• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The loyal shinobi vs the haunted gondorian

Status
Not open for further replies.
[keep in mind this is my first vs topic]

Hello everyone I thought it'd be a great idea to have Wolf vs Talio

1) stats of both characters

End of game wolf and end of game Talion (shadow of mordor, not shadow of war) should be used.

Before anything, we will make things more balanced for everyone: first speed will be equalized (Wolf is several dozens of time faster than Talion) and then we will use the high end calc of the black hand's feat (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Mr._Bambu/Lord_of_the_Rings_Calc:_A_Storm_is_Brewing) the feat is an equivalent of 251.67 Megatons of TNT. The black hand being the last ennemy Talion faced in the game it means he should be comparable to him.

Meanwhile in term of AP (for Wolf) we will use this calc https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DMUA/Standard_calculation_for_just_any_old_generic_storm (133.886442810720 Megatons in the "edit" section). This is a calc for an ennemy Wolf battled when 50% of the game was done and he became stronger because he faced more dangerous ennemies by the end of the game (such as Ishin or the divine dragon)

With all that they'll have the same speed and very close stats (that being said yeah we used a highballed calc for Wolf but it will be more fair this way).

2) Battle conditions

The battle ends if one of them is killed (Wolf can kill Talion with the mortal blade and Wolf can ressurect only three times during one single battle). [edit and precision about the 3 resurrections] Normally Wolf can resurrect an infinite amount of time but if he does that 3 times during one battle he is teleported to the main safe zone. If that happens I'll treat that as a win for Talion because Talion cannot deal with Wolf's immortality.

Like I said speed is equalized and both will have similar AP.

Both have 12 hours to gather informations about the other (Wolf goes to mordor to spy orcs (both the ones converted by Talion and the hostile ones) while Talion goes to Ashina to learn a few things about Wolf. Once it's done both will fight at the top of Ashina's castle (where Wolf battled Genishiro).

Alright, I hope I didn't make major mistakes (like I said this my first vs topic). Now it's up to you to tell who should win and how/why.

I don't think the 3 resurrection limit is canon

Unless you meant that for this battle he is only allowed to do it 3 times in which case ignore me

Paul Frank said:
I don't think the 3 resurrection limit is canon
Unless you meant that for this battle he is only allowed to do it 3 times in which case ignore me
Yes, the 3 resurrection limit is not canon. In the lore he can revive an infinite amount of time (which explains how the illness related to his resurrections can spread), but in one single battle (by the end of the game) if he revives 3 times he is teleported back to the ruined temple and if that happens then I'll consider this is a win for Talion because Talion has no way to permanently kill immortal ennemies (which is why he cannot fully defeat nazguls). The only thing that can work is his mind manipulation but it needs a physical contact and it only work on a mentally broken ennemy and even if that happens, Wolf has some items to kill himself (he can resurrect after that, preventing his mind to be affected). So I thought it'd be more fair if things happened like that.

Anyway I think I'll precise that in battle conditions.

3.) AP stomp? The gap is too big to overcome for Wolf, he can't harm him. Closing.

For reference, even when Wolf scaled to Storms, he scaled to the 7-B ones, not 7-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back