• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Helltaker adds a revision to his harem

We've got quite a bit to cover. I'll be breaking this post into multiple sections so everything can be discussed in an orderly fashion.

1. Characters to be added

This part will be rather simple, so why not get it out of the way? Anyway, while I don't think every character in the game needs to be added, there are several I'd propose due to them either possessing unique abilities, or factors into scaling. The character's I propose with reasoning are as follows;

• Subject 67; While his abilities wouldn't be anything unique, basically being identical to The Helltaker, he does contribute to scaling as he has Building level feat that stronger demons could scale off of, making him a stronger Helltaker essentially.
  • Malina; She doesn't offer anything when it comes to scaling, however, she does possess notable magic. Having blood manipulation that other demons didn't showcase. (From what I've been told, all Demons have limited magic as stated by the creator in a stream, so it's likely unique to her as no one else did anything like it). With a hand gesture, she caused a fountain of blood to eject from The Helltaker's throat.
  • Loremaster's mech; Like Subject 67, provides scaling to building level, and actually possesses a few interesting abilities itself, such as technopathy, large size, energy projection, weapon manipulation. It also scales to Loremaster with prep time. As does Subject 67.
  • Judgement; This is an obvious candidate, and I'm honestly not sure why she doesn't already have a profile when she's the only demon who's actually a competent fighter. She has numerous feats that only scale to herself, and possesses several unique abilities. For those interested in what her profile would look like, I've made a sandbox here. It still needs a bit of tweaking, but that's fine. These changes never had to be immediate after all.
2. Character upgrades and scaling

Let's go over this by groups. We'll split the list between "Low-Tiers", "Mid-Tiers", and "High-Tiers" for simplification.

Low-Tiers:
  • The Helltaker; Every feat he has, scales to everyone.
Every Demon in hell can easily kill him or mortally wound him. The Helltaker, and all those who scale to him should have Attack Potency, and Lifting Strength upgraded through these evaluated blogs. This means Helltaker and all Demons should scale to at least Small Building level with Class K lifting strength.

Mid-Tiers:
  • Cerberus
  • Malina
  • Azazel/Loremaster (She was able to conquer hell true, but only through prep time and research, and it was stated to be very difficult for her)
  • Lucifer (Sure, she's the Queen of hell, but physically, she never showed anything impressive and relied on hax. While she should scale to other mid-tier demons who are rather on the lower end of strength, she shouldn't be a high tier. She attempts daily assassination attempts on Loremaster, and fails every time, though the specifics of this are unknown)
These guys don't particularly have any feats people can scale off of, but they scale off of other feats and are characters who are already or should be indexed.

High-Tiers:
  • Subject 67 (While I don't think he's unfathomably above the Demons in the mid-tier, he had originally planned to kill Loremaster, and Loremaster had to take precaution and install him with a weakness explicitly so it was safe to be around him. He also defeated her Mech in a drawn-out battle)
  • Loremaster's mech (It's likely this is one of the things that allowed Loremaster to overthrow hell. It was done with prep time, and it took a drawn-out fight with Subject 67, a creation they deemed a success to defeat it.
  • Beelzebub (I was hesitant to put them here. They're deemed the most dangerous type of demon, though like Justice, it's possible they've gotten weaker after their battle which left Justice blind and was soon replaced by Judgement. But I have no reason to believe she's weaker than the mid-tiers)
  • Judgement (Her job is to torture the sinful denizens of Hell, which would of course include Demons. As noted in her artbook entry, she's good/proficient at doing this as well. She shows no fear when commanded to stop by the CEO of Hell [Lucifer] and even claims her role to be of more importance, and I would think as the successor High Prosecutor, she'd scale to Justice at her prime when she defeated Beelzebub, who was against considered the most dangerous demon by Lucifer)
While there's no reason to assume anyone else scales to Loremaster's mech combat speed (As even Subject 67 is slower than them and is incapable of moving out of the way of an attack), all high tiers should scale to Building level through this evaluated blog. This is because Demons who are considered the most dangerous demons in hell should at least be stronger than someone like Subject 67 who's merely a successful attempt at creating a human demon hybrid. Loremaster can scale to the speed, and Loremaster's laser scales above their combat speed through this accepted blog. Subject 67 can scale or upscale from The Helltaker's speed.

This means all high tiers in the verse are Building level as opposed to Small Building level like the low to mid-tiers.

Judgement and Beelzebub at the least can scale off of Judgement's subsonic physical feat, as the two should be relative.

Everything in this blog should scale only to Judgement. Thing is, not all of it should scale to her physicals. In fact, nothing in that blog scales to her physicals, and it all scales to her Weapon Control. Her chains get Supersonic+ speed, Tens of Meters range, scales to City Block level, and her Weapon Control gets Class G LS. This is because her main method of attack is City Block level, and we have no reason to assume her physicals scale. In fact, there's not a single time where she physically fights throughout the base game, DLC, or Twitter Comics. She's reliant on her chains which are shown to easily kill The Helltaker and restrain several Demons simultaneously. Hell, they're shown to restrain Judgement herself. So yes, her Weapon Control and Chains should scale above her. Judgement physically is Building level with Subsonic combat speed. You might be able to argue Supersonic+ reactions since she can control the chains, but I never bothered to ask staff about that.

