• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Last Dragonborn vs Eragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it doesn't say, I'm going to assume they're in character. Eragon isn't going to open with the words of death (which won't work anyway). Knowing he's there Eragon would start with TP (his usual go to when up against an obvious magick user). While he gets nowhere against someone with the mental fortitude of dozens if not hundreds of immortal shards of time, The Dovahkiin shouts FUS-RO-DAH! and the resulting shockwave turns Eragon to paste, his wards instantly drained trying to stop a force that can level countries.

The definition of Mortal is: subject to death, according to Websters. The Dragons were brought to near extinction, so they're very subjectable to death, especially when you consider that *all* of the Elds are dead dragons to begin with, much like Glaedr.

You're actually contridicting yourself, Lore>Gameplay, yet, battlemages in Cyrodill were unable to make themselves magically immune when the Dominion attacked.

The Eld cast a spell that TPed the entire country with the Spell of Forgetting, and their magical / TP might is added to Eragon's, not to mention the *thousands* that Galby had in his possession.

If Eragon is in character then we'll assume the DB is - so he doesn't walk up and instantly kill Eragon with Fus-Ro-Dah, "The suicide spell applied only to Galbatorix who was a tyrant and evil. LDB is a hero who saved nirn from countless horrors. That same spell applied here would only bolster LDB's morale as he caused far more good than harm." quoting you. So he's not a tyrant or evil, so he's, at best, chaotic good - doesn't instantly murder people, thus Eragon's mental prode - which was strong enough to beat Galbys wards, who TPed armies of hundreds of thousands (Burning Plains, every major battle afterwards) and defeat a spell that the greatest magical mind in the Inheritence series, Galby, couldn't even fathom it's existence (the Spell of Forgetting), goes unchallenged, because DB is a Nordic Barbarian, if you're not tossing your hands or drawing your sword, you don't look like an enemy.

Eragon's mental probe might just affect DB, since he hasn't shown any resistence to direct TP - gameplay mechanics notwithstanding.

Personally, i think DB takes this with some difficulty, due to Eragon's reluctance to kill anyone if he's able not to do so, as a fan of both characters.

Actually, according to,

1. ^ Tamrielic LoreYagrum Bagar
  2. ^ Events of Arena
  3. ^ Events of Daggerfall
  4. ^ Events of Morrowind
  5. ^ Events of Tribunal
  6. ^ Events of Skyrim
Neither Ebony Mail or Savior's Hide grant immunity, only a static resistence - which reduces magic by a percentage, not removes it or halts it.

You know very well what I meant. Dead dragons doesn't mean anything, the Eld are still beings with a concept of time very far removed from that of a normal man's. Inheritance even stated that some Eld are so ancient they've lost the ability to communicate in a meaningful manner with younger people.

The battlemages of cyrodil are crap, an army can't also protect everyone so completely, it'd be too expensive. The DB is someone with private resources that can afford to protect himself completely.

The Eld can't cast their magicks on command, it's always a spur of the moment thing with IS dragon magick.

Battles assume they go in with the intent to fight, otherwise it'd be like "Hello...have a nice day!" and they walk past each other. You want to play with mental probes? Miraak TPed everything except Mora in Apocrypha (an endless universe) to become his servants (he orders the daedra there around), and even spread that out into another universe (Nirn) entirely. LDB was so powerful that Miraak didn't even attempt to TP him...you really think a person that TPed a mere army could compare to that? Not to mention Eragon's mind may very well shatter trying to comprehend the mind of a shard of AKA who has read three elder scrolls (normal people die when reading just one).

Good to know you'd at least admit the ultimate victor, but LDB would have absolutely no trouble stomping through the entire IS universe.

Except Mora directly states that Miraak is his champion. Miraak didn't TP DB because of gameplay reasons, the same reason Miraak doesn't use Timeslow to instantly kill the DB - gameplay.

He can't protect himself completely because it can't be done in lore - nothing in lore remotely supports the concept of magic immunity. Not even the Dwemer, the race that couldn't use magic, could get magical immunity on their constructs. The only exceptions of this, lore wise, is some of the Daedric servants.

The Battlemages of Cyrodil aren't crap, it's a professional army paid for by the most powerful kingdom in ES.

No, they can't cast spells on their own... i never said they could, would, or should. Although, if push came to shove, i'm sure they could. Helping Eragon would certainly be one of the times they would do so.

