• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Theomachia Discussion Thread

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Hello there.

So... Since all the cool kids have begun making threads for their verses, I decided to make one for mine too.

Don't have much to add, other that as soon as I get my computer back, I'll be making a lot of work on some things:

• Changing the Energy System to make it different from Saint Seiya
  • Creating Explanation Blogs
  • Making lots and lots of pages
And... That's pretty much it. I hope it goes well.

Here's a cute pic:

ModernGoddesses

So who're the antagonists? If like, Odin is the main villain of an arc will he have servants like Einherjar? What about the humans? Do they have a role or are they as useless as cannon fodder?

Several characters are Antagonists, even those that are main heroes on some Arcs may be main villains on others.

List of Main Villains:

• YHWH (Main villain of the "Celestial Crusade" Arc)
  • Odin (Main villain of an arc involving Norse Myth. Fools characters and audience into thinking Loki's the main threat)
  • Metatron (Main villain of the "Apocalypse" arc. A worst threat than Lucifer)
  • Cronus (Main villain of the Titanomachia Prequel Arc)
  • Zeus (Main villain of the "Olympian Theomachia" Arc)
And so on.

As for the Einherjar, yes, they are Odin's armies. While most Einherjar are not very strong, his Generals are incredibly powerful. They are all heroes of Norse Mythology, such as Sigurth Dragonslayer and Ragnar Lothbrok.

Ares has a similar army of exalted warriors, but his are Greco-Roman warriors of myth and history, from Achilles and Theseus, to King Leonidas, Caesar Augustus and Alexander the Great.

Baldr is dead. Murdered by Loki with an arrow of mistletoe. He is, however, prophecized to revive at Ragnarok, as a god greatest and highest than all who came before him, as was said by the Volva in Hyndluljó├░:

"There was one born
greater than all,
the boy was nourished
with the strength of earth;
he was declared a ruler,
mightiest and richest,
allied by kinship
to all princes.
Then shall another come,
yet mightier,
although I dare
not his name declare.
Few may see
further forth
than when Odin
meets the wolf."
Baldr is what Odin fears the most. More than Loki, more than Surtr, more than Fenrir. Odin fears being displaced by Baldr.

At least I know the moment he comes back he bout to smack that cyclops up side the head. Or at least be alive to see through the restart of the cycle once he backs if the old raven is dead.

I didn't know there would be Theomachia Discussion thread.

But here goes anyway:

1. Why is Sophia in Theomachia ? Is she and YHWH of the Heaven somehow related like The Darkness and Gods from Supernatural ?

2. Are the Old Night a greater scope villain ?

You could just search up Sophia and research things yourself instead of pestering Matt about these things that haven't even been revealed yet.

Seriously, Shining, Google exists. Most of my characters are based on religion, so search that and you will get The general idea of where I'm going.

Since I sound rude last time. I will write down new question.

1. Are there any potential good guy in some Pantheon like....at all ?

2. Will Gabriel be the only sane one like in Shin Megami Tensei again ?

3. Will Indra try to pick a fight with Shiva like in DxD around Apocalypse Arc ?

Is it okay if I ask, what group is the main warrior who serve under Zeus ? I mean, Athena have Gold Saint, Hades have the Specter, Poseidon have the Marine, Artemis have the Satellite, and Ares have the Berseker.

Uh, didn't you catch the memo? Theomachia has long since ceased to being a Saint Seiya related work, and in fact I need to rework a lot of stuff from it, such as the Senses.

Yeah. A lot of progress has been going on in my head but I lack the time and will to make the profiles currently. :p

I will get to it eventually.

Just being curious as usual. So which one of the God in the pantheon are you doing next ? Dont tell me the which god it is. Just which pantheon are you focus on doing the profile next ?

You know just a thing, i was at a point where i was going to do something similar in nature to what Matthew's is doing for his verse here on having various God Pantheons existing back in the "far, far, far...past" of my verse.

Just giving a quick rundown of my verse history prior to the whole "traveling to other fictional media worlds of any kind" type plot it has right now, there use to be gods of various kinds that had lived with humanity and even with each other through neighboring worlds (like multiverses as that's what my verse consists of having, each of which contain infinite timelines and whatnot for them). Kind of hard to explain but it's more of the idea that in my world that Gods had lived in existence in physical form and all that junk prior to "a certain man and his group" ruining it for them...complicated plot.

Like i said here, i could have done it but i haven't thought of what roles they would even have let alone what kind of importance they'd get other than being rulers of humanity within their own multiverses where they exist there and such...again, quite complicated to explain.

Do note that them being around like this is a separate plot from my trilogy-esque heroes here as well as that of another whose story i may actually make up for his future time.

@Shining: It could work if i tried, actually. Even then, that's just for one large story of a singular hero.

They can make some cameos or some really minor appearances in my "Fanfictional-ish" Trilogy series, but that would be even less than what was given for them. I will say that various afterlife places and others like Heaven and Hell or that of Valhalla and such do exist in Exceed as many places that make up the Afterlife...which i guess could be the Death counterpart to the worlds of the living. ^^;

Also, and though this is more of Matthew's thread relating to his works and thus i don't want to keep putting up to this here a lot (hehe~ ^^; ), but i did also recently consider WHAT KIND OF BS would i come up with if i decided to add verses of other fictional worlds that gets expanded to those like that of say, Warhammer or perhaps maybe the Cthulhu Mythos verse. I kind of more or less intend to have the Marvel verse and DC Comics verse be part of my verse as neighboring worlds (albeit onto like 2-A level which in the past, it kind of has been so it'd work) and maybe have the deities of the respective worlds be put in for mention of existenial crisises~

Though in all honesty, other worlds like Warhammer, C. Mythos, and whatever else being part of the crossover of all worlds sounds not stupid, but also would make Exceed downright ridiculous. While i can do something for maybe Marvel and DC and maybe other verses like...Nintendo or Sega or Capcom even and whatever else aside those Game and Comics and...whatever the heck Warhammer and the Mythos series are agian (think the Mythos series is a bunch of books iirc last time of reading about them), doing others like the last two would make such a complicated series of working to do and the fact that a whole bunch scaling would look like SMT levels of scaling. So i pretty much just stick to whatever how many i can work with and just go with it from there. ^^;

Just a thing i had to share on if anyone ever asks me this by chance....cause trust me, it CAN happen if i so much as think about attempting. I will admit that if i had something like the Warhammer and Mythos verse as parallel worlds for my various OC's to interact with, it would be interesting and fun to say the least. But those and many others even for that matter are as good by themselves as is. No need to overcomplicant it than it already is.

Exactly. xD

Warhammer could do well if i did the ones with the Tier 2 versions but so far it's been more of the 40K one that i've had more "exposure" to. Even then by limiting them to a 2-A world, it wouldn't exactly fit well if i wanted them to be like...super powerful compared to the other Gods. Heck it'd be worse if i did the same to the Mythos series, especially if i made it somehow work i would have to explain how This GUY is more or less superior to Yog-Sothoth let alone Azathoth itself.

But like i said, it COULD happen if i tried to do it. I just have to really get more familiar with both works and others on how they would even function with my verse and it's other "neighboring worlds". Even much so with places like the Warp of 40K to that of the Chaos world place where those like Nyar and shit reside in...

Either way, i wouldn't exactly do much justice for both of them and other others i might add but we'll see how that goes from here on out.

Back