• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Who is the greatest manga martial artist? This is what this tournament seeks to answer.

Rules
  • The tournament takes place in an indestructible island with a 1000 feet radius
  • Stats are equal for every fighter
  • Only martial arts techniques are alllowed
  • Techniques that use any type of energy are allowed
  • Any technique that amplify the user's stats will not have any effect on it
  • Flight techniques are limited to reach just 200 feet at most
  • Transformations are restricted
Combatants:

Son Goku
Yujiro Hanma
Garou
Kenshiro
Shen Wulong
Mikey
Riki Oh
Ranma Saotome
Isaac Netero
Jonathan Joestar
Akasa
Kiichi Miyazawa
Hayato Furinji
Adam
Alita
Might Guy

Round 1:

Goku vs Yujiro Hanma
Garou vs Ranma Saotome
Jonathan Joestar vs Riki Oh
Kiichi Miyazawa vs Shen Wulong
Might Guy vs Adam
Alita vs Isaac Netero
Mikey vs Akasa
Kenshiro vs Hayato Furinji

Let's get ready to rumble...

Last edited:
Who is the greatest manga martial artist? This is what this tournament seeks to answer.

Rules
  • The tournament takes place in an indestructible island with a 1000 feet radius
Combatants:

Son Goku
Baki Hanma
Garou
Kenshiro
Ohma Tokita
Yoruichi Shihoin
Riki Oh
Ranma Saotome
Isaac Netero
Jonathan Joestar
Akasa
Kiichi Miyazawa
Hayato Furinji
Adam
Alita
Rock Lee

Round 1:

Goku vs Baki Hanma
Garou vs Ranma Saotome
Kiichi Miyazawa vs Ohma Tokita
Rock Lee vs Adam
Alita vs Isaac Netero
Yoruichi Shihoin vs Akasa

Wait, can we add a few more?
All Rounder Meguru, Tokyo Duel, Fist Of The Seeker (prequel to Kengan Ashura), Kengan Omega (sequel to Kengan Ashura), Strike It Rich and How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift (alternate mangas set in the same universe as FOTS and Kengan due to same author), Mightiest Disciple Kenichi, etc?

Wait, can we add a few more?
All Rounder Meguru, Tokyo Duel, Fist Of The Seeker (prequel to Kengan Ashura), Kengan Omega (sequel to Kengan Ashura), Strike It Rich and How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift (alternate mangas set in the same universe as FOTS and Kengan due to same author), Mightiest Disciple Kenichi, etc?
Well the tournament needs to have 16 combatants, so i will not add more, but i'm willing to replace at least 4, who imo, despite being really good fighters, they are not insane skilled like others on this competition. And they are: Yoruichi Shihoin, Alita, Akasa and Rock Lee.

Do you know any fighters that you believe that are better than them?

I also will only include one character per universe, so characters of prequels and sequels of Kengan for example are out, and I already included Hayato Furinji from Mightiest Disciple Kenichi

Also do you like to vote in the first fight?

Last edited:
Well the tournament needs to have 16 combatants, so i will not add more, but i'm willing to replace at least 4, who imo, despite being really good fighters, they are not insane skilled like others on this competition. And they are: Yoruichi Shihoin, Alita, Akasa and Rock Lee.

Do you know any fighters that you believe that are better than them?

Also do you like to vote in the first fight?
Rules
I feel like technically martial arts being martial arts (literally meaning arts of Mars aka arts of Ares, Greco-Roman god of WAR) aka battlefield combat systems, technically anything goes honestly with regard to combat, so at least any and all of one's weapons and unarmed techniques using one's body at least and no more than that...? (so Spirit Ball, Kamehameha, etc are out but Kaio Ken, Advance, Bankai etc can go in)

Also, why 16? If we can add more to keep it an even number, wouldn't it still work?
(Additionally, what about other similar mediums like comics (English), manhua (Chinese) and manhwa (Korean)? Do we get to include those?)

Also hold on, let me find out which ones I can nominate to join, and since no one has voted so far in the Goku vs Baki fight, could I also suggest replacements for the fighters perhaps?

All Rounder Meguru, Tokyo Duel, Fist Of The Seeker (prequel to Kengan Ashura), Kengan Omega (sequel to Kengan Ashura), Strike It Rich and How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift (alternate mangas set in the same universe as FOTS and Kengan due to same author), Mightiest Disciple Kenichi, One Piece(?), Hajime No Ippo, Ashita No Joe, Megalo Box, How To Fight, Martial Peak, DC, Marvel, TMNT, etc etc etc...