We don't know exactly what the numbers of affected Daedra in Apoc was, if it was only the realms the DB entered, the realm entirely, or if Mora was assisting Miraak. Since Miraak was his champion for *years*, i'm assuming he was, marginally, helping Miraak.

Phantasys said:
Not to mention Eragon's mind may very well shatter trying to comprehend the mind of a shard of AKA who has read three elder scrolls (normal people die when reading just one).
Not remotely true. The Monks of the Moth read scrolls until they go blind, with insanity being a "rare" case, according to Septimus Signus who read a scroll.

I don't know where you keep getting "shard of akatosh" from, since nowhere i'm looking seems to point me in the right direction. Link to DB being connected to the Elder God of Time, please?

I'd also like to say that Michael Kirkbride states who the Shezzarines were,

1. Wulfharth L

• Hjalti O
    • Ysmir R
    • Talos K
    • Arctus H
    • Septim A
    • N - currently unstated.

Aparajita said:
He can't protect himself completely because it can't be done in lore - nothing in lore remotely supports the concept of magic immunity. Not even the Dwemer, the race that couldn't use magic, could get magical immunity on their constructs. The only exceptions of this, lore wise, is some of the Daedric servants.
Correction: The Royal Ring of Morrowind could do it according to gameplay - forgot about it. The Ring seems to be a special case as you're not able to get it unless you kill the King, which isn't canon, and no other examples of magic immunity exists.

"Since it doesn't say, I'm going to assume they're in character."

For the record, yes, this assumption is a safe one to make in any and all threads I make.

Aparajita said:
Phantasys said:
Not to mention Eragon's mind may very well shatter trying to comprehend the mind of a shard of AKA who has read three elder scrolls (normal people die when reading just one).
Not remotely true. The Monks of the Moth read scrolls until they go blind, with insanity being a "rare" case, according to Septimus Signus who read a scroll.
I don't know where you keep getting "shard of akatosh" from, since nowhere i'm looking seems to point me in the right direction. Link to DB being connected to the Elder God of Time, please?

I'd also like to say that Michael Kirkbride states who the Shezzarines were,

1. Wulfharth L

• Hjalti O
    • Ysmir R
    • Talos K
    • Arctus H
    • Septim A
    • N - currently unstated.
You're just making excuses now, gameplay does not excuse the fact that Miraak couldn't control LDB with his universe spanning TP.

All dragons are shattered fragments of the original time dragon. The larger shards become known as the gods, the lesser ones the Dov and the Dovahkiin.

The Shezzarines he listerd are the ones connected to the rise of Talos, Pelinal Whitestrake is a confirmed Shezzarine and isn't on that list.

Good enchanters can make 100% protection gear...or simply make multiple pieces that add up to 100%. The Battlemages are the remains of the mages guild that the empire axed in the early days of the 4th era, they're a joke now serving a failing empire that's lost the trust of the provinces.

Eld can do things they wouldn't normally be able to do during their special magick castings, they wouldn't be capable of the mass TP feat without PIS.

Hermaeous Mora himself stated that he was willing to help you beat Miraak and would take the stronger one, there's no evidence he was playing favorites. Each godly plane is infinite as stated in cosmology.

Actually, it does completely excuse it, since you *do* get mind controlled by Miraak. Touching the stones? You wake up in a work camp, working for Miraak?

Him using it, in fight, is an example of PIS, since it would drastically alter the fight, the *same* reason he doesn't use Stop Time and simply smack you until you die, because game mechanics.

So we've seen that DB can be TPed with a generic, blanket TP spell, let alone a focused or concentrated TP spell.

There is nothing supporting that Miraak TPed the daedra in Apoc, only that they were there as hostile enemies and didn't attack Miraak for the same reason he didn't use Stop Time: Game Mechanics.

Also, Pelinal is Ysmir so... idk what you're trying to say there - quoted from Knights of the Nine.

Hermaeous Mora stated he "was willing to help you", not "Will simply watch" Him helping you is evidence enough of him supporting you more than Miraak.

Aparajita said:
Actually, it does completely excuse it, since you *do* get mind controlled by Miraak. Touching the stones? You wake up in a work camp, working for Miraak?
Him using it, in fight, is an example of PIS, since it would drastically alter the fight, the *same* reason he doesn't use Stop Time and simply smack you until you die, because game mechanics.

