• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Operator CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a bit hard to find scans since most of this is basically from quests or gameplay. But i can give full details on some of the ones i can't find scans for.

1) Body Puppetry- Basically the warframes move because The Operators control them, that's it. It's basically the whole idea of the verse.

2) Do i need scans for this? This is basically a downgrade as we do see old tenno. For the source material of that picture you can check here.

3) The Tenno do not exist inside the warframes. They used to rest in the Moon, though due to certain events they now rest itheir space ships i a certain room. Said space ship is the same one that travels the solar system while the warframes still remain functional.

4) A bit hard to find proof for this. I guess i'll just give you proof later once i get in game and take a screenshot of the Operator's projection form.

For the man in the wall examples it'll take me a bit more time to find screenshots for TMiTW being the embodiment of void energy.

I meant mostly for the resistances, absorption and sealing.

1 is fine based on the stuff you told me on the Limbo thread, 2 is also fine, 3 i suppose is fine but i'd like to know what proves it, i'd like to see a scan for 4 if possible, and i'll leave the decision about the profile's structure to you guys since i'm not knowledgeable

Kaltias said:
I meant mostly for the resistances, absorption and sealing.
1 is fine based on the stuff you told me on the Limbo thread, 2 is also fine, 3 i suppose is fine but i'd like to know what proves it, i'd like to see a scan for 4 if possible, and i'll leave the decision about the profile's structure to you guys since i'm not knowledgeable
I edited the msg so you can read it again for proof on 3.

Resistances come from Absorption and Sealing. There is this being called The Man in The Wall who is the embodiment of Void Energy (I can find scans for that though it'll take a lil bit). And Rell (a certain autstic tenno, i don't mean it as an insult btw, he actually suffers from autsim) who was left behind cus the others disliked him due to his autism, discovered this being (The Man in The Wall) and took him inside himself absorbing and sealing the dude in the process. When Rell was..."at his limits" (after with holding TMiTW for too long) the other Tenno (the player) Absorbed him instead sealing him inside their bodies this time.

As for the resistances it again comes from TMiTW. Anyone who gets in contact with Void Energy gets corrupted in mind, body and soul. Opponents who go to the void become slaves to it. Though the tenno are different they don't get corrupted by it and the void energy cannot affect their mind and soul.

Possession and Body Puppetry comes again from void energy as TMiTW was sealed inside their bodies and didn't have the capability to use void energy (which he is literally the embodiment of) to manipulate their bodies like the Tenno use to control other beings.

The best proof i can give for the whole Man in the wall thingy i guess is link you to a gameplay of the quest so that you won't miss context and stuff.

3 is fine in this case.

I'll check the other stuff when you'll have the screenshots

Ok so i tired to get "proof" for 4 (Pseudo Astral Projection).

Here you can see the operator coming out of the warframe in the form of pure void energy (which he normally can't as the operator is a material living body, not pure energy. And when he goes back into the warframe he still transforms into the form of energy. The same thing happens if this projection is destroyed by outside forced (if it's attacked). And this is all while the operator is flying around the solar system with his spaceship.

I'm still going through the quests to find the scan for the man in the wall. Soon enough i'll bring proof for Void Energy being capable of all those effects i mentioned on point 5).

Here are the "Corrupted" members of the grennier, corpus and even infested who have entered the void and have been brain washed and turned into slaves. The void corrupted their souls and minds and turned them into soldiers who even defy their previous masters (corrupted enemies will even attack grennier, corpus and infested members). I linked you to the wiki so that you can see all of them along with a bit of context instead of just screenshoting part of the gameplay.

Possession and Body Puppetry resistance: Obviously Body Puppetry comes from the fact that Void can control even mindless and souless beings like the warframes. While possession comes from similar examples though from Umbra who is the only warframe to have a mind (and likely soul aswell) of his own, yet the tenno possessed him.

About The Man in The Wall sealing and absorption:

Here is The Man in The Wall as a projection of the operator inside the ship after the operator absorbed him.

For more context though here is a you tube video explaining the harrow quest (the quest including The Man in The Wall and the operator absorbing him).

I am finding trouble finding scans for "TMiTW is the embodiment of void energy" so that's why im linking you to the video.

1)This is fine

2)This is fine

3)Should be Cross-Dimensional or Cross universal.I'll explain why below.

