• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The hunter hunts an indominus (1 VOTES LEFT)

From what I recall, Indominus Rex had bullet-resistant/proof skin? If so, they just take a Shotgun shot to the face, ignore it, and kill the Hunter immediately after. Seeing as they're only 5 feet apart, it'll close the distance and just bite down into them.

Realistically, Indominus Rex should be like 9-A. MAYBE 8-C. Hopefully some feats I requested to get calc'd a while back get done.

From what I recall, Indominus Rex had bullet-resistant/proof skin? If so, they just take a Shotgun shot to the face, ignore it, and kill the Hunter immediately after. Seeing as they're only 5 feet apart, it'll close the distance and just bite down into them.

Realistically, Indominus Rex should be like 9-A. MAYBE 8-C. Hopefully some feats I requested to get calc'd a while back get done.
Shotgun here is 9-A

And if you don’t believe in that there’s actually a laser rifle and a crossbow

Hmmm, I think at 5 feet, it might be quicker for Hunter to simply aim his shotgun and pull the trigger. It's a substantially quicker movement than Indominus Rex needing to step close and bite them to shreds. I wasn't aware the Shotgun was Tier 9 at first. But with that in mind, I think The Hunter is slightly quicker to the draw and blasts Indominus Rex's head off.
For now anyways. Once I get those Tier 9 feats calc'd the outcome would obviously be a lot more one-sided

Hmmm, I think at 5 feet, it might be quicker for Hunter to simply aim his shotgun and pull the trigger. It's a substantially quicker movement than Indominus Rex needing to step close and bite them to shreds. I wasn't aware the Shotgun was Tier 9 at first. But with that in mind, I think The Hunter is slightly quicker to the draw and blasts Indominus Rex's head off.
For now anyways. Once I get those Tier 9 feats calc'd the outcome would obviously be a lot more one-sided
Do you think it’s not a stomp I think it could go either way honestly so incon

Personally I think this would be significantly more interesting if they started on opposite sides of Isla Nublar with Prior Knowledge of each other since the Indominus is a monster when it comes to actual hunting, enough so to give Predators a run for their money.

Do you think it’s not a stomp I think it could go either way honestly so incon
Well I don't think it's a stomp since all the Indominus Rex has to do is attack The Hunter in literally any way and he dies. But I think the Hunter is more likely to get his win-con off first. All he has to do is aim his gun and pull the trigger. Something that I think is faster than the Indominus needing to step closer and attack him in any way. So I'd vote for The Hunter.

Personally I think this would be significantly more interesting if they started on opposite sides of Isla Nublar with Prior Knowledge of each other since the Indominus is a monster when it comes to actual hunting, enough so to give Predators a run for their money.
I agree with XSOUL on this. This makes stuff more far and less complicated to the point this match could be deemed a stomp match.

Last edited:
I changed it to that btw so how much difference now

It seems that the power of Indominus Rex might be higher than Wall level, but the power of Hunter's firearms is 35,691,651.5 joules according to an accepted blog post, which is a value notably above the baseline for Small Building level, which is 20,920,000 joules. Considering how the Hunter's firearms can one-shot Wall level dinosaurs, it feels like it makes sense if we regard the Hunter as being able to defeat Indominus Rex in approximately three shots, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Indominus Rex is smart for a dinosaur, but it's the Hunter's job to hunt dinosaurs and he is experienced in doing so. The Hunter would probably opt for a good strategy, knowing that Indominus Rex is dangerous. Both combatants are set as having prior knowledge of each other, meaning both combatants would know the opponent has strategical skill, and both opponents would be on-guard, expecting a surprise. The stats give me the impression that the Hunter would be the combatant who would benefit from this more.

Based on the reasons I wrote, I vote for the Hunter winning the battle.

It seems that the power of Indominus Rex might be higher than Wall level, but the power of Hunter's firearms is 35,691,651.5 joules according to an accepted blog post, which is a value notably above the baseline for Small Building level, which is 20,920,000 joules. Considering how the Hunter's firearms can one-shot Wall level dinosaurs, it feels like it makes sense if we regard the Hunter as being able to defeat Indominus Rex in approximately three shots, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Indominus Rex is smart for a dinosaur, but it's the Hunter's job to hunt dinosaurs and he is experienced in doing so. The Hunter would probably opt for a good strategy, knowing that Indominus Rex is dangerous. Both combatants are set as having prior knowledge of each other, meaning both combatants would know the opponent has strategical skill, and both opponents would be on-guard, expecting a surprise. The stats give me the impression that the Hunter would be the combatant who would benefit from this more.