So we've seen that DB can be TPed with a generic, blanket TP spell, let alone a focused or concentrated TP spell.

There is nothing supporting that Miraak TPed the daedra in Apoc, only that they were there as hostile enemies and didn't attack Miraak for the same reason he didn't use Stop Time: Game Mechanics.

Also, Pelinal is Ysmir so... idk what you're trying to say there - quoted from Knights of the Nine.

Hermaeous Mora stated he "was willing to help you", not "Will simply watch" Him helping you is evidence enough of him supporting you more than Miraak.
Touching the stones doesn't have a permanent effect like it does to other people, Miraak's multi-universe spanning TP could only control LDB for a few seconds even when LDB didn't have the full Bend Will shout meaning LDB's TP wasn't even fully developed then. Once again Miraak's TP spanned across universes...it's complete NLF to say that Eragon can anything at all on the scale Miraak has shown.

LDB also has Stop Time, so moot point. You want to dismiss it as game mechanics even though you literally see Miraak command two Seekers in the first scene he appears in? Right...so even when Mora was "helping" the LDB, Miraak's command over the daedra was still enough to override Mora's help...that's just how powerful Miraak's (and by extension LDB's) TP really is. Eragon's a charlatan in TP in comparison to Miraak.

LDB could also just enchant a bunch of items with the health regen enchant so that small nerve pinches would be healed before anything even happens. LDB has countless ways to kill Eragon when Eragon's only got a few that are easily countered.

Wulfharth was also Ysmir...and he was mentioned separately...so why not Pelinal? That list is incomplete. LDB is indeed a Shezzarine as you can sit on Shor's throne without problems, who else but the god himself can sit on that god's throne? Don't try to bullshit this off as game mechanics as you can't cross the Whalebone bridge without fighting Tsun. So they obviously programmed Sovngarde with that in mind. Ysmir is also a title given to multiple other Shezzarines as well as the LDB, so yeah LDB is about as confirmed shezzarine as it gets without bethesda just coming out and saying it.

Except, he's not. Until Bethesda comes out and says it, he's not. Kirkbride stated who 5 of the Shezzarines were.

Do you honestly think that Mora is helping the DB since the orginal scene? I highly doubt it, since at that point in time, we have no knowledge that Mora is remotely helping Miraak.

"Touching the stones doesn't have a permanent effect", gee, i wonder why? I guess that's the same reason Mines instantly blow Raiders legs off and not the PC, certainly not because... you know, it would be an end to the game? I couldn't fathom a reason why Miraak doesn't just instantly TP the DB /sarcasim.

It's not remotely NLF, and you're just saying that to attempt to boost your point, which is going roundabout ways to give victory when it's not earned under the stated fight.

DB and Eragon are in character, have all equipment at that point available at EoS. Meaning that the DB can wear: One chestpiece, one helmet (glitches, abuses, mods not included), one gauntlet, one pair of boots, two weapons, ect.

Yes, DB has the option to carry around all of the equipment (PIS at best, Mechanics at worst), but, in an actual fight, he couldn't instantly swap to different gear. Furthermore, if you say he "could just enchant", then you're giving him prior knowledge of the fight, which constitues as prep time and breaking the rules of the fight.

In game wise, Miraak controls Seekers, quoting the game, "At the will of Mora", meaning that the Seekers don't mean crap when considered that Mora is the one empowering Miraak. Miraak was nothing before Mora, he'll be nothing once Mora is done with him - every feat that Miraak has is attributed to Mora, nothing more or less, since Mora DIRECTLY states "Everything he knows, he knows from me"

Edit: In fact, a group of dragons destroyed his shrine and nearly killed him, only Mora's intervention saved Miraak from dying then. Some Dragonborn.

LDB does have stop time, absolutely. However, the Speed of Thought (which is all Eragon needs to kill him with a Word of Death), is faster than the Speed of Voice, so it's moot point.

Miraak's TP spanned across a few levels of Apoc, assuming it spanned across the ENTIREITY of Apoc is an Outlier, because Master Neloth was able to resist Miraak's TP, yet the DB gets TPed when he goes to sleep *eyeroll*

I guess Neloth must be Universal, too, right? Too bad the Nevevine one shots him in Morrowind.

Except that all of the shezzarines are able to comprehend Shor's true form in Soverngarde, but DB isn't, and he's unable to read the Elder Scrolls where the other Shezzarines are.