(I'll look through manga and suggest fighters from there first, I'll let you decide whether the tournament setting and list of allowed mediums to choose fighters from as well as number of fighters can be different afterwards)

So the participants can be:
  1. Son Goku
  2. Baki Hanma Yujiro Hanma
  3. Garou
  4. Kenshiro
  5. Ohma Tokita Shen Wulong
  6. Yoruichi Shihoin
  7. Riki Oh
  8. Ranma Saotome
  9. Isaac Netero
  10. Jonathan Joestar
  11. Akasa
  12. Kiichi Miyazawa
  13. Hayato Furinji
  14. Adam
  15. Alita
  16. Rock Lee Might Guy
Possible additions:

I feel like technically martial arts being martial arts (literally meaning arts of Mars aka arts of Ares, Greco-Roman god of WAR) aka battlefield combat systems, technically anything goes honestly with regard to combat, so at least any and all of one's weapons and unarmed techniques using one's body at least and no more than that...? (so Spirit Ball, Kamehameha, etc are out but Kaio Ken, Advance, Bankai etc can go in)
I have to say, thanks for giving so many ideas to this,

Makes sense honestly, but i want energy projection techniques like Kamehameha to be allowed not only due to the sheer unpredictabiliy factor in a fight, but also due to the fact that many great manga martial artist are also expert chi/energy users, eliminating it for the tournament would vastly decrease some fighters arsenal, guys like Goku, Kenshiro, Jonathan and Riki Oh for example

Also, why 16? If we can add more to keep it an even number, wouldn't it still work?
It would, but i just don't want this tournament to be very long.
(Additionally, what about other similar mediums like comics (English), manhua (Chinese) and manhwa (Korean)? Do we get to include those?)
After this one is over, was thinking about making one with just comic characters, and then another with video game characters, and another one wiht manhua/manhwa characters.
And maybe the winner of each could face off each other.

So the participants can be:

1. Baki Hanma Yujiro Hanma
Ok, what are your reasons for putting Yujiro over Baki? I know that he's stronger, and knows many martial arts and techniques, but as far as i know he despises martial arts. So i wouldn't consider him a real martial artist. Baki on the other hand relies much more on martial arts than his father.

This is interesting, i want to see your reasons for this

Reasons?

Possible additions:
Mikey is in.
I already Incluide Hayato, isn't him a better fighter than Kenichi?

I have to say, thanks for giving so many ideas to this,

Makes sense honestly, but i want energy projection techniques like Kamehameha to be allowed not only due to the sheer unpredictabiliy factor in a fight, but also due to the fact that many great manga martial artist are also expert chi/energy users, eliminating it for the tournament would vastly decrease some fighters arsenal, guys like Goku, Kenshiro, Jonathan and Riki Oh for example
Fair enough.

It would, but i just don't want this tournament to be very long.
After this one is over, was thinking about making one with just comic characters, and then another with video game characters, and another one wiht manhua/manhwa characters.
And maybe the winner of each could face off each other.
Makes sense too.

Ok, what are your reasons for putting Yujiro over Baki? I know that he's stronger, and knows many martial arts and techniques, but as far as i know he despises martial arts. So i wouldn't consider him a real martial artist. Baki on the other hand relies much more on martial arts than his father.
I mean, even if Yujiro does not like martial arts per se, he has mastered them and is also able to copy and replicate martial arts techniques to a greater degree than Baki, and we have seen him use martial arts when backed into a corner by those who can use his strength against him like with Kaku Kaioh + use Baki's own techniques against him or counter Baki's techniques even after seeing them only once, so I feel like Yujiro is still stronger and thus more worthy of being in the tournament (also, Baki does not kill, so that might be a bit of a disadvantage against the more bloodlusted/amoral fighters or the fighters who are not averse to killing).

This is interesting, i want to see your reasons for this

Reasons?

Mikey is in.
I already Incluide Hayato, isn't him a better fighter than Kenichi?
OK my bad, should have checked, I did not know Hayato was already from the Kenichi manga welp.
For the other 2 I just want to use the strongest martial arts characters from their respective series so...

