• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
There are 2 Imposters Among Us.
2 parasitic shape-shifting aliens face off. (I wonder why this hasn't been done yet.)
The Thing (John Carpenter) vs. The Impostor (Among Us)

--------------------------------------------------------------
Fight takes place on the Skeld, giving the Impostor the home field advantage.

There are 10 crew mates. The Thing has assimilated a crew mate and the Impostor has turned into one.

Speed equalized.

Win conditions for The Thing is if it kills/assimilates everyone on the ship.

Win conditions for The Impostor is if they successfully kill The Thing via ejecting it or just flat out killing it.

Impostor: 1

The Thing: 1

Last edited:
the impostor killing the thing is out the window so the only way for them to win is via getting the rest of the crew to eject it which i believe it could do

Does the crew even stand a chance against the Thing? All it needs to do is just rush everyone as they have no weapons to fight back.

well from what i know the thing prefers to kill off people one by one same as the impostor so it rushing the crew down would be unlikely

Well, if it knows that nothing can harm it, it seems reasonable to just infect everyone before it can be ejected. In the prequel, it has shown to be more aggressive.

... What?

The Thing absolutely curbstomps. They have literally zero way to stop it, and unlike The Imposter, even if they find it out, The Thing is just going to flip it's shit and kill everyone.

That's not even incon since, one, the other crewmates could do it, two, The Thing could do it alone via splitting in two if it really, really needed to.

Ejecting the Thing is only a wincon if they can actually get it into the airlock to eject it and even then it can still leave a bit of itself behind to continue the process. Plus, I'm pretty sure there aren't any weapons in the game so there is no reason for the Thing to even play it subtle. It can just run around assimilating people without repercussions. Clearly the reason no one has done this match up is because it's a horrible stomp in the Thing's favor. Now MacReady vs the Imposter could be an interesting match, but I'd need to make up his profile first.

Sabotage can give Impostor a big advantage. He could turn off the lights and then just nuke Skeld with reactor sabotage and close the doors to reactor. Him being able to sabotage only one thing at once is likely a game mechanic.

the thing could also likely find a way to get around the doors since it's a shapeshifting alien and all

It can't fix the reactor alone. And Impostor's guns are 9-B, enough to at least destroy thing, forcing it to waste time by regenerating.

ok then they might be human but the impostors gun is rated 9-C right now and will be treated so in this match
you can make a CRT about this to get their gun upgraded later

Back