• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Only Thing They Fear Is... You - DOOM Revisions (Complete Doom Guy Rework + Higher Tiering)

i'm leaning towards disagree on low 1-a, as these statements seem to contradict each other. how can a resource from a plane that's supposedly not bounded by dimensionality be extra-dimensional if it's formless and transcends dimensions in the first place?

also, if a plane is unbounded by the notion of dimensionality, how can it's inhabitants be trans/extra-dimensional, if for one to be able to be extra/trans-dimensional needs to have their existence tied to the notion of dimensions in the first place

i'm leaning towards disagree on low 1-a, as these statements seem to contradict each other. how can a resource from an existential plane that's supposedly not bounded by dimensionality be extra-dimensional if it's formless and transcends dimensions in the first place?

also, if a plane is unbounded by the notion of dimensionality, how can it's inhabitants be trans/extra-dimensional, if for one to be able to be extra/trans-dimensional needs to have their existence tied to the notion of dimensions in the first place

i'm leaning towards disagree on low 1-a, as these statements seem to contradict each other. how can a resource from a plane that's supposedly not bounded by dimensionality be extra-dimensional if it's formless and transcends dimensions in the first place?

The inhabitants being dimensioned isn't really a problem since low 1-A is still of physical composition. Only hell in it's entirety would be low 1-A out of sheer size.

The inhabitants being dimensioned isn't really a problem since low 1-A is still of physical composition. Only hell in it's entirety would be low 1-A out of sheer size.
hm. this doesn't seem to be the case. nowhere in those scans is stated that hell is just too large to be a dimensional space in it's own right, it is stated that the own nature of hell is formless, outside of dimensionality. according to bde page, there are two possible ways to argue that a plane of existence exceeds dimensionality as a whole, and shion uses the second by presenting these scans: according to it, not by size alone but by nature (as it is "ultimate" and "formless"), is qualitatively superior to dimensions

hm. this doesn't seem to be the case. nowhere in those scans is stated that hell is just too large to be a dimensional space in it's own right, it is stated that the own nature of hell is formless, outside of dimensionality. according to bde page, there are two possible ways to argue that a plane of existence exceeds dimensionality as a whole, and shion uses the second by presenting these scans: according to it, not by size alone but by nature (as it is "ultimate" and "formless"), is qualitatively superior to dimensions
The "formless" scan is used out of context by shion tbh

It's not referring to formlessness as in superiority over the physical but formlessness as in a place with non-physical characteristics and his rule being "formless" and "ultimate" in a more "abstract" and figurative sense than literal. So I think that should be removed from OP.

The Hell scan is referring to it being unlimited by any boundaries of space time or dimension which by being a "boundary", hell being unlimited or unbound by said boundaries would be in excess of size so it's not really any contradiction to say it has normally dimensioned subsections of its physical composition that dont reflect on the entirety of it.

man i really just yapped here

Last edited:
It's not referring to formlessness as in superiority over the physical but formlessness as in a place with non-physical characteristics and his rule being "formless" and "ultimate" in a more "abstract" and figurative sense than literal.
i see. yeah, that is a better interpretation. it's better to asume that the use of the word "formless" is just flowery language rather than taking those terms literally. it would be pretty stupid of the developers to describe hell as superior to all physical forms only for them to apply terms like dimension to it lol

So I think that the "formless" scan should be removed from OP.
i honestly think the same

The Hell scan is referring to it being unlimited by any boundaries of space time or dimension which by being a "boundary", hell being unlimited or unbound by said boundaries would be in excess of size so it's not really any contradiction to say it has normally dimensioned subsections of its physical composition that dont reflect on the entirety of it.
with the "formless" statement out of the way, then this interpretation becomes much more logical. @ShionAH switch my vote to fully agree with everything presented on the thread (man that "formless" statement was messing me up so bad)

man i really just yapped here
W yapping tbh

Formless doesnt support Low 1-A?
i mean, it maybe could (with a little bit of stretch and support from other statements), but there are multiple possible interpretations of that statement, and that interpretation comes into conflict with other statements

if we were to take the "formless" statement literally and say that hell is a construct beyond any physical form, by definition nothing that takes part in it would have dimensions

Last edited:
If I start from Low 1-A, a simple statement of "transcended space-time and dimensions" basically does not prove to you this superiority... You don't need qualitative superiority like 1-A, but you need quantitative superiority, but what the scan says is literally "Hell is unlimited by the boundaries of space, time, or dimension."

In short, it is unlimited, there is basically no expression of superiority here...

I will now come to Urdak 5-D;

If I interpret the scans in general, it is stated here that Urdak is a higher dimension that is a realm beyond technology, that is, instead of comparing the mortal realm/mortal timelines with Urdak, it only compares human technology with Urdak.