In short;

Low-Tiers = Small Building level, Class K LS, Superhuman speed

Mid-Tiers = Small Building level, Class K LS, Superhuman speed (Can all upscale)

High-Tiers = Building level, Class K LS, Subsonic speed (Except Subject 67)

With Judgement being a special case, as reflected above and in her sandbox.

3. Formatting

This one's rather simple. I think both characters and the verse page can be more well-formatted. For starters, the only thing I'd really change for the Verse page is adding portraits of the characters instead of just having names. It's also possible we could separate the characters by categories/groups. Though it's not necessary. I'll leave that up to you reading this.

What I would like to pay more attention to is the profiles. A lot of their powers and abilities aren't justified with links and simply require us to take their word for it. I've luckily gotten help with obtaining sources for all of these abilities and can simply edit them in. Azazel should have two keys, one for when she's an Angel, and one for after she's fallen and become a Demon. I've already made a very rough draft of what the profile would look like. The page would have Base Azazel, being a rather vanilla key, with Loremaster, the second key being treated as an inventor type character, with varying stats for their inventions. Quite fitting for what was shown.

4. Powers/Abilities

There's a decently hefty amount of abilities that can be added to the character's profiles that I'd like to propose. I'll organize the abilities based on ones that "scale" to everyone, and then the one's that individuals get.

Everyone:
  • Supernatural Willpower; Everyone and their mom can exist in Hell. To exist in hell, you need a lot of willpower, otherwise, you instantly die. Quite literally
  • Smoke/Heat Manipulation Resistance; Everyone in Hell is exposed to the flames of Hell that are stated to burn The Helltaker's lungs. I figure the reason their lungs burn is due to the smoke they'd be inhaling, but it's possible (not likely) that fire is literally burning in their lungs. Though they should still get limited manipulation to fire, or more accurately heat since Hell should logically be hot if fire is causing their lungs to burn everywhere they go.
  • Possibly Death Manipulation Resistance; This is likely just an exploitable weakness of Hell, but as stated earlier, Hell kills those who run out of will. Meaning Willpower's protecting them from dying on the spot. It's unlikely this is an actual resistance, but I guess I'll see what staff thinks.
  • Disease Manipulation; Pretty much every relevant character should have this. While it's true not everyone was in Beelzebub's presence, such as Azazel, or maybe even Judgement, every Demon, and even The Helltaker were immune to Beelzebub's passive disease inflicting presence. Helltaker on-screen was stated to be afflicted with every disease known to man, and was still capable of moving and acting just fine. Everyone in Hell at some point co-existed with Beelzebub as they originated from Hell, and Justice had to fight Beelzebub to seal them, and yet all of them are perfectly healthy. This is likely due to the Demon's different biology (They have no reason to have the same biology as normal humans). Same for Angel's. For them to be sending Angel's to Hell to investigate and regularly monitor them, you'd think they'd also need resistance to disease manipulation as to not have died when doing so when Beelzebub was still in Hell. Not to mention they also shouldn't have normal human biology.
  • Longevity, possibly Immortality; Demons and very likely Angels at the very least have shown to have very long lifespans, with only their horns changing with age (Their horns become white, but only when they're truly ancient). You could make the argument this is also unique to Judgement, but she verbatim states she's immortal. At the very least, all Demons should have longevity, and possibly immortality.
The Helltaker:
Subject 67:
Loremaster's Mech:
Cerberus:
  • Overwhelming Aura; Her cuteness can give The Helltaker a heart attack (I'm not 100% sure what this should be classified as, so staff input is more than welcome. I just figured since their presence killed him with cuteness, that an overwhelming aura would work)
Malina:
Azazel: The abilities proposed in her Sandbox that I linked earlier.

That's all for now

To summarize everything above, the things that should be revised are; Addition of cast members, Statistics and scaling, Formatting verse page and profiles, Powers and Abilities/Resistances

There's probably a bit more that could be revised, but I'll save that for another time as to prevent covering too much in one sitting. I hope this goes well as it took a while to write this all in an orderly fashion

Agree: 6 (@Veloxt1r0kore, @Sparkive, @Adrianelloxd, @Fireld, @Dark-Carioca, @DarkDragonMedeus)

Disagree: 0

Last edited:
I agree with everything (except the possible "Possibly Death Manipulation Resistance", since they make it clear that it is a matter of willpower...).

Also, In the point 2 I don't understand the low tier part: The demons can easily kill The Helltaker, so The Helltaker and the demons are at least 9-A? Why is The Helltaker included in the at least?
Until what I read I think it should be like this:

Mid-Tiers = At least Small Building level, Class K LS, Superhuman speed (Can all upscale)

I agree with everything (except the possible "Possibly Death Manipulation Resistance", since they make it clear that it is a matter of willpower...).
Fair enough. It was a bit dubious.
Also, In the point 2 I don't understand the low tier part: The demons can easily kill The Helltaker, so The Helltaker and the demons are at least 9-A? Why is The Helltaker included in the at least?
Until what I read I think it should be like this:

Mid-Tiers = At least Small Building level, Class K LS, Superhuman speed (Can all upscale)

He's not included in the "at least" list of characters. It's why I wrote the Mid-Tiers can all upscale off of Low-Tiers. Meaning they'd get an at least rating.