Based on the reasons I wrote, I vote for the Hunter winning the battle.
Thank you carnivores is a really underrated verse and I appreciate the help

Now it's a question of how likely the Hunter is to even spot her before she stealth kills him, which I just don't see happening considering she can practically turn invisible, mask her heat signature, can track the Hunter's own heat signature via her pit viper DNA and is intelligent enough to outsmart an entire squad of humans who had at least some idea what they were getting into. I'm voting the Indominus off of her insane level of stealth allowing her to get the drop on him before he even knew what happened.

Now it's a question of how likely the Hunter is to even spot her before she stealth kills him, which I just don't see happening considering she can practically turn invisible, mask her heat signature, can track the Hunter's own heat signature via her pit viper DNA and is intelligent enough to outsmart an entire squad of humans who had at least some idea what they were getting into. I'm voting the Indominus off of her insane level of stealth allowing her to get the drop on him before he even knew what happened.
The hunter does have a radar that can track dinosaurs and pinpoint their location but he needs prep to do that caude in the game you select a dinosaur and with radar equipped you can see where the dinosaur is. Though it won’t show anything else

And also he probably needs prep since he has to know before hand what dinosaur or thing he wants to put on the radar

The hunter does have a radar that can track dinosaurs and pinpoint their location but he needs prep to do that caude in the game you select a dinosaur and with radar equipped you can see where the dinosaur is. Though it won’t show anything else

And also he probably needs prep since he has to know before hand what dinosaur or thing he wants to put on the radar
Then it doesn't matter since neither of them have prep.

If that's true, this should really be added to the Indominus Rex profile. Of what you wrote, the content of her profile that corresponds with it is "Camouflage, Enhanced Senses (Thermal vision), Body Control (Ability to control her body temperature)" and "Was cunning enough to engineer a successful escape plan from her paddock. Was able to lure the ACU team into a trap." It seems like the profile was written in a rush compared to what you told me. The profile doesn't even list "Stealth Mastery" in the Powers and Abilities section, even though it should.

Anyway, I have vague memories of watching Jurassic World years ago, and I think your assessment is probably accurate. I don't know the Hunter's skill beyond being an experienced above average dinosaur hunter. I switch my vote to Indominus Rex winning based on the quoted reasons.

The Hunter does know how stealthy the Indo can be so what's stopping him from just camping at a location where it can't really ambush him like inside a building? Unless the Indo shows better feats than what's currently on the profile, his guns would still oneshot it.

The Hunter does know how stealthy the Indo can be so what's stopping him from just camping at a location where it can't really ambush him like inside a building? Unless the Indo shows better feats than what's currently on the profile, his guns would still oneshot it.
Because she can just smash through the ******* building and kill him at any point. She literally smashed through the old Jurassic Park Center Building to get at Owen and Claire like it was tissue paper.

Because she can just smash through the ******* building and kill him at any point. She literally smashed through the old Jurassic Park Center Building to get at Owen and Claire like it was tissue paper.
She did, and she still failed to catch and kill them even when they barely posed a threat to her. Here she's dealing with an opponent who is just as fast as her, have weapons that can blast straight through the building they're in and oneshot her, and can move through enclosed spaces more easily.

She did, and she still failed to catch and kill them even when they barely posed a threat to her. Here she's dealing with an opponent who is just as fast as her, have weapons that can blast straight through the building they're in and oneshot her, and can move through enclosed spaces more easily.
She could've killed them if she wanted to, she was being a ****** by faking them out first before she was distracted by the helicopter. If she really wanted to kill Owen and Claire as soon as possible then she would've just smashed the damn car against the wall and crushed them in the process, something she can easily do. Here she has every reason not to do that, so she'll just immediately go for the kill by smashing through whatever room the Hunter is camped in or even worse just start throwing shit while remaining hidden to distract him since she's shown clever tactics like that before in both Jurassic World and Camp Cretaceous.

Back