The only phrase left is "higher dimension" but there are 2 problems here;

1- High dimension according to what?
2- Is the expression "higher dimension" really used in a spatial sense?

But I didn't see the answer to these there... So "higher dimension" by itself is a very muddy area, an empty and unsupported statement... So I don't think it will be enough.
  • Additionally, usages of “Higher Dimension” should be treated with scrutiny, as “Dimension” is often times used to refer to places, and not directions in space, and as such the term can easily be used in the same sense as "Higher Realm/Plane" and similar verbiage. Context should be used to determine whether it truly refers to increased dimensionality.

Also the expression "unreachable" means that people cannot enter there using technology, in short, there is still no spatial expression.

All right, I will continue piece by piece...

The fact that hell is already timeless is the biggest reason why Maykrs who can see infinite timelines cannot see hell, using it as a support is not a good option

The power of hell can anhance beings to a higher plateau of existence.

But I will quote the sentence in full to better understand its context ;
The power to heal, to mend, immortality, knowledge and enlightened faculties beyond our understanding. With the demon's life force in the skilled hands of the Sentinel Priests, and under the righteous gaze of the Khan Maykr, our people would not only rise to victory over the unholy horde that clawed at our walls; we would move to a higher plateau of existence, ushering in a new era of military science and industrial healing. No Sentinel would grow sick, no Maykr would need suffer the Transfiguration that they so feared; all would be risen. None could ever oppose our peaceful ways and threaten our world again.
Well, when I quote the phrase in full, the "higher existence" mentioned here actually means greater powers... Knowledge, immortality, healing power and more, I know I've used it a lot here but this phrase, like a few others, is just used for "power explanation" ...

In fact, these powers are so great that even mortals cannot comprehend them... For example, mortals cannot comprehend immortality and infinite knowledge... Just these...

Page also says this;
Simply stating that something is from a Higher Plane or a Higher Existence does not necessarily imply the existence of an extradimensional axis in relation to 3-dimensional entities or objects. Statements that something is "higher-dimensional" also need to be interpreted in context, as authors at times use the term figuratively.
  • Additionally, usages of “Higher Dimension” should be treated with scrutiny, as “Dimension” is often times used to refer to places, and not directions in space, and as such the term can easily be used in the same sense as "Higher Realm/Plane" and similar verbiage. Context should be used to determine whether it truly refers to increased dimensionality.
So really... what you need is context
I have already explained this above, but this expression basically means that space, time and dimension are limitless. I don't think it's a superiority and if you remember I told you that, man.
And this is something that is fundamentally confused. What the scan says is that "3D beings are seen by hell as one-dimensional beings, not that a vast multiverse is seen by hell as one-dimensional"

At best, this means that Hell has an extra axis of 3D beings. And that basically gives it 4-D, because the comparison here is literally made for beings with a 3-D axis
When I look at the scan, mortals are basically accessing portals between space and time. But they can't graps hell... When I look at the scans, what people basically can't comprehend here is that "as fate ordained, there are higher powers and laws."

That this is basically... I don't think it makes spatial sense, maybe I'm missing something or maybe you have more, but the scan tells me that what people cannot grasp is the power and law as destiny wills it, it's basically a "power comparison." It doesn't give you anything in terms of axis, unless you have something extra.
Well, I will say the same things as above.

Extra-dimensional relative to what?”

Also, is the expression extra-dimensional used in a spatial sense here?

If I were to quote the phrase;

Experiments in this fringe science have been heavily criticized in the past as their development often involves "occult" like practices and the channeling of resources from poorly understood extradimensional resources.
You can see that the expression "extra-dimensional" here is not really used in a spatial sense, or rather, it is difficult to tell in what sense it is used just by looking at this sentence.

• Stating that something is Extra-Dimensional simply means it comes from outside of the regular 3-dimensional space. It does not necessarily mean that it has an extradimensional axis in contrast to 3-dimensional objects, without further context.
The HDE page states that extradimensional just means "out of dimension" unless used in a spatial sense... So... Actually the phrase I quoted is closer to that

I can't say I agree with the Urdak and Hell stuff in general... There are a lot of expressions, but they are far from the context needed for 5-D and 6-D, you will need context for that.

All of them seem like definite expressions at first glance (which is what I thought at first), but when I look at it completely, it turns out that they are used in very different meanings. Other than that, I totally agree with the CM 1 type and other abilities...

Edit: 5-D might be a possibility. But I don't think so...

If I start from Low 1-A, a simple statement of "transcended space-time and dimensions" basically does not prove to you this superiority... You don't need qualitative superiority like 1-A, but you need quantitative superiority, but what the scan says is literally "Hell is unlimited by the boundaries of space, time, or dimension."