4)Although technically "not true" by the definition of the Astral Projection profile, there is no other power on this wiki that would fit better than Astral Projection.If there is a power on this wiki that allows one to do what Astral Projection does exept with consciousness and mind, that would fit better.

5)I agree with all except maybe soul manipulation.I don't remember anything about souls being a thing in Warframe, although the little we can infer about souls is that they are heavily connect to Operators,Transferance and the Void but nothing definite I guess possible soul manipulation could work.Also, I wouldn't speculate too much about The Man in The Wall, he is too mysterious and little is known about him and what he truly is as seen with Rell and Lotus having contradictory information about his origin.

6)This seems like more of a feat for The Man in the Wall.The Operator doesn't really seal or absorb anything, they just take on the burden of being bothered by The Man in the Wall.

7)I agree

8)I guess that could work, or have the projections be tied with the warframe pages.

9)I don't know much about immortality stuff but technically they would have this.

Okay, now onto the Void.

The Void is described as:

A "The endless Void... The gazing abyss... The bottomless ocean of horror..." - the Grineer Queens viewing the Operator's memories in the Void

"Could it be that there's a plane between our normal plane and the Void? A space between space? A Rift? A Rift that this Limbo could control?" -Ordis describing the Rift.What Ordis implies is the normal universe and the Void are unconnected further proven by the Second Dream quest in which you need to bring the moon out of the Void before it collapse.The collapse of the Void would mean the Moon would be destroyed from the "weight of the Void" as Hunhow said and the Operator would be lost in Void.

"The grownups are howling at the door... drowning mad in the Void ocean but you... You are at ease swimming within the depths. You remember then how the howling stopped. They had broken through." - The Grineer Queens viewing the Operator's memories in the Void.The Void causing maddess in those that are inside of it which along with describing the Void it also proves the Void is once again seperate from the normal universe.

Hell, Void fissures are enough to prove the Void is seperate from the regular universe.

So with all that said about the Void, Cross-dimensional or Cross-universal range for the Operator's Puppetry is seems applicable.

3) Well that would be if we tie the range of the void to the ability the operators have to control it. I put it as solar system level. If the operators can control the whole void then the range would be Low Multiversal (2 universes), because we know for a fact the Void is a different dimension (Even it's first description IIRC is "The void is an extra-dimensional energy" so...).

4) Not exactly consciousness or minds, more like clones. As they don't share the mind/consciousness of the operator otherwise it would have been possible to hurt the operator through his projections which we know ain't the case. More like a version of Astral Projection where it creates and controls avatars similarly to warframes. Which is why i said Pseudo-Astral Projection.

5) Actually the warframes have been described as "soulless" (which means the others should have souls) and unless Iapitus gets the revisions on souls accepted unless a verse is specifically said to not have souls then it will be assumed as though they do. About TMiTW Rell's origin seems to be the best one given that the Lotus can and has been wrong about stuff before whereas Rell has literally lived with that being inside of him.

6) Yes but Rell (A tenno) actually absorbed and sealed him, as in, it didn't let him get out and then chained himself along with TMiTW

8) I hadn't thought about it, but i'd say The Operators should have them given that they are The Operator's projections and have nothing to do with the warframes outside of they fight alongside the warframes.

@Firephoenixearl

4)I agree, but I wasn't saying they shared the same mind as the Operator, what I was trying to say is that they where projected with the Operators conciousness and nothing related to projecting the soul like Astral Projection implies.And as Kaltias says Avatar Creation fits better.

5)To explain why I believe that either souls don't exist in Warframe or are heavily linked with conciousness, it would take too long and probably a hefty explanation page but a simple answer for now is:Warframes being called soulless is just a way of saying they are robots, they were more recently stated to be "the body" and the Operator called "the mind", everything related to Warframes,Operators, and Tenno all linked back to Transferance. We don't know anything concrete about The Man in the Wall or what he exactly is to even conclude he is related to souls given that even Palladino's and Rell's explanation implies that it's something different entirely from a spirit.But the point is, we must wait until we had a definitive answer about souls and wether or not Operator's can manipulate or have resistances to soul based things, which shouldn't take long with The Man in the Wall being shown more and more as of late.

6)Don't think that's combat applicable or something he can do on his own, since it required the Red Veil and chaining of Harrow with him inside it to do.After the quest, The Man in the Wall then goes after the other Operators thanks to being unsealed.

