• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Official Calculation Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible to calculate that feat using pulverization value for steel/rubber, as the most of the blimp would have been destroyed due to the explosion anyways.

@SAM: My biggest question in regards to the Poseidon feat is, did Poseidon really sink the Earth, or just Greece? Considering that all of the mountains are flooded and stuff, you could make a case for water levels rising so high it covered everything that is lower than the mountains shown in the picture below.

Potential Continent level Greek gods hehe....

Crazystarf said:
@SAM: My biggest question in regards to the Poseidon feat is, did Poseidon really sink the Earth, or just Greece? Considering that all of the mountains are flooded and stuff, you could make a case for water levels rising so high it covered everything that is lower than the mountains shown in the picture below.

Potential Continent level Greek gods hehe....
That would not work for Dc since he has to died in order to cause this chaos.

Jucaslucas said:
Is it possible to cal how much strenght Batman would need to have to not be sucked into this Jet Engine?
Dasjkdmnjsamksad
Do you have any better pictures of the entire jet, so I can get an idea of its size?

Jucaslucas said:
Using Boeing 700 jets as my models, I can immediately rule out the Boeing 707, 720 and 747 families—those are all quadjets—as well as the Boeing 727—Boeing's only major trijet—since this jet is clearly a twinjet model. That leaves me with the 737, 757, 767, 777 and 787. Of these, the 757 is out of production, and the 737 is by far the most numerous.

May I ask who the character playing adversary to Batman is in this? EDIT: Figured out it was Owlman.

It's his "brother", that was working with The Court of Owls.

He believed he was Batman's brother, but it's not really shown if that's true or not.

Jucaslucas said:
Is it possible to cal how much strenght Batman would need to have to not be sucked into this Jet Engine?
While I'm unable to calculate something like this by myself (this shit is really complicated), I have been able to find out the plausible mass flow rate for the air going into those turbofans.

Depending on the size of the jet, the maximum thrust of the turbofans is somewhere between 64―512 kN. I also assume that Owlman is about as tall as Batman, 1.88 m, which allows me to calculate the frontal intake area, 3.366587m^2. Given the angle size of the jet in the distance shown in the first image, it can't be more than 300 meters off the ground. Density of air at even a low altitude like that is still slightly lower than it is at sea level, less than 1.2 kg/m^3. Playing around with this engine simulator typically gave me results around 40 kg/s airflow.

Someone else pick up where I left off, because I'm not wrestling with this any more. What I can tell you is that any normal person would either let go or break their fingers.

...Actually, I'm almost more impressed by the fact that Owlman flew over to and intercepted that jet, which was 300+ meters away, in what appears to be a relatively short period of time, with Batman being yanked along by his arm. No way to calculate that due to the ambiguities involved, but it definitely looks like bone-breaking acceleration was involved.

Jaften said:
Jucaslucas said:
While I'm unable to calculate something like this by myself (this shit is really complicated), I have been able to find out the plausible mass flow rate for the air going into those turbofans.
Depending on the size of the jet, the maximum thrust of the turbofans is somewhere between 64―512 kN. I also assume that Owlman is about as tall as Batman, 1.88 m, which allows me to calculate the frontal intake area, 3.366587m^2. Given the angle size of the jet in the distance shown in the first image, it can't be more than 300 meters off the ground. Density of air at even a low altitude like that is still slightly lower than it is at sea level, less than 1.2 kg/m^3. Playing around with this engine simulator typically gave me results around 40 kg/s airflow.

Someone else pick up where I left off, because I'm not wrestling with this any more. What I can tell you is that any normal person would either let go or break their fingers.

...Actually, I'm almost more impressed by the fact that Owlman flew over to and intercepted that jet, which was 300+ meters away, in what appears to be a relatively short period of time, with Batman being yanked along by his arm. No way to calculate that due to the ambiguities involved, but it definitely looks like bone-breaking acceleration was involved.
Okay, thanks.

Could someone please calculate SCP-314 speed is for this feat?:

"Experiment 314-230 flooded the containment room within Site 47. SCP-314 was able to strike at the encroaching liquid with such speed and consistency that it created an irregularly shaped dry sphere within its kill radius. The ground below SCP-314 remained dry at all times."

SCP-314 is 0.97 m long and 0.21 m thick, and the containment room is 104 m in diameter. http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-314

Hey. I tried calcing this feat myself but it just gave me a headache. It starts at around 17:30~, and I want to know how fast Renamon's combat speed is. I'd be very grateful if anyone could calc it.

http://*********.io/digimon-tamers-episode-12

Hello. Taking advice from a very good friend, I am need of some assistance in a "Attack Potency" calculation of basic-form characters from Kamen Rider Hibiki. While I could not find a decent video ref of the title hero, I have found a video involving the show's secondary character Kamen Rider Ibuki. Since the Kamen Riders of the show primarily use a "purification sound" to kill Youkai-based monsters named Makamou, which can be human-sized or large beasts, I like to request the frequency of sound that Ibuki needed to destroy the likes of an 2177.2 kg. Ittanmomen.

Kamen Rider Ibuki debut fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSKptyzJuUY

Can someone calculate Gildarts Clive from Fairy Tail destroying this mountain.

http://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/417/13 - Tree for measurement possibility

http://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/417/14 - Actual Mountain being destroyed

I know it's a mountain because the anime even confirms this, plus the apparent size alone speaks for itself.

^I am pretty sure I had already seen that calculated somewhere, but it didn't get relevant results as the moutain was found to be rather small compared to what one would think of from a real mountain. Still, I spontanously can't find it.

Wouldn't that still make Gildarts a Small Mountain rather than a Small City+? Even if we got with it being small (which, I am unsure of, but will trust your words), that still would technically make him low 7-A

I found this calculation that suggests that to stop Earth's rotation, 18x1032 Joules (Planet level) would be required. I'm extremely terrible at physics, so can someone from the calc group please verify this? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back