• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Long Awaited DBS Lifting Strength Upgrade

I mean, with how DB multipliers with ki work in regards to how they affect strength and speed, I see no issue with that.

In DBS: Broly, Base Vegeta and Broly at the time have equal LS, but once Vegeta goes Fake SSJ, he clearly has the superior LS in their arm grapple.
You might have to revise the standards for Universal Energy Systems (that includes being tied to lifting strength) and lifting strength feats. To get that to pass.

I mean, with how DB multipliers with ki work in regards to how they affect strength and speed, I see no issue with that.

In DBS: Broly, Base Vegeta and Broly at the time have equal LS, but once Vegeta goes Fake SSJ, he clearly has the superior LS in their arm grapple.
I think this is usually just for AP, Speed, Striking Strength, and Durability. Doesn’t usually carry over to LS

Tbh I was never opposed to the whole escape velocity method using the speed of light but a number of people think otherwise so what can you do?

Looks fine
You'd think that after i got confirmation from a calc mod that SoL worked with escape velocity, it would have been a simple calc to pass
I think this is usually just for AP, Speed, Striking Strength, and Durability. Doesn’t usually carry over to LS
I mean

We see Goku struggling with the 40 tons to casually flexing it in super Saiyan

Goten vs trunks too, trunks had goten in a nelson, when he went ssj, gotenks flexed out

Vegeta vs broly too, once he started going ssj, he won the grappling contest

And just to say, that 40 tons debacle, completely goes out of scale with lifting strength feats shown beforehand and should be an outlier tbh, Goku flipping giant piccolo, Tao Pai Pai's pillar throw, Goku and krillin pushing that giant boulder

I believe the 40 tons and the manga 1000 tons thing are the only instances of having pitiable LS

Gravity Training.
This is not so much as lifting strength low ends than then simply needing a brief time to acclimate to a higher Gravity environment than they're used to. Low class Saiyans with PLs of less than 1000 can freely move around in planet vegeta's 10x Gravity. Gohan with a PL of most likely low end millions when he first entered the ROSAT found 10x gravity rough at first but fot used to it

And as for the Saiyans using it in normal training, training in higher gravity level would give better yields than normal gravity anyway.
Weighted clothing.
Also doubles as a power limiter through unknown and unexplained means, as seen when they faced Raditz, once they took it off, their PLs shot up which wouldn't have happened by simply adding weights on the skin, otherwise Gravity training would take their pls to near zero. Furthermore, Goku's 250 pound clothing, once it was taken off, allowed him blitz Tien, who was keeping up prior, that same Goku could flip a giant piccolo, who weighed over 10 ten tons iirc, so it's not just the weights that affect them
King Kai's planet.
Same as Gravity training, unless you mean the 40 tons thing, which is indeed a massive outlier as Goku and people weaker than him did feats above that back in OG DB

This is not so much as lifting strength low ends than then simply needing a brief time to acclimate to a higher Gravity environment than they're used to. Low class Saiyans with PLs of less than 1000 can freely move around in planet vegeta's 10x Gravity. Gohan with a PL of most likely low end millions when he first entered the ROSAT found 10x gravity rough at first but fot used to it
"Acclimating" to it would just be gaining the lifting strength to withstand the affects it has on the body. Dr. Brief explicitly notes Vegeta would weigh around 18 Tons. That would mean under normal circumstances not under that gravity, he could support 18 Tons of force acting on his body. So it'd be fine for lifting strength.

Two things.

1. Wouldn't the force Goku withstood be "Goku's weight x 10 + Force exerted by Black Hole"? If so, you wouldn't multiply the force exerted by the black hole by 10x.
2. If it helps I made a supportive feat for Base Goku/Vegeta. If low-end is accepted, it's only supportive. High-end upgrades Base character's though.
Btw, the high-end was accepted. This upgrades Base Goku level character's. I'd add it to OP since OP is only for SSB level characters. I also have a feat that puts Base Saiyans at Class G. Problem is that it's only for the manga.

Btw, the high-end was accepted. This upgrades Base Goku level character's. I'd add it to OP since OP is only for SSB level characters. I also have a feat that puts Base Saiyans at Class G. Problem is that it's only for the manga.
So Class T god tiers?

This is not so much as lifting strength low ends than then simply needing a brief time to acclimate to a higher Gravity environment than they're used to.
The rigors of Gravity Training are directly attributed to the added weight. Being able to adapt to higher gravity is being able to grow strong enough to handle being x-times heavier than before. Why'd'ya think Goku trained to overcome 20g by performing high-intensity movements in repetition? Or why, when he started training, his body glued down to the floor like a rock? Or why 100g is described as being able to instantly crush a normal human body? Or why, after deactivating 100g, Goku's body became lighter than ever?

And, like, increasing gravity increases weight. That is one of the two things gravity is known for.
Also doubles as a power limiter through unknown and unexplained means
By being heavy. Notice how relieved Goku feels after removing his weighted armor, or how Tien trembles to carry his shirt? Or how, against Raditz, Goku's muscle definition increases after removing his weights? As in, the strength he applied to maintaining his weights is suddenly freed up for battle? The means are not "unknown and unexplained" (the weights are not magical); trying to work at full efficiency with heavy things attached to the body makes the task more difficult and rapidly whittles away strength over time.

Maintaining full strength when the body is being constantly strained is difficult. Ever heard of a pause lift?
otherwise Gravity training would take their pls to near zero.
What was Goku's Power Level during his Gravity Training again?
Same as Gravity training, unless you mean the 40 tons thing, which is indeed a massive outlier as Goku and people weaker than him did feats above that back in OG DB
The two Class K feats in Part 1 are the outliers, considering they are the only two of their kind and are significantly above feats demonstrated before and after leading into Super.

Back