4) Ok i missunderstood, my bad.

5) Well that would give them immunity to soul based attacks. But ok once that happens we can upgrade this point i don't mind waiting.

6) There are abilities in character's profiles that are not combat applicable. Also restraining harrow was so that TMiTW couldn't escape, he still managed to absorb and seal him temporarily the chains of harrow and red veil's help was more to strengthen the seal.

Also, I think the range can be even higher or more "haxer" at least for the Operator's range for Transgerance. I don't remember what mission it was but there was a mission that had Void cracks or something like that which took you back in time to get through the level in the future and even then the Operator still had control over the Warframe even when it was in the past, I can't remember the exact mission but I think it was on Lua.And also the Operator's power being able to able to work in Limbo's Rift also proves Cross-universal or Cross-dimensional range.

Yeah that was with LUA when it went back in time to before the moon was destroyed to get around the level.

So just Time Travel + 4D range basically (so can affect multiple universes and can even keep the connection through time)?

Basically, but we have to keep in mind that this is for the connection between the Warframe and Operator, not the range of the attacks that the Warframe and Operator's Avatar can reach themselves when fighting.

Dienomite22 said:
Basically, but we have to keep in mind that this is for the connection between the Warframe and Operator, not the range of the attacks that the Warframe and Operator can reach themselves when fighting.
Well yes the range is that. In a fighting scenario it'd likely look something like, if the operator is banished into the past or time haxed, the warframe still fights.

While the time travel would actually be combat applicable.

So what are the conclusions here?

Antvasima said:
So what are the conclusions here?
1) Body Puppetry (Transference)

2) Swap immortality type 1 with "likely Longevity" since we know they do get old.

3) Range: Low Multiversal (At least 3 universes the normal one, the void and the rift) and 4D (idk how to put this) can keep transference up even if in different points in time.

4) Avatar Creation (Can project a copy of himself made out of void energy to fight along-side the warframes/ Can create void avatars)

5) Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Corruption, Possession, Body Puppetry (Contains The Man in the Wall who is the embodiment of the Void energy, an alien energy across the entire universe coming from an interdimensional space called The Void). Soul Manipulation all though it would be a fair assumption Dienomite might have an argument for souless verse so it's best to leave the Soul Manip thing until then (a separate thread).

6) Absorption and Sealing (Sealed and contained TMiTW within his own body), though not all that combat applicable.

7) Remove Time Stream and Rift Sight

8) I'd say divide his profile into 2 keys of "true self" and "Projections".

9) Projections have immortality (2 are pure energy 3 same as above can just come back even if destroyed due to being just projections, 8 Reliant on void energy and true self, 9 their true selves are...their true selves)

10) Time Travel and the ability to have Transferrence (the link with the warframe) be unaffected by Time (Even if the operator is in the past or future he can still keep the transference up with present Warframe).

These are the agreed upon changes.

Okay, although the range should obviously not just state "low multiversal" without clarifying which ability it is for. Teleportation is not the same as energy blasts.

Also obviously, only the abilities that have been accepted by the staff can be applied.

Antvasima said:
Okay, although the range should obviously not just state "low multiversal" without clarifying which ability it is for. Teleportation is not the same as energy blasts.
Well the range would be applicable to most powers as they all come from the use of Void Energy which is the thing that can be used across different dimensions. Though the time ignoring thing would only apply to Transferrence though. But yes we only have full proof for Transferrence so the range should look something like this:

Range: Low Multiversal (When manipulating the energy of the void the operators can keep connection with the warframes and can affect them even when one of them is in the rift, furthermore the Void Energy comes from another dimension), Transferrence keeps the link throughout time.

Also i forgot to mention, The Operator should get Possession as well, not just resistance to it due to controling void energy and possessing even bodies that have a mind and consciousness like Umbra.

You can politely ask them to comment here again via their message walls, and tell them that I sent you.

By the way, has anything happened with the more important Warframe statistics revision?

Ok then i shall do so.

I don't think anything has happened yet. It is likely still being calced, im also really looking forward to seeing where the new calcs will put them as warframe is a really fun verse to debate.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

In lack of better options, I suppose that this does not seem particularly controversial to apply.

Thanks. Shpuld we close this then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back