In short, it is unlimited, there is basically no expression of superiority here...
Way to completely gloss over it.

It's unlimited as in space/time/dimensions are boundaries while Hell is unlimited by space/time/dimensions as boundaries.

That's a pretty cut and dry statement regarding superiority as it refers to Hell being unlimited by dimensions (which are considered boundaries) in a general sense.

Way to completely gloss over it.

It's unlimited as in space/time/dimensions are boundaries while Hell is unlimited by space/time/dimensions as boundaries.

That's a pretty cut and dry statement regarding superiority as it refers to Hell being unlimited by dimensions (which are considered boundaries) in a general sense.
It not said "space/time/ all dimensions", it literaly said "Hell is unlimited by the boundaries of space, time, or dimension." Both are different

Also assuming that mortals and being enter and exit Hell in more than one later on, that would be even muddier territory.

Quake is in the same multiverse as Doom I think, it doesnt really have anything that goes against it
It is a crossover:

For the purpose of the thread, there needs to establish that Quake is a canon crossover.

An example of a non-canon crossover is PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which is also a battle arena bringing warriors from across time and space:

Yes, being able to transform into a parasite and a Ghost due to pure hatred would he Type 6.
The transformation is specifically for "the deathly essence of slain Summoner demons, a rare caste in Hell."

Are there examples of humans or Night Sentinel transforming into parasite ghosts, instead of normal ghosts?

I am ok with Possibly Tier 6. But it is not stated that the Doom Slayer will automatically transform into a parasite ghost after death.

Idea I had was that the scan implies Demons can survive even when they should “die” which seems to be being turned into a skeleton in case of these guys. Yet Doom Guy can permanently kill them without needing to go past the skeleton phase or whatever is needed to kill them, he can do it with his shotgun

Plus you kinda ignored the other scan.
The skeleton phase is because they already died, and then were resurrected by others into cyborg monsters. The other scan is Quake-specific zombies, and would be an anti-feat for the supposed negation as it would mean Quake characters also can't kill them.

Lost Souls are souls that were able to create a physical form for themselves, yet when Doom Guy kills them they permanently die. Souls that can achieve physical forms die when Doom Guy hits them.
Since they have a physical form, they are not intangible.

Do you have evidence, that if a normal marine shot at their physical form with a shotgun or rocket launcher they wouldn't similarily die?

Thing is, the mother demon can resurrect them after Cyberdemons get hoofed. Yet she couldnt when Doom Guy killed her
The mother demon survived (with crippling injuries) before she resurrected other demons. We are told that she can regenerate and resurrect other demons, not that she can resurrect herself after death.

This is already accepted on the current profile, so you might need to make a downgrade for it
Aren't you making a new profile to replace the current profile?

It is beyond time itself, it is also a supporting feat since Acasuality 4 feat can already be argued for Type 1 like currently on the wikis profile
Type 1 is Time Paradox Immunity.
A character (ex. Doom Slayer, Night Sentinel squads) teleporting into a realm beyond time isn't a good argument for giving them Type 1 Acasuality.

So? Its Hell.
If they are from different alternative timelines, and not the same timeline, it wouldn't give Acasuality.

No no, there is additional proof where Doom Guy resists soul attacks.
Then we should focus on other, more legitimate proofs, instead.

Being able to survive even when you should be dead could be death hax resistande though
That is just Type 2 Immortality.

Unbound my mortality is textbook Type 5
No scan was provided that says Davoth is unbound by mortality.

The argument provided is that Maykrs are said to be unbound by mortality. However this is from the prespective of Night Sentinels who didn't know much about them, and the statement could apply to Tier 1 Immortality:
These were beings unlike any we had seen before, sword and shield held no weight against them, for the ethereal flesh of these luminous beings seemed unbound by mortality.

We later learn than the Maykrs' eventually suffer mental and biological degradation, and were dependent on the Father repetedly resurrecting them. And after the Father left the process of resurrection became incomplete, they instead became dependent on Argent Energy to sustain themselves:
Despite their seeming Godliness, the Maykrs have a past. At some point in their ageless history there is mention of 'the Father'; a logical, alien entity that endowed the Maykrs with their vast knowledge and technical ability. Analysis of Maykr artifacts and scripture indicate that the Father may have been a singular being that 'split' to form the Maykr race, or instead transferred his incalculable power into the vast structure known as Urdak which then birthed the Maykrs in perpetuity. It seems that the Maykrs, though exceptionally long-lived, eventually suffer some form of biological and mental degradation, at which point they undergo a process known as 'the Transfiguration' wherin they allow a voluntary death and resurrection somehow tied to the Father. This process may have been complicated or damaged in the recent past.

[...]

