• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Second FC/OC Tournament: The Island Brawl

Drag-O-Drawgon

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Yes, we're already doing it. If you couldn't tell by the title, this is the 6-C (Island level) Tourney.

Link to the 1st tournament for reference.

Rules

• Characters must be within 6-C (pretty obvious).
    • The subtier High 6-C doesn't count
  • No overpowered hax (Standards are pretty similar to the first one). A ban list will be at the bottom of this post
  • One character per verse. Example: If I picked SOLSTICE, I can't pick anyone else from Starcross.
  • Two submissions per person max
    • Exception may be made if not enough people submit stuff, in which a third entry per person may be made
  • You may submit someone else's character. However, you must at the very least notify them via their message wall.
  • No Changing any stats or powers once a character has been submitted. Violations of this rule will result in that character's removal. Minor edits such as grammar, formatting, etc. can be made.
    • If the character submitted was someone else's (Other than the one who submitted it), and they didn't know, then the character won't be removed, but the creator should be notified.
  • Characters are expected to have higher quality than the bare minimum. Standards are something similar to that of Tier 1 standards. Requirements include things like: Justifications on all stats (Except Striking Strength and Durability (If scaled to AP only, you have to justify if it is different)). Stats that are a common assumption due to being unknown or is rated at unknown also do not need justification. Justifications should have apparent effort in them, things such as "Island level (Destroyed an island casually)" and "Massively FTL+ (Fought beings that are this fast)" and things such as that will not be accepted.
  • Characters created after the creation of this thread are expected to have greater quality than ones created before. This is to help prevent characters made for the sake of this tourney. Characters who have had their stats or powers edited after this thread was created are also expected to have greater quality.
Tournament Stuff

• This Tournament will be in doubles (Teams of two)
  • 16 characters (8 teams)
  • Bronze Match is included (Match between losers of semifinals for 3rd place)
  • A bonus round for the winners is included, which will be against someone from the main site. Which they will probably not wi
  • Speed will be equalized most rounds. Speed will be unequal IF the characters fighting have the same speed rating (Except MFTL+ and above) and are not on apparent opposite ends.
Challengers

Arenas

Ban List
Note: This are just some examples. Hax that can be seen as OP such as these are all banned. Some of these may even be allowed, if said abilities had a limitation that made them not so OP.

• Reality Warping
  • Conceptual Manipulation (Of any kind)
  • Quantum Manipulation
  • One Hit Kill (Most forms of it)
  • Immortality (Type 4, 5, and 9)
  • Regenerationn (Low High and above)
  • Statistics Amplification above 6-C. (This one is actually a rule not due to OPness, but the fact this is a 6-C tourney) Note that any stat amp techniques that cannot stay within 6-C are not nerfed down to it, but just restricted. If they can stay within the tier, they are allowed. A form of statistics amping over time will be capped at peak 6-C if doesn't jump over it. Massive speed amping will likely be banned.
Note 2: If a character only has 1 or 2 OP abilities, then those can be restricted (But not added to the profiles due to a new rule addition coming soon). If they have a lot, then they can't be in this tournament.

Give me an spot for an upcoming character im currently doing the design of. A reservation.

I'll post the character when im done with it, but for now, just do that.

Ahhhh so close.

I was initially gonna use Sir Crimson but he lacks justifications and such.

Then I was gonna use Godzilla Despair but he's likely OP due to the reactive evolution and 6-C via... walking.

Edit:

I have one more 6-C!

Level XX key. The abilities would be anything duplication and before. Very very versatile with Power Up Items, plus there's two of them!

Good person too, great at communicating and completely willing to use teamwork (This IS doubles afterall).

If Ex Aid is going in, I'd suggest going in to the Energy Items page to look at all the power ups and status effects Ex-Aid can use. Since there's stuff like ability nullification (The End), Precognition (Prediction), Reflection (Reflect), Health Swap (Reverse Power Up, Swap your current state with the opponent's), Probability Manipulation (Lucky Power Up), Technically Time Reversal as well as Resurrection (Save), and Genuisization (Increase intelligence to such a point that you miss almost no details on all your surroundings in order to create a "Perfect" battle plan).

That's like... mostly the standard power-ups. Honestly I wouldn't mind if you banned him off either because he's so damned versatile.

I'll leave stuff out like Supernova (That causes a star to explode on your opponent. Yes I'm serious) and the rider summoning (This can get broken quickly, like 1 Hit KO Existence Erasure with Decade or Para-DX who can manipulate these power up items to form even stronger ones!) obviously.

The Save thing is definitely OP, but I don't think Kamen just gets banned out of the tournament.

All of the super OP stuff seems to be near the bottom, Halt, The End (Which would likely already get restricted if it is above 6-C anyways, I'm assuming it is above that tier), and Save are a bit OP. Depending on how Bug works, that might also be OP. So I think he can squeeze through.

Is he using everything on the page like the "others" as well?