OK, for Wulong... there's MAJOR spoilers if you have not seen Kengan Omega (though the profile itself has spoilers galore already and I'm just keeping up to date with the latest chapters for Omega after reading the other Sandro comics except FOTS), but Wulong is basically the strongest character in the Sandroverse as of now in terms of martial arts knowledge and skill, the dude has literally slammed KUROKI of all people through a wall with one hand and despite Kuroki's Devil Lance he was only mildly injured, also he sliced Gaoh Mukaku/Long Xiu (aka THE GUY WHO BASICALLY FOUGHT THE REST OF THE INSIDE AND THE WORM FOR 4 DECADES UNDEFEATED) in half with Mukaku's/Xiu's own katana after also resisting Mukaku's/Xiu's attempts to cut through him by using one hand to block the blade alone with barely any injury at all aside from the skin on his palm being mildly lacerated and bleeding from having the blade hammered on his hand with Mukaku/Xiu using Ironbreaker to try to cut through his hand which failed
Also the dude has pretty much allowed Ohma and Ryuki to improve and perhaps Koga too indirectly (Ohma by coaching him briefly on improving his Ironbreaker posture to the point Ohma could send shockwaves through the air by using Ironbreaker on thin air which would possibly be taught to Koga, and Ryuki by telling him to learn Mukaku's/Xiu's techniques) due to initially wanting to pass his consciousness over to them, but instead after being persuaded by Kazuo, now waiting for them and other fighters to improve enough to satisfy his boredom and give him a good fight.

For Might Guy, unless we're using Boruto-era Guy who's already missing his leg from the 8 Gates Formation, I would think he's still more experienced than Lee in using all 8 Gates both separately and in conjunction (as in using the different techniques through each Gate more masterfully than Lee) given that he was the one who taught Lee, and I'm not sure if Lee has done any taijutsu feats to match Guy at his peak (when Guy was fighting against Madara) yet, so yeah.

mean, even if Yujiro does not like martial arts per se, he has mastered them and is also able to copy and replicate martial arts techniques to a greater degree than Baki, and we have seen him use martial arts when backed into a corner by those who can use his strength against him like with Kaku Kaioh + use Baki's own techniques against him or counter Baki's techniques even after seeing them only once, so I feel like Yujiro is still stronger and thus more worthy of being in the tournament (also, Baki does not kill, so that might be a bit of a disadvantage against the more bloodlusted/amoral fighters or the fighters who are not averse to killing).
Alright, you convinced me, i swapped Baki with Yujiro

, for Wulong... there's MAJOR spoilers if you have not seen Kengan Omega (though the profile itself has spoilers galore already and I'm just keeping up to date with the latest chapters for Omega after reading the other Sandro comics except FOTS), but Wulong is basically the strongest character in the Sandroverse as of now in terms of martial arts knowledge and skill, the dude has literally slammed KUROKI of all people through a wall with one hand and despite Kuroki's Devil Lance he was only mildly injured, also he sliced Gaoh Mukaku/Long Xiu (aka THE GUY WHO BASICALLY FOUGHT THE REST OF THE INSIDE AND THE WORM FOR 4 DECADES UNDEFEATED) in half with Mukaku's/Xiu's own katana after also resisting Mukaku's/Xiu's attempts to cut through him by using one hand to block the blade alone with barely any injury at all aside from the skin on his palm being mildly lacerated and bleeding from having the blade hammered on his hand with Mukaku/Xiu using Ironbreaker to try to cut through his hand which failed
Also the dude has pretty much allowed Ohma and Ryuki to improve and perhaps Koga too indirectly (Ohma by coaching him briefly on improving his Ironbreaker posture to the point Ohma could send shockwaves through the air by using Ironbreaker on thin air which would possibly be taught to Koga, and Ryuki by telling him to learn Mukaku's/Xiu's techniques) due to initially wanting to pass his consciousness over to them, but instead after being persuaded by Kazuo, now waiting for them and other fighters to improve enough to satisfy his boredom and give him a good fight.
Ok. Shen is in.

For Might Guy, unless we're using Boruto-era Guy who's already missing his leg from the 8 Gates Formation, I would think he's still more experienced than Lee in using all 8 Gates both separately and in conjunction (as in using the different techniques through each Gate more masterfully than Lee) given that he was the one who taught Lee, and I'm not sure if Lee has done any taijutsu feats to match Guy at his peak (when Guy was fighting against Madara) yet, so yeah.
Might is in too.

I've also swapped Yoruichi with Mikey.

I think, we should get people to vote so we can begin.

Alright, you convinced me, i swapped Baki with Yujiro

Ok. Shen is in.

Might is in too.

I've also swapped Yoruichi with Mikey.

