• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Nameless Vs. Talion

necro but Talion actually has to touch him for his death+mind+soul+morality hax to work

So, can Talion insta-kill by touching its target? It just causing the target death, or it wipes the soul or similar? The first one wouldn't work on John.

Once Talion touches John, he can basically do whatever the hell he wants with him. Make him his ever-loyal servant, drive him insane or blow his head with deathhax.

Mmm, and I guess that do not have any restriction? If not, I guess I'll allow John to use his right arm, then it could go either way.

Actually, his hax can still work as long he's in a 3 meter range.

Welp, John was recently upgraded to Mountain level, so this is now unless it changed to EoG Talion.

Oooooo. Two verses I have very brief interactions with mostly due to this site.

I shall reveiw the case for both sides momentarily.

Talion:

+ M I N D H A X (as well as similar things such as Morality Manip)

+ Ultimately has better resurrection

+ Immortality granted by Wraith Boye

Nameless:

+ Obvious AP advantage is obvious, and Talion isn't super high into 7-A (251 Megatons IIRC)

+ Insta-kill hax

+ TYPE 5 IMMORTALITY RED ALERT

Verdict:

Can Nameless affect Wraith Boye? If so, he can effectively kill Talion, since Wraith Boye is what keeps him alive. It seems like he can, via Non-Physical Interaction. It isn't like The Hunter, where Talion has a better chance to win right off the bat- between an AP advantage and equal insta-death hax, as well as being effectively immune to traditional death, Nameless should be able to permanently put down Talion.

Hmm.... Both have equally good hax, but the Nameless has a massive AP advantage and can just one-shot him.

Also Nameless' insta-death hax has to come in contact with Talion and appareantly rarely uses it in-character meanwhile Talion mindhaxes him and is both perfectly in-character for him to do so and can use it in a distance.

I may vote Inconclusive since this ist a "Who-haxxes-first" scenario, but I won't disregard Nameless' AP though.

Nameless have non-physical interection, so he can interact with a wraith, unless Boye in far from the battlefield.

Yes, the Nameless needs to attack with his right arm (or a weapon while wielded by his right arm) in order to perma-kill, however, he has another ability to kill everyone in the surroundings but is not permanent and immotal beings (like absolute immortals) wouldn't die just become very weak.

If he can hit the Wraith possessing Talion it should be enough, since that's what keeps Talion resurrecting. Even without auto-death he has the AP to do it. The main issue is the possibility of mindhax.

@Anto

Celebrimbor can be at most a few metres away from Talion. Otherwise the cut on Talion's throat reopens on its own. Killing the wraith would do that as well

@Bambu

Nitpick but it's not possession. Talion is the one in control, in fact.

Talion is the one allowed to be in control, always thought. Wraith boye left him in the dirt at the end of the second game.

Still, I get whatcha mean. Possession is more of a filler term of "This thing lives inside of this other thing".

In case it wasn't clear for now I vote Nameless.

Back