Looking at the page itself, Duplication and before look fine. The things within the key duplication is in, Conceptual manipulation and Info manipulation is a no no.

Bracelets are made of amazonium which is considired to be this strong.

They're the size of islands, so it's baseline at minimum.

I disagree.

You should've stated that they're that size on it's profile because well. I already explained why.

It's about quality. And those justifications are not of enough quality. End of story.

Lol, dictatorship much.

Well when the alternative is crappy profiles that are extremely wanked, I'd take the Hammer and Sickle and mess fools up any day.

Yeah, but they're not crappy or wanked.

>No justification

>Not Crappy or Wanked

make a selection sir

There clearly are justifications.

Anyway, there's no point in continuing this since there not going to be added.

Rattling on about *quality* really dose take away from the thing this stuff is supposed to be ment for which is fun...even still I can understand asking that there are justifications on profiles but when the OC rule page says there optional don't just call a page bad quality for not having them..

The profiles seem fine to me. I just think he should've said that amazonium is considered to be that strong and the Uber Parasite is that size. But yeah, can we just continue please?

Peppypony said:
Also, can I suggest something about how the tournament could work?
Yes.

But looking further into Uber Parasite, his absorption ability may be too OP. (Although I will wait towards the end of the recruitment to judge that)

Quality thing is fine, justifications are good. Even if its baseline, it is ok. Probably Drag meant he doesn't want to see things like MHS+ with no justifications. I would say too that like profiles with omega linx quality are rare and would make this tourney slow for gathering. I know there are a lot of decent profiles there, even if they don't get accepted, there is a thing called edit and you can submit characters again after the edit.

Speaking of editing for further quality after a reject to get it in, Yes I will allow it and would even encourage it.

Ok, @Colonel just add justification for the Bracelet durability, and you will be fine and I can add Wonder Woman.

Okay. So I'm thinking seperating four different characters different by groups. Lemme give you an example of how the tournament could work? I hope you can understand this clearly?

GROUP 1

Character A:

Character B:

Character C:

Character D:

Soooo how about this? Let's say if A lost a match against B. D also lost a match against C. That means A will fight D in the next round. Since B and C won a match, they both have to fight each other. Throughout the rest of the tournament, whoever loses after their first match is out of the tournament.

Soooo since sixteen characters can enter this tournament, 16 ├À 4 = 4. There are four groups sooo.

Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

Group 4

Whoever is the last one standing in group 1 fights whoever the last one standing in group 2 and the final group 3 member fights the last group 4 member. Then after two matches there will be only two characters left in the tournament which will be the final match and obviously whoever wins that match wins the tournament.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Yes, but I thought just the doubles (teams of two) mentioned in the OP was good, but this format can be used for Tournament 3. Although I will let someone

Doing teams of two like this results in two groups, so it could work, I'll think about it.

Oh! Drag, The Info Manip. and Concept Manip are both abilities of level 99, not level XX. You're talking about the key after level XX. Sorry if it's a little hard to differentiate.

Edit:

Ex-Aid is able to use all the Energy Items, including Others, Astro, Upgrade, etc.

Although most of the OP things are in the standard energy items, which is the ones that are likely restricted. Along with Supernova. Definitely restricted.

Ok then, given we have to restrict only a few of the power ups (I mentioned them), I think he can get in (With the noted restrictions, of course)

I'll go ahead and make a list of the Restricted, Possibly/Likely Restricted, and "Free Game" power ups later to avoid confusion :p

Would adding locations be more interesting rather than going with SBA?

All that would be needed is a location for each match.

Ok. Wonder Woman is now OK. Uber Parasite can get in, but the absorption/converting ability needs restriction, since it would be a passive near insta win hax.

Oh!

You talking about battlefield reminded me of something. I wasn't sure what ability this was, possibly teleportation?

All Ex-Aid riders, like the series, are able to change the battle field with "Stage Select" ability.

Pretty much at the beginning of this video, we see this ability in action.

Not sure if you want to restrict it or not, it just gives Ex-aid the option to nullify any homefield advantages a battlefield might give.

Edit:

So I was mistaken, that video shows the options but isn't actually used.

Here's the ********* video of it. Kamen Rider Snipe changes the field from a bunch of office complexes to a gravel field with barrels for example.

Can it be used on nearby matter only, or is it fully restricted?

Small Map (Armax Arsenal Arena)

Very Large Map (Phobos)

Edit: I can dump a whole load of maps if nobody else is interested in adding locations.

@Akreious Eh, that's not too much. Since no one probably will have home field advantage anyway.

@Colonel If it's shown to do that, then yes, that's fine. It just can't do that to the opponent on touch or something like that.

Yeah, anything biological like plants and flesh is possible, just not from the opponent is fine.

How many maps does there need to be/do you want?

Ok. I'll add Uber Parasite with the restriction noted.

Not sure. I'll think about that later. The two you posted don't seem bad, so I can have a list.

Back