Urdak itself exists in an anchor state, utilizing highly advanced dimensional shift technology to allow a static position at a sub-quantum level. This essentially inverts their position in relation to Hell; both planes of existence are fixed outside the bounds of the known universe, a 'lower' and 'higher' reality. The Khan Maykr oversees all within Urdak, and now utilizes Argent Energy to prevent the Transfiguration.

~Story of the Maykrs: Urdak

Only Higher Dimensional hax. They can affect 5D places.
The Icon of Sin shook parts of Urdak, and physically damaged some of its structures.

Does this make him Tier 1 physically?

It not said "space/time/ all dimensions", it literaly said "Hell is unlimited by the boundaries of space, time, or dimension." Both are different
Because both space and time can be collectively referred to as "dimension" so when saying "or dimension" it means spatio-temporal dimensions.

It's basically saying "space, time or it can be known as dimension"

Because both space and time can be collectively referred to as "dimension" so when saying "or dimension" it means spatio-temporal dimensions.

It's basically saying "space, time or it can be known as dimension"
Saying "or dimension" does not add all dimensions by default. Because here it expresses the "space, time or dimension" separately, it is not called "space-time" as a whole.

For the purpose of the thread, there needs to establish that Quake is a canon crossover.
Slipgates (Technology from the Quake series) being used by the Sentinels

Doomguy himself, wielding the BFG9K, making an appearance in Quake

Quoting @Gewsbumpz_dude: "Kind of hard to argue against that, especially since iD Software has a history of connecting their games together."

There is also no anti feats...

I am ok with Possibly Tier 6. But it is not stated that the Doom Slayer will automatically transform into a parasite ghost after death.
Undeads are able to achieve something similar by just being really angry and having hatred

Summoners from DOOM 2016 were able to become ghosts, giving shape to their discorporate essence

And Doom Guys rage and hatred >>>>
The skeleton phase is because they already died, and then were resurrected by others into cyborg monsters.
Scan for that?
Since they have a physical form, they are not intangible.
That does not mean anything, they are tangible but the thing here is that they can create a body for their soul yet when Doom Guy kills them they poof out and never come back.
Do you have evidence, that if a normal marine shot at their physical form with a shotgun or rocket launcher they wouldn't similarily die?
I dont need to prove that the entire verse lacks Low-Godly Regeneration, that is just an impossible question.
The mother demon survived (with crippling injuries) before she resurrected other demons. We are told that she can regenerate and resurrect other demons, not that she can resurrect herself after death.
Mother Demon is able to use her powers to heal herself and heal other demons, her healing powers were shown to range from healing crippling injuries to literally bringing back Cyberdemon, who were reduced to just a hoof in the original games and Lost Souls, souls that can achieve physical forms from nothing.

Yet she was able to be killed by Doom Guy.
Aren't you making a new profile to replace the current profile?
So?
A character (ex. Doom Slayer, Night Sentinel squads) teleporting into a realm beyond time isn't a good argument for giving them Type 1 Acasuality.
It is only supporting feat anyway, Maykr feat is the real deal.
If they are from different alternative timelines, and not the same timeline, it wouldn't give Acasuality.

Then we should focus on other, more legitimate proofs, instead.
Uh...those are already on the profile. YOU are the one focusing on that.
That is just Type 2 Immortality.
Fair.
No scan was provided that says Davoth is unbound by mortality.
Let me put you through the simple mind walk.

Maykrs want to be Immortal like Davoth

They try and try and are only able to achieve "unbound by mortality" which I personally think is Immortality 5.

If Davoth is still more Immortal than them. What do you think Davoth is?

Take a guess. What could his Immortality be. At what level he could be?
The argument provided is that Maykrs are said to be unbound by mortality. However this is from the prespective of Night Sentinels who didn't know much about them, and the statement could apply to Tier 1 Immortality:
"sword and shield held no weight against them"

This is NOT talking about their aging process.
We later learn than the Maykrs' eventually suffer mental and biological degradation
You have your answer right there, their mind and their councioussness decay. Which is something that Immortality Type 5 is not able to protect you from.
The Icon of Sin shook parts of Urdak, and physically damaged some of its structures.
Does this make him Tier 1 physically?
First of all affecting higher structures like this is Limited Dimensional Manipulation like I told you, affecting the entirety in a high manner is Tier 1

Anyways can Icon of Sin survive attacks from Crucible? 'Cause I think you could argue he is Tier 1

Edit: This ability is also just there as Filler, if Urdak gets rejected and stays 4D then the ability will be removed anyway.

Funny thing I wanted to mention, our wiki already accepts Keen and Doom Guy as Family.

Last edited:
I mean, depend on interpretation i think, one could think that unlimited by boundary of space, time and dimensions just mean outside of these thing

Back