

No, it is not important enough. Nevertheless, feedback is appreciated.

I deleted the last post, as disgusting comments are not allowed in this wiki, but after having the time to read through the first post, a nuclear explosion is generally considered to be of at least 7-C potency, if I remember correctly.

Disgusting comment? You do realize I simply made a metaphor of feeling like I got burned? If A-crooked letter-crooked letter is banned, then my apologies.

Yeah, I understand the potency rating, its just that I was unsure if the rating takes into account all of the different ways a nuclear explosion could kill, rather then just the yield of the explosion. It'd mean she's also immune or extremely resistent to hotter then sun temperatures, extreme pressures, extreme amounts of suction as the fire would eat all of the oxygen in the area and doesn't pull her guts from her mouth (google the FAE bomb for factual details on the testing) so chances are she doesn't even need oxygen therefore possibly can survive space (unsure how she handles extreme colds), radiation, etc. common in nukes and not common in tons of TNT that we generally use to measure explosive yields of a nuclear size.

What I'm most curious about though is if the seemingly biological nature of her weakness would warrant more investigation and a review of her durability rate?

1) Well, perhaps I misunderstood.

2) We are only able to rate in terms of the raw energy output that is being withstood. Sorry.

3) I do not have an opinion regarding the issue.

1) No problem. I work as an electrician with a couple dozen other guys and about two hundred welders, laborers and pipe fitters. I use to not cuss much but it just goes to show that after a year of working with them, their blue-collar language has bled over into my writing. I'll keep a lid on it.

2) It's food for thought but I understand the nightmare it'd be trying to list each durability feat regarding an explosion if whether it was comparable to the physics of an actual nuclear explosion or just something using tons of Ki, Chakra, etc.

3) Not many people do, apparently. I'd imagine because of the PSP-Japanese exclusive nature of the BRS game that not that many people actually know of her, much less feel invested enough to study her and make comparisons between the manga, games, and anime. I just happen to be drawn to her as she's the first game villain I've ever fought that actually succeeded in killing all of Humanity.

Well, she is already rated as High 6-A for the manga, but if the character has withstood a nuclear explosion in the game, an upgrade to "At least 7-C" seems warranted, but you would have to provide a proper explanation within a parenthesis next to the attack potency, and also adjust any characters scaled from her accordingly.

Well, it's obvious the game and manga ones are of a different scale as the seemingly more impressive one is the latter. I'll get to work putting something together.

Ultra late but I did plan to play over the game and look for feats. Considering how two other BRS profiles went from 8-C to Tier 4 after I did things, I'm guessing that more feats could happen if I look over this one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back