• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Grumpiest Match of All - Grumpy Bear vs Grumpy Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
It is rare that two versions of the same character get the exact same tier. Let's not waste this opportunity.

Grumpy Bear vs Grumpy Bear

8-A versions for both. Speed equalized. Victory via SBA.

3241734-0374551173-latest.png
47-473260_care-bear-download-transparent-png-image-grumpy-bear.png

I'm just gonna watch... I don't even care about care bears, just am interested in leaving a vote.

Given that they're both care bears would they even fight each other at all?

Last edited:
Hey what's up it's your favorite virgin Care Bear expert here. From here on, I'll be using OG and 2019 respectively to refer to them.

Alrighty, so their Care Bear Stares are ultimately non-factors here since they both resist empathic shenanigans. Additionally, neither fit the series' criteria for being evil, so the purification/powernull aspects of the CBS won't come into play.

Both can fly by creating clouds to float on, and both can create miniature storm clouds to try and zap the other. OG is a bit superior in that regard since his will follow 2019, but he can always get rid of it with his own Belly Badge power.

OG's biggest advantage is his ability to send people to Care-A-Lot with a thought. He himself has never used this ability, but it's nonetheless something he should be capable of.

That being said, 2019 is exponentially smarter, craftier, and more creative than OG. Upon seeing that his CBS won't work, he's going to try and think his way out of it. He's much more likely to run, hide, and set up some Bubble Mines to trap OG and let him float away than OG is to BFR.

So, my vote is that 2019 Grumpy wins with mid to high difficulty.

In regards to the running away and hiding strategy, I should also point out OG does in fact have the Belly Badge danger sensor, but it's not like the Spider Sense in that it tells him what direction it's coming from or what exactly will happen. So, a bunch of hidden Bubble Mines won't immediately be apparent; OG is a bit single-minded when it comes to confrontations.

Hey what's up it's your favorite virgin Care Bear expert here. From here on, I'll be using OG and 2019 respectively to refer to them.

Alrighty, so their Care Bear Stares are ultimately non-factors here since they both resist empathic shenanigans. Additionally, neither fit the series' criteria for being evil, so the purification/powernull aspects of the CBS won't come into play.

Both can fly by creating clouds to float on, and both can create miniature storm clouds to try and zap the other. OG is a bit superior in that regard since his will follow 2019, but he can always get rid of it with his own Belly Badge power.

OG's biggest advantage is his ability to send people to Care-A-Lot with a thought. He himself has never used this ability, but it's nonetheless something he should be capable of.

That being said, 2019 is exponentially smarter, craftier, and more creative than OG. Upon seeing that his CBS won't work, he's going to try and think his way out of it. He's much more likely to run, hide, and set up some Bubble Mines to trap OG and let him float away than OG is to BFR.

So, my vote is that 2019 Grumpy wins with mid to high difficulty.
Seems reasonable to me. 2019 FRA.

I don't like FRA-ing before I've analyzed a matchup for myself, but I'm willing to tentatively trust Arrogant_Shmuck's judgement for now. So yeah. I'll tentatively vote for the 2019 Incarnation of Grumpy Bear, given my current considerations of Arrogant_Shmuck's arguing of this match-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back