• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Shrek Discussion Thread

dacf9589868a2f4588d720a0d2d151df47ac3d6b.png

Music (And not the one you would think).

Here to discuss Shrek related things.

First of which I would like to give the following new found info and what you all could probably have any thoughts for:

Ones that have been brought up from the "Shrek V. Gru." thread bout is that Shrek survived the dragon's fire breath which has the potent enough energy (That is also mentioned in Shrek's dura page.) To skeletonize humans in heavy armor and even said to melt through stone including metal purposes which should amount to something higher then the current wall rating. as a plus to this, as seen in the same ghost of farquad special not only has he reacted to these fireballs but also his farts alone can literally extinguish the stone dragon counterpart's fire which collided with the actual Dragon's breath AND Dragon's breath can go THIS DEEP through a tiny mountain.

other things include is the scaling to Puss in Boots, Puss has some yet to have calc's

AP/Dura:

- Puss launched someone this far away with just a single sword swing.

- What seems to be his most impressive feat in this category yet is having survived getting hurled from the desert to a town from a whirlwind.

Speed:

- This one's a bit of a weird one but it is worth mentioning that Puss did dodge a magic blast, Of which somewhat resembles electricity or lightning.

Lifting Strength:

- Puss managed to rein in a Giant Goose. (Fair reminder that said Giant Goose is still shown to be huger compared to other the buildings there. The Giant goose is strong enough to engulf/collapse half of huge portions of a bridge, She got stuck but then removed the giant rubble away.)

- If all is said and done the most interesting thing of all is... would this perhaps scale to Shrek himself? As Shrek is still said to be much stronger than Puss who could wrestle bulls even as a little kid, Which just goes to show how casual Puss is in comparison and Shrek can overpower Puss with just one arm.

Also I think if memory serves it was brought up before but I want to see what you think if it can be measured, Shrek is stronk enough to push/tip over this huge metallic cauldron filled to the brim with magic based liquid. Which actually got calced by user Stefano4444 Credits go to him the madlad.

Calc:

Shrek flipping the cauldron.

Shrek's height = 169 pixels (Black Line) = 7 ft to 8 ft or 2.1336 cm to 2.4384 cm.

For the sake of low balling i will go with 7 ft.

Also i will not count the magic liquid since its density was never mention and it wouldn't probably change the result.

Cauldron's height = 414 pixels (Red Line) = 2.1336 *(414/169) = 5.22668876 cm

Cauldron's length = 330 pixels (Blue Line) = 2.1336 *(330/169) = 4.16620118 cm

Volume (Cylinder) = pi*(4.16620118/2)^2*5.22668876 = 71.2519896 m^3

Hollowness (90%) = 71.2519896*10% = 7.12519896 m^3

For the material used, it seen to be either Iron or Copper, so will do both ends.

Density (Copper) = 7.12519896*8950 = 63770.5307 kg or 70.2949773 tons = Class 100

Density (Iron) = 7.12519896*7874 = 56103.8166 kg or 61.8438716 tons = Class 100

Potential Shrek comics:

Not many know this but Shrek possibly has some potential Tier 2 canon comics, yes you heard me right it initially surprised me as well. The stone dragon and ghost situation does go down somewhat similarly.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
in a deleted scene, shrek threw donkey into space. his canon counterpart might be capable of doing the same thing, but i'm not sure.

also, the volume of shrek's roar should be calced. it's so loud, it can create gusts of wind. this wind is powerful enough to blow humans away, which means it can travel at 45 mph, at the least. that ought to **** up some organs.

lastly, the potion power-ups from the shrek 2 game should be added to the profile.

And separate of videogames, there's this game I played as a kid called "Shrek: Reekin' havoc" And there are some interesting things to note here:

Beanstalk stage:

Pirate stage, Peter Pan's shadow:

Duloc:

in a deleted scene, shrek threw donkey into space. his canon counterpart might be capable of doing the same thing, but i'm not sure.

also, the volume of shrek's roar should be calced. it's so loud, it can create gusts of wind. this wind is powerful enough to blow humans away, which means it can travel at 45 mph, at the least. that ought to **** up some organs.

lastly, the potion power-ups from the shrek 2 game should be added to the profile.
The dunkey through space thing seems impressive alright. Too bad it's deleted I don't know if it counts sadly.

And yeah sound like that should amount to something alright.

I dunno about the Shrek 2 game as power ups in his profile but it would be neat if by any chance they are included. I remember playing Shrek Super Slam so long ago and yes there are some borderline Building level+ Feats in that game though.

Last edited:
i did a rough lowballed calc of the dragon's mountain carving feat and got around 66 tons of tnt
JESUS CHRIST 66 TONS???

It should be a lot either way, Apparently the text goes Shrek survived a blast of fire from the dragon which has Small Building energy since it skeletonized a human maybe much more as that dense blast may grant Shrek an upgrade, more so with puss's feats.

Last edited:
It appears to be a bolt of lightning, which would be impressive if it wasn't for the seemingly average, elderly man blocking it in the same scene.

yeah, but if an old man can react to it, it's probably not that fast
That is the only fast thing I could remember sadly, Nevertheless it should still be something to include given this is more of a fantasy verse we're dealing with.

What about this one scene from Shrek 3? Slow it down a bit and Donkey is seen moving his head tracking this magic projectile thing from Merlin. And I'm certain its faster then mere Subsonic and something that shouldn't create too many issues.

Last edited:
What do you reckon if you guessed?
looking back at the scene where she blows a hole through a mountain, that hole could fit two dragons in it at once. the dragon is 100 ft long from head to leg, and considering that her tail makes up half her length, we can assume that the dragon is 200 ft long from head to tail. since both dragons are the same size more or less, this means that the tunnel was at least 400 ft long, or 122 meters. the fireball created that tunnel in roughly a second, so the fireballs can, at the least, move at 122 m/s. keep in mind that the fireball could have kept going after it went through the mountain and that the rocks it destroyed were slowing it down so it's probably even faster

looking back at the scene where she blows a hole through a mountain, that hole could fit two dragons in it at once. the dragon is 100 ft long from head to leg, and considering that her tail makes up half her length, we can assume that the dragon is 200 ft long from head to tail. since both dragons are the same size more or less, this means that the tunnel was at least 400 ft long, or 122 meters. the fireball created that tunnel in roughly a second, so the fireballs can, at the least, move at 122 m/s. keep in mind that the fireball could have kept going after it went through the mountain and that the rocks it destroyed were slowing it down so it's probably even faster
Nice detail.

as for puss' whirlwind feat, is a distance between the desert and the town ever specified? like, is there a map or anything? if so we can calc it, although i doubt it'll even manage to reach 9-A

as for puss' whirlwind feat, is a distance between the desert and the town ever specified? like, is there a map or anything? if so we can calc it, although i doubt it'll even manage to reach 9-A
This was from the Netflix series if I recall? I don't truly know, it was added and I thought it was interesting to mention, though it seemed like a far distance.

Last edited:
i'm already calcing the dragon's mountain feat.
you are? I thought you said you weren't as savvy with calcs? But okay. And maybe then this could upgrade Shrenk. And the guy did take a blast from the Dronkey's in the fourth movie who shouldn't be too far off.

Last edited:
i keep trying to make the calc, but the page ends up refreshing and i lose all my progress, so that's pretty annoying
Tell me about it. Now while it seems abilities were confirmed for the character I was working on, the same happened to me man.

Could you recall what you actually got? I'm curious.

Back