"Except, he's not. Until Bethesda comes out and says it, he's not. Kirkbride stated who 5 of the Shezzarines were. "

We have all this evidence pointing towards he is...but you're just trying to say he's not using just because as a justification?

"Do you honestly think that Mora is helping the DB since the orginal scene? I highly doubt it, since at that point in time, we have no knowledge that Mora is remotely helping Miraak. "

If Mora was helping the DB at all then he wouldn't have encountered stiff resistance from the daedra on his way to fight Miraak. Apocrypha is ONE REALM! There aren't several levels to them, Miraak was controlling all the daedra in the realm to work against LDB even after Mora's "help".

""Touching the stones doesn't have a permanent effect", gee, i wonder why? I guess that's the same reason Mines instantly blow Raiders legs off and not the PC, certainly not because... you know, it would be an end to the game? I couldn't fathom a reason why Miraak doesn't just instantly TP the DB /sarcasim."

LOL...your whole argument has been "because gameplay", so the fact that LDB was able to break Miraak's TP hold on not himself but countless others doesn't count?

"It's not remotely NLF, and you're just saying that to attempt to boost your point, which is going roundabout ways to give victory when it's not earned under the stated fight. "

So Eragon...a guy who was getting his ass handed to him by a limbless nutjob in TP is going to beat the LDB who was able to resist the TP of countless supernatural abominations isn't NLF? I'm fairly sure ignoring the turning effect of Meridia's Dawnbreaker while wielding it as a vampire is far superior to losing to a nutjob cultist while having help on his side. A Multiversal god's wrath...vs some mook. Eragon's a joke. LOL you're a joke, you're outvoted either way.

"DB and Eragon are in character, have all equipment at that point available at EoS. Meaning that the DB can wear: One chestpiece, one helmet (glitches, abuses, mods not included), one gauntlet, one pair of boots, two weapons, ect.

Yes, DB has the option to carry around all of the equipment (PIS at best, Mechanics at worst), but, in an actual fight, he couldn't instantly swap to different gear. Furthermore, if you say he "could just enchant", then you're giving him prior knowledge of the fight, which constitues as prep time and breaking the rules of the fight. "

So you're just going to assume LDB isn't smart enough to travel with versatility in mind? The best set up for anyone with common sense would be magick resistance and self healing on multiple pieces of armor. That kind of setup will get you through literally every setting.

"In game wise, Miraak controls Seekers, quoting the game, "At the will of Mora", meaning that the Seekers don't mean crap when considered that Mora is the one empowering Miraak. Miraak was nothing before Mora, he'll be nothing once Mora is done with him - every feat that Miraak has is attributed to Mora, nothing more or less, since Mora DIRECTLY states "Everything he knows, he knows from me""

It doesn't change the fact that even though Mora taught Miraak, the apprentice had become too powerful for even the Master to control. In either case Eragon's a worthless mook in comparison to him.

"Edit: In fact, a group of dragons destroyed his shrine and nearly killed him, only Mora's intervention saved Miraak from dying then. Some Dragonborn."

Now you're just being butthurt. Eragon would be dead a quintillion times over against the first dragon in such a situation. Also did the bones around the temple not tip you off that Miraak did not go quietly?

"LDB does have stop time, absolutely. However, the Speed of Thought (which is all Eragon needs to kill him with a Word of Death), is faster than the Speed of Voice, so it's moot point."

Eragon's a snail compared to the Dovahkiin. Read their profiles. Massively Hypersonic Reactions and combat speed trump almost subsonic ones anyday. The words of death also have a weakness: they're very tiny spells that would easily be stopped by any resist magick enchantments. Those enchantments stop lightning bolts, and dragonfire, such a tiny spell isn't even going to be felt.

"Miraak's TP spanned across a few levels of Apoc, assuming it spanned across the ENTIREITY of Apoc is an Outlier, because Master Neloth was able to resist Miraak's TP, yet the DB gets TPed when he goes to sleep *eyeroll*

I guess Neloth must be Universal, too, right? Too bad the Nevevine one shots him in Morrowind."

To breach into another universe you're going to need to suffuse the original universe first. Neloth didn't touch the very font of Miraak's power. Neloth can resist multiversal TP while not touching the source of that TP. It has nothing to do with combat power...in which Eragon is a dead man.

