• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The name's Magikarp, Magikarp Magikarp

magikarp via splash

Excuse you m9?

Splash was restricted because it's a 1-A attack thank you.

gwt that hocus pocus outta here

magikarp uses splash to bring splash back into the fight

magikarp uses splash

gg magikarp vs reinhard wehn

splash transcends restrictio

Well.

Karp has the AP advantage, since Bond has no calc he is assumed to be baseline. Depending on which end we use (I assume the 1000m one), Karp has a vast AP advantage.

Bond has range, easily.

Hax wise, Karp has paralysis inducement (dunno how, just know it is listed).

The question is, can Bond kill Karp before Karp can kill Bond? Because Karp will absolutely mop the floor with him if allowed in physical range.

I'm gonna say Karp, actually. Bond's lesser AP means a big hurtle to get over when in an essentially haxless match, and even moreso when only one hax exists and it is on the other side. Bond's skill makes up for a lot of that, but not enough for me to conclusively vote for him.

Bond would scale to real life 9-B weapons at least. With the golden gun, he can one-shot people that no-sell his weapons, meaning that it is at least 25x above his other weapons in AP.

Paralysis inducement is through bounce; a move that needs standard melee range + is telegraphed very clearly.

That's just what is on the profile.

So, assuming you're right, and that doesn't exist, we're dealing with a case of range vs AP. Karp takes AP by a landslide whereas Bond takes range by a landslide (though in character, probably less so, since he seems to open more often with a pistol).

So. With all that in mind I believe I still hand it to the fish just for outclassing Bond in AP by a fairly large margin.

We're using 1000m on the profile since that's what got accepted by Cal, meaning Karp's AP and dura is 96,232 J

Golden gun is at the very least 375000 J, and Bond has prior knowledge.

I don't think the AP advantage is as great as you're making it out to be

Do you have a calc for Golden Gun?

It one-shots people who no-sell wall level weapons. Even if we assume said wall level weapons to be baseline 9-B, the golden gun has a 25x multiplier and therefore an output of 375000 J.

That's not how AP works.

Being casually above baseline doesn't mean "oh so 25x damage got it".

That's not how that works.

You're missing the point.

The AP gap, agreed upon by this site, needed to one-shot or no-sell an attack is 5x.

One-shotting someone who no-sells an attack is therefore an ap gap of 5^2, which is 25.

No it isn't. We don't have a definite multiplier for one-shotting because it differs.

We don't have an accepted AP gap, I literally just said that.

Headcanon =/= Legitimate reasoning.

The gap needed to qualify varies from verse to verse, which makes a one-shot from a VS Battles standpoint very hard to determine. What can be certain is that if Fighter A is in a different tier than Fighter B (ex: Fighter A is Planet level and Fighter B is Moon level), then most likely, Fighter A can one-shot the opponent.
~ One-Shot page​

@Bambu we had an extensive discussion above about how durable Jaws (the guy the golden gun one shots) is, he has a feat where he survives a train going over a bridge and falling a distance. He then survives a couple more cars falling on the one he's in.

This is what I said in the relevant response:

So, If we take a random train from the time of that game and estimate the mass of its cars by multiplying the total mass by the ration of the carclength to the whole train length, we get over 49 tonnes. It was roughly a two second fall time, so I put that stuff in the splat calc and got that one train car's a fall would be about 100 splashes. Though with how trains are built he obviously isn't tanking all of the energy unless he's strapped to the front or bottom or whatever side hi the ground first, but he should still take a bunch, and from multiple cars, so I'm not sure how much his durability would have to be for this.

Jaws would be below the total energy of the crash, but he wouldn't be tanking all of the energy, but a good chunk would still impact him.

Do you have a legitimate calc?

We should have an AP gap for one-shotting, the 5x number gets mentioned everywhere. I'll speak to someone more knowledgable about this.

The golden gun is superior to grenade launcher, and grenades have over 250k joules of output. Over twice the output of Magikarp.

That isn't an officially recognized Ap gap though, that's literally just people saying it should be that when a one-size-fits-all number can't be used due to inconsistency.

Wow so this thread went from nothing to extreme in a few hours hahaha

That's what I get for living on the other side of the world and missing it all.

Anyway, what are the votes? Did I see one extra for Bond and one for Magikarp?

GyroNutz said:
The golden gun is superior to grenade launcher, and grenades have over 250k joules of output. Over twice the output of Magikarp.
This'll have to excuse the fact that I haven't gotten around to making Jaws calcs yet lol

I mean, we'd have to wait a year to get the calculation evaluated, but after that it'll be fine.

Assuming the calc doesn't make this a stomp ig

I'll warn you against using multipliers unless it is something in canon (like a statement of "hey this here gun is thirty times stronger than any normal gun").

Back