• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of High School General Revision Thread

Although this won't change much but according to the direct Korean translation, Jin stating "The planet cannot handle it" or whatever when talking about boosting over 190,000x was actually meant to be something along the lines of "a star would collapse/fall" .Doesn't change anything but it's good to know.

Pretty sure adaptation refers to more than just creating new attacks for fights.

Instinctive reaction is more for when the person's body can basically fight on their own when all those examples seem more like further skill and speed feats.

Also I think this could possibly upgrade the speed of chapter 1 characters. Both when Mori and Dae-wi performed their punches due to their speed by the looks of it shock waves with even mori have a sound effect of "shock" and dae-wi's sleeve burst.

To create shockwsves you need to move faster than sound iirc, which is 343m/s this would place them at transonic very least. They even make some later on in the tournament too.

Monarch Laciel said:
Pretty sure adaptation refers to more than just creating new attacks for fights.
Instinctive reaction is more for when the person's body can basically fight on their own when all those examples seem more like further skill and speed feats.
I brought up the adaptation thing because it was given to Shichika Yasuri for the exact same reason.

Also on our Instinctive Reaction page, it says this:

"Instinctive Reaction is the ability to react to oncoming attacks without the need for conscious thought. As such, those with this ability will automatically dodge and possibly counter oncoming attacks through muscle memory or instinct."

That's basically what Mori did to Sujin. Even he didn't know what happened.

So Mori jin is omnipotent+ cause he got MUI

Also what do you think of the possible speed upgrade I mentioned. It would actually make sense since they were pretty much above subsonic

Sir Ovens said:
I brought up the adaptation thing because it was given to Shichika Yasuri for the exact same reason.
Well, it should be removed from him then. That's not Adaptation, not as our pages define it.

Also on our Instinctive Reaction page, it says this:

"Instinctive Reaction is the ability to react to oncoming attacks without the need for conscious thought. As such, those with this ability will automatically dodge and possibly counter oncoming attacks through muscle memory or instinct."

That's basically what Mori did to Sujin. Even he didn't know what happened.

If he didn't know what he'd done and did it unconsciously, sure then.

I'll notify Hl3 of your disapproval of Adaptaion for Shichika.

As for the Instinctive Reaction, I take it you're on board?

"Adaptation is the ability to survive and adapt to different situations and natural environments."

Lets say that you have an opponent that you can't land a clean hit on due to how they defended themselves, but you notice a flaw in how they do so. Changing your techniques to exploit this weakness fits the definition of adaption, as would the reverse of that situation

That's like, very much twisting the definition. The page gif makes it clear what sort of things are considered adaptation - it's talking about altering yourself to survive in hostile environments. Changing attacks to capitalize on a weakness of the opponent's does not. That's just a skill feat.

Since when did adaption only apply to stuff like growing gills and absolutely nothing else, because that is twisting the definition. That example is changing yourself to suit the situation, would should count unless there's some font size 0 text there.

To me, HI3's definition seems to be more in line with reactive evolution, however, both seem to refer to more so powers and abilities rather than martial arts skill imo.

After a quick look around I feel like one of these two seem to fit

https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Skill_Adaptation

"User can instantly develop skills to deal with threats or varying situations, either permanently or temporary.

For example, after a certain situation, like a sword battle, the user may develop Enhanced Swordsmanship to use in such a battle. They could gain knowledge of medicine, and use it to heal someone who is severely wounded. Some users may develop enhancements to go along with the skills, making it seem as if they have had years of development and training in a few seconds"

Or

https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Fighting_Instinct

"User possesses an automatic response mechanism to win in any combat by overcoming limitations and adapt techniques or methods to ensure victory. They adapt perfectly to all factors, achieving maximum efficiency in an offense, defense, evasion and countering, ensuring optimal success as long as there is the slightest chance. This enables a user to resist fear and pain, maximize and surpass physical boundaries, utilize all of their skills in the most efficient manner, and continuously fight while unconscious"

Sorry for the long thread.

Since the AP and speed changes have not been contested, I'll adjust the ratings now.

Hl3 or bust said:
Since when did adaption only apply to stuff like growing gills and absolutely nothing else, because that is twisting the definition. That example is changing yourself to suit the situation, would should count unless there's some font size 0 text there.
Exactly. Changing yourself, not changing your fighting style

No.

Adaptation is the power to change yourself to survive in different environments, not come up with new sword techniques.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:PowerToScale/GoH:_Regeneration_Feat_List

I chalked up a quick list of a few Regenerationn feats. Some of these can be argued. Basically Mori would range from Low to Mid-Low level in regneration for part 1. I haven't done the other parts yet. You could high ball to Mid level since he had his neck broken and was stabbed in the head.

Yep, these look like it can be in order.