Aparajita said:
Except that all of the shezzarines are able to comprehend Shor's true form in Soverngarde, but DB isn't, and he's unable to read the Elder Scrolls where the other Shezzarines are.
What? Talos had no interactions with Shor aside from manteling. Neither did Arctus, hell half the Shezzarine never contacted Shor directly. Shezzarine are his avatars...of course you're not going to see him in the hall...he's you!

Except you can see the image of Shor in Soverngarde and there's nothing directly supporting the DB being a Shezzarine except circumstancual evidence, but judging from the way that you spew insults at anyone who disagrees with you, i'm going to assume thats how you logically debate things in most areas.

Miraak's power is simply an extension of Mora, like so many other champions of so many other gods in so many other cases. The Words of Death have a weakness: certain wards, which every magician in ES is taught for combat, like the battle mages in Urubaen and across Sarda, the Varden, even the dwarves - but not blanket wards.

Eragon was taught to ward specifically against the Words of Death - that his blanket wards wouldn't protect him from them.

If you're so knowledgable about the subject, Brom states that it's not about strength, it's about intelligence, that even the strongest spells have ways around them - this is the area that Eragon excels.

Eragon also defeated dragons in the EC and that really depends on how you're measuring "defeating" the dragon, are you brutishly defeating it with spells or sword, corrupting it like Miraak, or overcoming it like Eragon.

Except... Mora popped Miraak like a bubble when he was done using him - the same thing that will happen to the DB before it's all over. "Mora will betray you as he betrayed me" is the exact words that Miraak says in the fight, so no, Miraak was nowhere near "too strong for the master to control", you're comparing a dragon priest with (laughable) Island TP to a universal deity.

Before i remotely agree that Miraak's TP is universal - show evidence that the Daedra were forced to do things against their or Mora's will. Hint: you can't. Further evidence against this stims from Miraaks desire to return to Skyrim, but didn't TP individuals in Skyrim - cultists notwithstanding.

I'd also like to say that Daggerfell has 110,000 people in it's main city (one of the most populated places in Cyrodil) during the Third Age, meaning that Solsteim island has maybe... AT MOST 50-60k people, and Galby TPed countless hundred thousands throughtout the book, including the 400k at the burning plains.

Regardless of how this thread ends, you're unbelievable as an individual at the way that you casually throw around insults like you own the damn place.

If i'm outvoted, and this useless bantering is exactly that: useless, then someone close it.

Regardless, i'm done with this discussion and couldn't careless about the way it goes, you literally sap the fun out of this with your constant strawmans, NFL, Outliers, PIS, Game Mechanics, and blatant rule breaking. Have a nice day.

Like you wanking LDB "Elder Scrolls" being on the top of your favorite wiki pages? Enough, buddy, you've made yourself look like a jerk in this thread by constantly mocking other members, myself and AnimuFa being the victims in this case.

Phantasys said:
I'm sorry facts hurt your feelings.
Now you're just being rude. Nothing you stated was facts, rather bastardizations of the truth.

No Universal TP resisting feats. No specific wards to block specific spells.

Attempting to boost character with Out of Fight context (knowing what equipment to wear for the fight), using outright lies (People die when reading Elder Scrolls, the DB is a confirmed Shezzerine, Mind Control of the Daerdra in Apocrypha, Implying that Mora couldn't instantly destroy Miraak with a casual glance or whim, and furthering that line of logic implying that Mora couldn't obliterate DB with a thought)

Refusing to understand basic numbers: ten thousand is the quoted aprox for the number of the population in Solsteim, meaning that Miraak TPed on the high scale, ten thousand (which is a joke number, since there were *dozens* of people that weren't affected and the spell was easily broken even by the named NPCs) Galby TPed hundreds of thousands. Hundreds of Thousands > Ten Thousand. Nothing else matters when you have instant kill hax and DB has no protection against it: Specific Wards which are required according to the ECverse.

If his wards defend him against spells that are designed to ignore blanket spells, then the Name of Names negates magic and Eragon kills him with a spell after negating all of DB's enchantments and spells.

As i said before: PLEASE give me a calculation stating Universal Level TP or DBs ability to block COMPLEX spells with warding - PIS notwithstanding. Hint: You can't.

The difference is, you, like a parrot, will repeat the same thing over and over again until everyone else shuts up because they're tired of dealing with you.

