• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
One of the following:

Fallen Champions: Whenever an enemy dies this game, take control of it. Anyone that he defeats will immediately fall under his control, this also applies to elementals, machines, and even mindless individuals.

Necrotic Plague: Set minions in your opponent's hand and deck to 1/1. Will reduce all of his opponents' potential summons to the same level of power, each of which can only deal 1 life of damage per strike.

Purge the Weak: Destroy all enemy minions that cost (3) or less, wherever they are. Can instantly destroy any potential summons and minions, including machines and elementals that he would regard as "weaker".

Shut up, Priest: Your opponent can't emote. Can disallow an opponent to speak.

Soul Reaper: Deal 2 damage for each duplicate in opponent's deck. Will deal devastating damage to his opponent depending on how many of the same species that his opponent has active or has the potential to summon.

The Hunted: Deal 2 damage to your opponent for each minion in their deck. Will deal devestating damage to his opponent depending on how many minions, subordinates, or potential summons that his opponent possesses.

The True King: Gain 100 Armor. Gains a great amount of armor, increasing his durability by 333% of his original amount.

The True Lich: Set the enemy hero's remaining health to 1. Immediately reduces his opponent to a near-death state regardless of durability.

The Price of Power: Destroy every spell in your opponent's hand and deck. Immediately disables his opponent's ability to perform any kind of magic, statistics amplification, or any unconventional form of attacking that his opponent would have gained during battle.

My main issue is translating any of this to a proper battle... most characters don't rely on some limited list of spells that they choose from in order to do things. I'll offer the benefit of the doubt there for now-

What is Lich King's best feats of like, actual hax? What kind of defenses has he been able to punch through with his powers?

ThePerpetual said:
My main issue is translating any of this to a proper battle... most characters don't rely on some limited list of spells that they choose from in order to do things. I'll offer the benefit of the doubt there for now-

What is Lich King's best feats of like, actual hax? What kind of defenses has he been able to punch through with his powers?
Negates durability pretty much with everything.

Depending on the "hax", if it's ranged then it can't effect his summons and if it's magic, awakened power, or something that Taiga just pulls out of nowhere and gains in the middle of the fight then it won't effect the Lich King because of The Price for Power

Also, if I go with "in-verse equalization" I can say that The Lich King can technically spam all of those because it's literally the first thing that he plays consistently in every fight but I'm going to let you decide if that's fair.

Does she have the soul of that god near her

Because if its near her even with out transforming into her goddess form she can use the powers she has in that form in any lower forms

So she can spam time stop like she normally does if she has that soul near her also she has Teleportation in this form aka a thing she loves to spam as well

Spinoirr said:
Does she have the soul of that god near her

Because if its near her even with out transforming into her goddess form she can use the powers she has in that form in any lower forms

So she can spam time stop like she normally does if she has that soul near her
Well The Lich King has easily nulled Time Manipulation before when people use Time Warp

Well would the "price for power" work if she starts at base form as her base is barley moon level and then transforms into wyvern form

Technically The Lich King destroys spells before they have been casted, but that doesn't apply to Hero Cards which are basically "transformations" so forms are fine. The powers however won't work if they are something that "has always been there but has remained locked until she transforms" unless they are gotten by external means like stealing powers, or having something else give the powers.

@Spinoirr, this is Post-Timeskip, Ice Wyvern Form Taiga specifically, just so you're clear. Also, her Post-Timeskip base form currently says that it's Multi-Continent level.

What does Taiga usually lead with in this form? I know she's a 'hax' fighter, but what does that entail for tactics in a fight, against some random undead lich lord, in the middle of New York City's Central Park?

She mostly fight by spamming teleportation and slashing at someone and if that doesn't work she uses her other powers like soul manipulation

Man Ed and I need to rework Hearthstone, like, a lot.

So... looking at this, it's not obvious to me that The Price of Power: The Lich King's biggest, baddest move, would actually cancel most of Taiga's magic. Things the game classifies as "Hero powers": simply abilities inherent to the characters themselves, including blatantly magical powers like Jaina's, Anduin's, etc.: retain their function, and the entirety of STRW's magic engine is a "Soft" Magic System rather than a Hard one, and furthermore is generally an inherent trait rather than learned. The only specific technique she'd get cancelled is Lightning Dragon Flash, which takes half an hour to cast anyways.

In fact, most of these abilities of his don't seem very much like they'd do a lot to someone like Taiga, who doesn't prepare "duplicates" of spells, or use summons frequently, or who doesn't need to speak to use magic... if anything, The True Lich is probably his best move, but if he has no specific tactics going to fight a random enemy, it's not obvious to me that he survives long enough to actually make use of all of his better hax and superior battle experience/possible intelligence advantage.

Taiga's primary tactic of just teleporting + Space Manipulation-enhanced cuts to go straight through weapons/armor doesn't really seem to be a thing that he has any real counter to (from what I can tell, he doesn't even really dodge in character, just tanks and counters.) So, combined with Taiga's Stat Amplification and Illusions/etc., it kinda seems like he just gets cut to pieces and, after his possession-upon-being-killed comes into play and Taiga resists, she eventually just figures to scatter all the pieces into space, or somewhere inside the Earth, or somesuch where they won't bother anyone.

...right, that. Possession is the very first resistance Taiga gets even without Ice Armor or Wyvern forms active, and she's resisted the possession attempts of beings magically stronger than her (which The Lich King may not even be: note that being ">>Baseline Moon level" isn't necessarily "rivals nearly four times Moon level".) So,

TLDR: The Lich King's best at dismantling defensive combat styles, especially those with a heavy emphasis on summons and/or that run on a formal magic system: like, say, D&D mages, probably. Conversely, aggressive combat styles with hax he doesn't resist, running within the framework of a "soft" magic system is a counter to what he does on all levels, and Taiga's smart enough to actually put the pieces together and use them to get the Win. So, I vote for Taiga, I guess.

Technically, you only need three, but it's preferable to have either four, or to only settle for three if the thread's been left alone for some time.

I'll vote Taiga FRA.

Now I just need to find yet another Valev match.

i made satun post timeskip

Hm? Do they share any keys?

Honestly it seems like a stomp. The Collective Expunges, and Saturn doesn't resist.

Back