• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Thing vs Necroa Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I did specify I'm the one infected here.

Wait, hold on. I don't even exist unless the one who wants to interact cares for me.

Hold on.

Well that was an interesting back and forth

So the question that needs to be asked here is can/will Thing-cell devour a virus? Personally I'd say no. It's canon that the Thing can't assimilate organisims outside of the Kingdom Animalia since both plants and fungus are never assimilated in canon and it's been concluded in previous threads that the Thing would likely only be able to assimilate creatures with the right chemical structures. I'll ask Crimson what he thinks just to get a second opinion, but I'm not too hopeful currently.

I heard the call of the wild Apies

The Thing wouldn't be able to assimilate a virus. To start off with, it works by assimilating and copying cells, and viral structures are outside of it's pay grade. On the other hand, the way virus's (viri?) work is by attacking the nucleus, and forcing it to make copies. And I'm not quite sure if Thing cells have nuclei.

And in terms of infection time, the Thing lolstomps there. It can assimilate a human in a several minutes, whereas the virus takes days.

Tentatively holding my vote, cause this match hinges on the whether a Thing cell reacts to a virus.

New info discovered! The Thing can actually isolate inorganic material and expel it from the body. Again, whether is can do this with something as small as a virus is unknown, but now I'm slightly leaning towards the Thing

I mean

can't the virus just infect the Thing.

Also this is a maxed out virus yeah?

It probably just kills the human in a few hours tbh.

**** ME I'm so frusturated that I can't find a clip of the 2011 movie. It has the literal best view we ever get of a Thing-cell assimilating another cell. ****

I've no idea if Thing-cells have nucleui(?), but it might be able to make one. For all we know though that nucleus might be as useful to the cell as a brain is to the whole aka worthless. This might be a repeat of Thing v Raimi in that neither can really affect each other, so Incon? I'll hold off for now untill I can find something. Maybe the comics have something I missed.

Crimson Azoth said:
New info discovered! The Thing can actually isolate inorganic material and expel it from the body. Again, whether it can do this with something as small as a virus is unknow, but now I'm slightly leaning towards the Thing
While that's true, it's really only displayed that with things like prostetics and fillings. Reletivly large objects that aren't simi-alive.

It really all depends on whether the Thing cells have nuclei. If yes, Necora wins. If no, incon, cause the virus is probably too small to expell.

Also @Edward, the virus can't do nothing to the Thing without a nucleus

But the Thing still has DNA, it's how the copying works (i think). No, yes it is. The assimilation process is the Thing taking in DNA from it's hosts and then using that DNA to structure a new form. Remember the Thing-o-morph?

EDIT: Actually I think the Thing-o-morph talk was on your wall, but you know what I'm getting at.

Yeah, I remember. In that case, the Thing doesn't have a leg to stand on. The virus can enter the Thing cells, take the DNA and RNA of the Thing's cells, and restructure that to produce more viri. Which tends to kill the host cell in the process

So, Necora win then. and what you're saying is the Thing isn't actually a threat cause the common cold can kill as soon as someone sick is assimilated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back