Furthermore: Storn Crag-Strider states that the All-Maker Stones are corrupted, causing people to become entranced (mind controlled) when they pray at them, meaning that it's not even Miraak, it's the corrupted powers of the Stones.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:All-Maker_Stones

Ah, from UESP, the site you "trust" compared to the Wiki.

More evidence to this: Once you cleanse the stones, the Mind Control goes away - but Miraak is still alive. I.E Miraak isn't mind controlling people - the Stones are, he corrupted them, using powers of Mora.

Now i'm going to do a guess that your post is going to contain the words: Butthurt, Wanking, Ass, Snail, Joke (aka, all words that have nothing to do with the fight or the thread, just an attempt to bully your way through a thread)

The elder scrolls can't be read by just anyone, the moth priests only go blind because they do MONTHS of ritualistic preparation! Going in "dry" would make you end up like Septimus...unless you're chosen by the Scrolls themselves. The Dovahkiin would be the only Ysmir that isn't a Shezzarine if he weren't, when everything points to Shezzarine you'd have to go out of your way being a hater to say he's not. If Mora could destroy Miraak instantly he would've done so before the battle to not risk losing "his" new Dragonborn, and he also wouldn't have allowed Miraak to be figuratively a footstep away from leaving his direct influence forever. Learn to look into things instead of taking them at face value. Either Mora's an idiot (he's not) or he just couldn't and instead relied on good ol' daedric manipulation. Miraak also had a lot more control over Apocrypha than you'd ever admit, when you try to jump off the platform he states "I can call you back to my tower as often as I like" Note: "I" not Mora, Miraak can control Apocrypha with enough potency to prevent another being of equal power from escaping.

Galbatorix wasn't controlling all his troops through TP, he was doing it through an oath of loyalty in the ancient language. Galbatorix has directly controled only ONE person in the whole series, that being Murtagh. Galbatorix had NO INFLUENCE in any of the battles except for Gil'ead until Uru'baen. There's a difference between dominating a mind and having them speak a binding contract.

Instant hax? So you're saying an armor enchanted by a god or master of the arcane can't stop a spell that uses "less energy than lifting a feather?" IC also specifically states to NEVER go in swinging with the deathwords. Eragon would not go in with the deathwords before LDB says three words.

The name of names can only effect the ancient language NOTHING ELSE! It's like saying that Galbatorix can beat Dr.Strange because he has the name of names. Blanket spells? That's the major difference between the universes, IC has to custom tailor every little detail only to still fail miserably, while ES gets straight to the point and negates the harm itself. Both use magic, when one description literally states "Magic" then "magic" applies, but when the description is literally "The ancient language" then it's the just the ancient language! Those are the actual definitions! You cannot twist them around to fit your biases.

Neloth states that "something connected to Mora was spreading its influence" not Mora's own power but Miraaks, he merely couldn't pinpoint who exactly but he did know it wasn't Mora himself.

www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Neloth

Miraak was using the stones as a way to get his power out of Apocrypha, the fact that he can act at all from a metaphysical universe away already puts him above anything IS can do. If Galba tried to brainwash an island from Oblivion he'd die before controlling an ant.

In any case Dovahkiin stomps the whole verse.

My money would be on Eragon and i've played skyrim for exactly 70 hours and read every Eragon book at least 3 times. Jesus Phantasys was a jerk.

Maybe we should revive this thread or close it?

Well I wrote a massive reply explaining their counters to each other and why things would work and not work, but then when I clicked reply it just closed the thing instead so...

Long story short, DB wards and magic resist only block projectile fire/ice/lightning spells not instant effect TK (give your follower 100% magic resist armour, it won't stop you from Vampire Gripping them), Dragonrend won't affect Eldurnari because Eragon dragons are fundamentally different to Scrolls dragons, wordless suicide spell would work but Eragon can't do it on command and cannonically the DB has probably caused more good emotions than bad ones in people, Eragon can't TP dragonborn and dragonborn can't illusion shenanigans Eragon, deathwords could work if Eragon throws more power into it which he can do, DB daedric armour doesn't give him the resistances of a daedric prince, Name of Names negates Thuum but not other DB magic, and in the end DB runs up and slices Eragon's head off before he can do anything because he is superior in tier. Reply if you need more explanation on any of these points.

I've only read half of the first book so i don't know much about eragon but if Monarch Laciel is right and each other can negate their opponents hax, this becomes a match of brute strength in which the Dragonborn has the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back