I think, we should get people to vote so we can begin.
Even with stats equalised I feel like Goku is just far too strong for Yujiro, even if Yujiro copies Goku, Saiyans are stronger when closer to death, and Yujiro may not be able to use Demon Back while Goku is restricted from Super Saiyan forms due to rules, overall Goku should take it more easily...?

eh, my vote goes to Goku on this one
(Also just a suggestion, you might want to copypaste the rules for each separate thread for each fight in the tournament so we do not need to redirect ourselves back here all the time... Or just make sure to keep a link to back here for each separate thread for each fight in the tournament so we can keep the tabs open)
you can add my vote via link to this post in there

my vote goes to Goku on this one
(Also just a suggestion, you might want to copypaste the rules for each separate thread for each fight in the tournament so we do not need to redirect ourselves back here all the time... Or just make sure to keep a link to back here for each separate thread for each fight in the tournament so we can keep the tabs open)
you can add my vote via link to this post in there
Note it

Oh right, okay (cringe)

There's not a whole lot of popular manhuas and manhwas, idk if it wouldn't be better to just mix up the media. But you do you idrc
I just need 8 manhwa/manhua characters at bare minimum, i think it's possible. I'm gonna do with comics and then with video game characters, and the winner of all these tournaments will face each other at end.

Also, I don't know if it counts, because he is a swordsman, but maybe you should change Adam for Sasaki Kojiro, since he is the most skilled inverse.
It should, Kobudo/Ko-ryu styles are still martial arts, and Niten Ichi-ryu is a real swordfighting martial art so yeah (though in Kojiro's case with Niten Ganryu he hybridised several martial arts styles regarding swordfighting).
Honestly, I think all of them ought to have access to any sort of battlefield weapon, but of course they would most likely use the weapons they're most skilled with.

It should, Kobudo/Ko-ryu styles are still martial arts, and Niten Ichi-ryu is a real swordfighting martial art so yeah (though in Kojiro's case with Niten Ganryu he hybridised several martial arts styles regarding swordfighting).
Honestly, I think all of them ought to have access to any sort of battlefield weapon, but of course they would most likely use the weapons they're most skilled with.
While is indeed a martial art, i only imagined as no weapons tournament, but i'll think about it

I'm sorry, but this is an outright stomp.

I may not know the best exploits of each character, but characters like Mikey and Adam are absolutely superfluous here.

Yujiro, Shen and Hayato also have no chance of winning. No matter how geniuses they were and how quickly they could copy other people's techniques, they have no way to resist Kenshiro's techniques.

As a result, we still have 3 favorites - Kenshiro, who can tear you to pieces with a couple of touches, Akaza with his mid regen and Netero with his huge range of attacks and additional limbs.

Alita can certainly resist Kenshiro's pressure points, but her skills are too few to fight the best fighters on this list.

Garou also has a high chance, depending on which form we use. I suppose the latest versions of his Monster form can resist the Kenshiro technique, because it is a "costume". However, I got the impression that a human version of it is being used.

I'm sorry, but this is an outright stomp.

I may not know the best exploits of each character, but characters like Mikey and Adam are absolutely superfluous here.

Yujiro, Shen and Hayato also have no chance of winning. No matter how geniuses they were and how quickly they could copy other people's techniques, they have no way to resist Kenshiro's techniques.

As a result, we still have 3 favorites - Kenshiro, who can tear you to pieces with a couple of touches, Akaza with his mid regen and Netero with his huge range of attacks and additional limbs.

Alita can certainly resist Kenshiro's pressure points, but her skills are too few to fight the best fighters on this list.

Garou also has a high chance, depending on which form we use. I suppose the latest versions of his Monster form can resist the Kenshiro technique, because it is a "costume". However, I got the impression that a human version of it is being used.

Rules
Combatants:

Son Goku
Yujiro Hanma
Garou
Kenshiro
Shen Wulong
Mikey
Riki Oh
Ranma Saotome
Isaac Netero
Jonathan Joestar
Akasa
Kiichi Miyazawa
Hayato Furinji
Adam
Alita
Might Guy

Round 1:

Goku vs Yujiro Hanma
Garou vs Ranma Saotome
Kiichi Miyazawa vs Shen Wulong
Might Guy vs Adam
Alita vs Isaac Netero
Mikey vs Akasa

Hmm...
actually there might be a few points to discuss here.
1: Are we equalising all fighters' stats at the highest common tier or the lowest common tier?
2: We did already clarify that martial arts techniques can essentially refer to any combat/battlefield techniques using one's body and/or weapons at best... not sure how far we're willing to push that definition though...?
3: Should we determine which stats-amplifying techniques to allow and which types of transformations are restricted as per the different natures of different techniques and transformations?

I was busy these days so sorry for the wait, i don't know man Mikey is pretty haxed, and Adam can literally copy any ability or even power that he seus, he's dangerous.

I don't know about Shen and Yujiro tbh, but ypu can argue that Hayato can, since he can resist this type of pressure points manip (which works in a very similar manner to Hokuto Shinken's)

I'd say that at least Goku and Hayato also can resist the pressure points.

Garou also has a high chance, depending on which form we use. I suppose the latest versions of his Monster form can resist the Kenshiro technique, because it is a "costume". However, I got the
Yep it's his human form.

Back