• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Crimson Azoth said:
Superweeb2987 said:
Springtrap doesn't create sparks by moving around.
You've never tried to operate old, rusty machinary, have you?
I have, as a matter of fact. I haven't tried it when there's a body inside of it. Regardless, we see Springtrap move around, and he doesn't create sparks. He wouldn't be very stealthy if he did.

We have never seen Springtrap move, aside from lurching into the office. Whenever he moves through the building, the cameras take a convient break. When he actually attacks you, he charges you when you aren't watching. I'm not saying that he looks like a firework when he moves, rather than the metal parts of his body grinding against each other would be enough to generate at least a few sparks, which is more than enough to generate a fire in a hot, dry and paper-rich enviroment

Crimson Azoth said:
We have never seen Springtrap move, aside from lurching into the office. Whenever he moves through the building, the cameras take a convient break. When he actually attacks you, he charges you when you aren't watching. I'm not saying that he looks like a firework when he moves, rather than the metal parts of his body grinding against each other would be enough to generate at least a few sparks, which is more than enough to generate a fire in a hot, dry and paper-rich enviroment
We have seen him move. Check the animations in the extras section. Even so, a few sparks isn't enough to set a whole ******* building ablaze.

>Check the animations

Those are Springtrap's jumpscares, which just consist of him lurching towards the camera, sometimes opening his mouth, always making that screech that haunts my nightmares. But we never see him walking around, exerting himself, or throwing punches like he would have to do in this fight. Aside from Foxy in the first game, Shadow Freddy in the third, and Ballora in Sister Location, I don't think we've ever seen the animatronics move aside from leaning foward/rising up and opening their mouths to jumpscare.

>a few sparks isn't enough to set a who f--king building ablaze

While you are correct, Springtrap doesn't actually need to burn the whole place down. The Thing is afraid of fire. If Springtrap sets anything alight, whether it be the tablecloths, paper masks/drawings on the walls, or the wallpaper itself, the Thing will metaphorically crap itself. And I'm pretty sure making your opponent run away in terror is a win condition

No he doesn't win. Even though there is a bunch of papers and flamable stuff on the walls, the chance that one of them will catch fire due to him is astronomcial. But there is a chance.

That's the problem with arguing against stomps. You end up almost proving that the other character wins!

Also the heat would likely kill Springy as well as shown in Simulator. Simulator is likely more faithful due to being more recent and it shows ST dying in a fire of similar heat as a normal building fire. Also would the Thing be effected by the Phantoms?

It's the only way he can do it, and he can only pull it off if he learns it in time. He could easily do it, but it's out of character.

Bloodlusted Springtrap could make this fair.

But there is no evidence he would or even could. Also as I said before it might end up killing them both anyway. If not then Thing takes this due to shapeshifting, regen, etc. Sprong has no real reliable way to put down every cell of The Thing.

Sprongtrap is High 1-A, pls nerf.

If he does it (and I see it), at worst I see an inconclusive. He could easily light it on fire due to the bad wiring there.

I honestly kinda doubt that burning down a building can beat regel that apparently works from a single cell.

Yes. To each their own.

I guess inconclusive. It depends on if Springtrap can burn it down in time. If he does, he dies with the Thing.

Ok but there's no guarantee that a fire is gonna get literally every single cell. I see that as incredibly unlikely, and as such thing'd just Regen later.

It then depends. If Springtrap dies, the Thing heals and it wins. If he runs from the fight, it's sort of a tie.

The Thing via regen.

I think springtrap running away would be considered a loss via self bfr or something, which also seems unlikely when bloodlusted. Not really sure if this is a stomp or not considering the seemingly totally insurmountable regen.

Back