• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Simpsons upgrade.

Well, these two calculations were accepted.

So everyone would scale to Class K in Lifting Strength, but what about 8-A? My opinion is that we should take it as something that doesn't physically scale the characters, and Homer only survived because he is resistant to radiation, so we would just add to Homer's profile "8-A with Radiation Manipulation". I also think that it is necessary to choose which of the two results of the calculation of 8-A to take into account.

Agree: 4 (@JustANormalLemon, @Pugao_03, @Jason_Courne, @Colonel_Krukov)

Last edited:
Seems good. I'd add make it 8-A with radiation manipulation personally, and I'd also confirm which end was accepted for clarification.

Seems good. I'd add make it 8-A with radiation manipulation personally, and I'd also confirm which end was accepted for clarification.
Well, the staff member who accepted my calculation did not tell me which end to use, but I suppose we can determine it here. In my opinion, it makes more sense to use the second end (the one with the 196 tons of TNT) since that calculation is more correct for this type of feat where something heats up and evaporates.

The second feat was an earthquake that reached Washington, so it can give much more than just 8-A
Nah that was just the National Museum of Sight Gags, which means it likely didn't reach Washington DC (which makes sense considering the shot right after takes place in Springfield, so it doesn't make sense to go Springfield > Washington > Springfield)

It'd probably be something like "8-A via Sound Manipulation (His D'oh can create earthquakes capable of ripping apart the ground and collapsing structures)" but it'd still give consistency with 8-A radiation manipulation

Well, the staff member who accepted my calculation did not tell me which end to use, but I suppose we can determine it here. In my opinion, it makes more sense to use the second end (the one with the 196 tons of TNT) since that calculation is more correct for this type of feat where something heats up and evaporates.
You should probably ask them on the calc itself, for when people view it later down the line.

Bump.

You should probably ask them on the calc itself, for when people view it later down the line.
I have already asked the calc group member which end of the 8-A calculation to use (I asked him twice and pinged him both times) on the blog where he accepts the calculation and even wrote to him on his message wall. At this point, I'm assuming he's ignoring me for some reason. I'm sure we can determine ourselves which end to use, since I obviously won't receive a response from the CGM.

From my point of view, it makes more sense to use the temperature change end.

Should be okay then ig.

Massive disagree
Ignoring how the LS calc link is dead, how are both of these not massive outliers?
Not to mention the radiation feat is just nonsense in terms of the physics since Homer caused a nuclear meltdown without any nuclear material inside the truck, seriously why is this even being used when this clearly does not scale to anything the guy can do in a consistent manner

Ignoring how the LS calc link is dead
Link fixed.
how are both of these not massive outliers?
Why would they be outliers? 8-A doesn't scale to anyone except Homer with Radiation Manipulation, it doesn't scale to physical stats or anything, Homer only survived because he's resistant to radiation.
Not to mention the radiation feat is just nonsense in terms of the physics since Homer caused a nuclear meltdown without any nuclear material inside the truck
Should I point out how ridiculous seek sense is in a cartoon where a character can hear desserts, lose his heart or brain without dying, or materialize thought bubbles? It's a cartoon, man. Additionally, Homer already has Radiation Manipulation and resistance to it in his profile for this same feat. The nuclear meltdown happened anyway, even if it seems like something that doesn't make sense.

Should I point out how ridiculous seek sense is in a cartoon where a character can hear desserts, lose his heart or brain without dying, or materialize thought bubbles? It's a cartoon, man. Additionally, Homer already has Radiation Manipulation and resistance to it in his profile for this same feat. The nuclear meltdown happened anyway, even if it seems like something that doesn't make sense.
I mean ideally Homer would not have a page, but I'm not going to use this thread to propel that idea.
But either way if the page uses a one off gag as a basis for a power then the page is being stupid. The Simpsons isn't a loony show where reality is whatever you want, it's decently grounded with some wacky elements. Also on the first one you can justify that by saying Homer's insane.

But either way if the page uses a one off gag as a basis for a power then the page is being stupid.
I mean, Homer usually uses his "powers" to do some really powerful things besides nuclear fusion, those kinds of things include a 7-B earthquake.

The feat still happened, so if there's no reasoning for it to be an outlier, then there's no reason not to add it. Especially since it's just something Homer has with a random ability that he never used in any fight, and it doesn't scale at all to the character's physical stats.

As for Lifting Strength, same thing, if there's no reasoning for it to be an outlier, then I see no reason not to add it.

The idea that a character as iconic as Homer Simpson shouldn't have a page is frankly ridiculous. Based on how we treat other wacky, zainy cartoon characters and the precedent in Homer's page (just look at his 'resurrection' lol), there's no reason to discard it simply on it not making sense. If anything, there being no fissile material in the van would imply that it is Homer's doing.

However, I don't see any of this reflecting on Homer's stats. This was done by a Homer who had no idea what he was doing, with a set of equipment that he wouldn't have in any other scenario, that ultimately isn't combat applicable. Even with the kindest interpretation, this would only be 8-A environmental destruction via toon force

I also disagree with the lifting strength. There's no way that the hurricane was exerting 1.5 million newtons of force upwards when Homer got lifted up that slowly AND the only other damage at that point was the window binders flapping about. Also this is 27x Homer's other lifting strength feats, which consistently put him in Class 10.

The idea that a character as iconic as Homer Simpson shouldn't have a page is frankly ridiculous. Based on how we treat other wacky, zainy cartoon characters and the precedent in Homer's page (just look at his 'resurrection' lol), there's no reason to discard it simply on it not making sense. If anything, there being no fissile material in the van would imply that it is Homer's doing.
The ideal would be to nuke those pages too tbh
Either way yah I agree with the above

However, I don't see any of this reflecting on Homer's stats. This was done by a Homer who had no idea what he was doing, with a set of equipment that he wouldn't have in any other scenario, that ultimately isn't combat applicable. Even with the kindest interpretation, this would only be 8-A environmental destruction via toon force

I also disagree with the lifting strength. There's no way that the hurricane was exerting 1.5 million newtons of force upwards when Homer got lifted up that slowly AND the only other damage at that point was the window binders flapping about. Also this is 27x Homer's other lifting strength feats, which consistently put him in Class 10.
Well, I guess I'm okay with ruling out the LS. But I still think we can use 8-A as "8-A with Radiation Manipulation", since it was Homer who created the radiation that did that.

It would still just be environmental destruction at best since there's nothing showing he can transfer 'making a van radioactive' into an actually usable attack.

Back