• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The "Tutorial Page" of this Wikia - or the Lack of One

This is what I want to talk about. The Tutorial Page, so to say.

Or more exactly, the seeming LACK of one. To this day, and it has been quite a while, I have not the slightest clue how to make a page. My try's to make Character Pages have been quickly shot down with the reasons of not enough proof.

So I've asked around a bit. And It seems there's a lot of people who do not know how to make one. I've tried my best to find the Equivalent to a "Beginner's Guide" but either im straight up to ******** to find it or it does not exist. The closest thing I've found is the Standart Character Format Page and that one is about as helpful as a Shoe in Water.

For one, what is necessary to rate a character what Tier? How can I make certain of that? How can I get proof?

All I am asking for is A - a link to the Beginner's Guide or a Equivalent or B - for someone to make one.

Because I for one would really like to make a couple verses that do not exist on this wiki and I'm very much willing to do the work, if I knew how.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but most of the questions you just asked can be solved by common sense.

To answer your questions for example, Make a thread, use concrete info, link concrete info, etc. If I see someone destroying a building, then they're probably building level. If I don't know where to rank it, just ask around. These aren't really revolutionary pieces of advice.

From the reason your profiles are deleted, it seems much less that you need a guide, and more that you just need to link the feat / scans of the feat.

The Problem is that I've tried that, but that did not seem enough. And Scans are not findable online and I myself only posess a CopyLocked Ebook-Version on my Kindle. And Rating a Character Large City level exactly because he blew up a Large City was still rated as "not enogh proof". I mean, what exactly even requires Scans. AP? Every single Ability?

You usually need accepted calculations for the highest known feats, in order to make the statistics reliable.

We have lots of instructions for that linked in the front page.

In the best case possible everything should be sourced with scans.

But at the very least AP calculations are generally needed (unless it's something like a character obliterating a fifth of the Milky Way with one attack, in that case you simply link the feat and rate it as MSS)

Back