The Helltaker:
Subject 67:
Do game mechanics like this really count as precog?¿?¿ Otherwise, it's fine

• Biological Manipulation; Her cuteness can give The Helltaker a heart attack (I'm honestly unsure if this is biological manipulation or something else. Unsure to what extent something counts as death manipulation, so if a staff member could clarify what this ability would count as, that'd be much appreciated)
I don't really think biological manip fits this but tbh idk what would

Do game mechanics like this really count as precog?¿?¿ Otherwise, it's fine
Well, even if it were game mechanics, they serve the purpose of letting you the player, Helltaker to predict where the attack will be. This would explain why The Helltaker can dodge attacks that can blitz him. I've also seen combat mechanics be implemented into profiles at times though I think it's on a case-by-case basis. I think it works here, but I guess we can wait for staff's opinion on that.
I don't really think biological manip fits this but tbh idk what would
I figured since they caused him to have a heart attack then it would to some degree count as biological manipulation, since the heart is part of one's biology. But it could be death manipulation? Maybe both?
I meant this part
Ah, the intention there was that the Demons would scale to at least Small Building level, and that The Helltaker is Small Building level. I didn't actually mean all get an at least rating when I said that.

I figured since they caused him to have a heart attack then it would to some degree count as biological manipulation, since the heart is part of one's biology. But it could be death manipulation? Maybe both?
Yeah, I know what you mean

Maybe Empathic manipulation would be more appropriate but I think it's just their Aura to be "cute" since the actual heart attack part didn't happen on purpose from what the scan shows
Sounds more like The Helltaker's weakness to "cute" things

Yeah, I know what you mean

Maybe Empathic manipulation would be more appropriate but I think it's just their Aura to be "cute" since the actual heart attack part didn't happen on purpose from what the scan shows
Sounds more like The Helltaker's weakness to "cute" things
It's possibly empathic manipulation/aura manipulation. It makes more sense than him just having a weakness to cuteness, that can result in his death when that's never shown to happen again anywhere else. It should be noted they were trying to kill him in that scene too, so it's likely intentional on their part. Makes sense since at no other point do they try to kill him, and he never dies of a heart attack because of it.

The overwhelming aura description sounds suitable as it states it can result in death. In this case, the overwhelming cuteness of Cerberus caused him to die.

Edited that into the OP.

Mid tiers: Technically Lucifer has 1 physical feat, backstabbing Helltaker in the artbook. It's already mentioned in her page but not linked.
High tiers: Technically we don't have proof that Beel got weaker either. Unlike Justice we don't see her suffer permanent battle scars or anything like that. It not that likely she got weaker(or at least not by much)since after the fight they still deemed it neccessary to banish Beel into another dimension instead of just imprisoning her in some random place & Lucy in present time still called her the most dangerous type of demon.
You already know my thoughts Death/Smoke Resistance. If the majority is okay with it, there's nth i can do about it ig.
Immortality/Longevity looks fair.
Well, even if it were game mechanics, they serve the purpose of letting you the player, Helltaker to predict where the attack will be. This would explain why The Helltaker can dodge attacks that can blitz him. I've also seen combat mechanics be implemented into profiles at times though I think it's on a case-by-case basis. I think it works here, but I guess we can wait for staff's opinion on that.
Meh, it's a game mechaninc that makes superfast/hard to dodge projectiles easier to telegraph, wouldn't count it imo(any example where this got accepted?). Also that pregonition would've really come in some of those bad endings to dodge meele weapons.
I agree with the rest.

Meh, it's a game mechaninc that makes superfast/hard to dodge projectiles easier to telegraph, wouldn't count it imo(any example where this got accepted?). Also that pregonition would've really come in some of those bad endings to dodge meele weapons.
I agree with the rest.
I figured in most of the bad endings they were able to get the kill since they were in far closer and thus hardly gave him the time to react. It's the only thing that I could think of that made sense of The Helltaker dodging projectiles way way way way faster than him. Well, not dodging, but moving out of the way beforehand. Would that just be analytical prediction or something?

Game mechanics getting accepted? I think I recall a few, but Sonic does get a lot of abilities that stem solely from gameplay such as transmutation and stuff that's never touched in the story. I'd have to do a little digging to find more.
i think this can be just a game mechanic to help the player and not turn the game into an impossible-to win
Fair, though same as above. Would there be an applicable power for him to be able to predict where the chains will be? It's the only way he's able to dodge the chains at all when they're far faster than him. Maybe not precognition, but perhaps analytical prediction as proposed above?

Fair, though same as above. Would there be an applicable power for him to be able to predict where the chains will be? It's the only way he's able to dodge the chains at all when they're far faster than him. Maybe not precognition, but perhaps analytical prediction as proposed above?
Maybe Analytical Prediction or Enhanced Senses I guess? I'm really not sure

Back