Also I think this could possibly upgrade the speed of chapter 1 characters. Both when Mori and Dae-wi performed their punches due to their speed by the looks of it shock waves with even mori have a sound effect of "shock" and dae-wi's sleeve burst.

To create shockwsves you need to move faster than sound iirc, which is 343m/s this would place them at transonic very least. They even make some later on in the tournament too.

Same with the transonic speed

Skill Adaptation or Fighting Instinct seems fine as well

I found something interesting. IDK if this is already on their pages but it seems the afterimages created by Mubong and Bongchim are able to imitate the effects of their attacks, such as when Bongchims afterimage gets squished into a ball and bleed. Mubongs afterimage's arm inflated only for his to shake it off and then get stabbed. The Mubong afterimage could just be him shaking it off and the afterimage is the one after that got stabbed and showed his shirt ripped and the necklace broken and blood, but it does seem like the afterimage was the one that shook it off.

It seems like they both should have illusion creation as they where able to create illusions of their afterimages taking damage and bleeding, unless it is something else.

Also, no one besides N Kardashev has said anything on the transonc speed upgrade and would like other opinions too.

I agree with transonic. And it does seem like their afterimages can be damaged and display actions they never took, so illusion creation works.

Gentlemen, we have encountered a problem.

With the recent upgrade of the Bishops to 6-A, it was only logical that those comparable to them like The Six would scale. The problem? Taejin Jin scales above Bishops and The Six. Why is this a problem? Taejin was the originator of the High 6-C feat. Now that that feat has been overthrown, the current High 6-Cs scale to nothing. Originally, scaling Commissioners and GoH participants to the High 6-C feat was ok because Taejin was >> Mujin, who could casually squash an island. However, now that Mujin is 6-A, Commissioners being even close to them is impossible as the next closest feat is that Low 6-B feat that is flimsy as all hell.

So now I need help compiling and calcing various feats. Off the top of my head, there's Mira's cloud splitting feat under the influence of 2x Jeahbongchim, Mori, Daewi, and Mira's island sinking feat during the world competition, and the Angelos that tanked the nuking of Seoul.

Note that the latter feat killed Jaesan Jeon but should not scale to 6-A due to the fact that a 6-A attack would have nuked a lot more than just Seoul and his death should be treated as outlier.

Ok so I rechecked Power's clac list and he did the calc of Jaeson's nuke fusion feat.

So the result is 3.558492e+19J, which is the acceped island level end. This would scale to the cast from chapter 2 onwards, since it was stated that without the Taboo, humans can easily beat divine creatures like the Angelos and Nephelims.

This is consistent with the combined island destruction feat Mori hui, Daewi and Mira did in chapter 4.

What does everyone think?

The angel that survived the nukes was barely affected by the six's power, and was considered stronger than Seungchul. Commissioners could also just barely survive against Seungchul.

That was mostly due to Taboo. Even Nephelims were easily defeated by Oraeguk monkeys after the Taboo was lifted.

So I've worked out the scaling, and here is what I've come up with.

9 Tailed Fox Ilpyo > Limiter removed Commissioners > Chapter 3 GoH contestants and those who scale > Nephelims > Angelos (6-C) > Chapter 2 GoH contestants

Since the 6-C feat is baseline, Chapter 2 GoH contestants will be High 7-A+.

What does everyone think?

Another thing to note is that Nephelims >= angry Dragons > Dragons. Since Nephelim can casually take out sage realm dragons and the dragons only began to somewhat stand a chance after Mori Jin gets his armor back and the sage realm demons get angry after the fake monkey king dude dies.

It should still be noted that the Low 6-B feat is really flimsy. But it would mean that GoH contestants would scale to the full value of the feat and not backscale like they do now.

logically all commissioners should scale to each other, right? Give or take some being slightly stronger than each other. This would put them at least Small Country Level as they would scale to commisioner O for beating his dragon.

In the series in part 2, we see Q verse Mcdonald who possible to scale with the priests (The angel one and swear girl ). Q is shown to be physically weaker than Mcdonald, however when he activates he overwhelms Mcdonald. Even somewhat casually beats the priests. The commisioner O also beats a priest casually. This could be supportive evidence that commisioners scale to each other, or at least O and Q scale to each other. So Commissioners would be at least Small Country Level.

Again, the only reason why the characters are currently rated as Possibly Low 6-B is because the dragon scaling is not concrete. The feat itself originated from a throwaway line from O's dragon which was about how Garuda was fearsome, not about actual feats dragons could pull off.

Also, just to add, to make the 6-C rating even more consistent, Samuel, the user of the Borrowed Power Hercules, becomes Hercules himself when he uses Power Lenderization.

Based on the short hype up that Mujin did, it can be assumed that this is indeed the Hercules of lore, and surprise surprise, Myth Heracles has a 6-C rating.

He was able to stop the fake yeoui from expanding, while Mori casually violently fragmented half a planet expanding his yeoui in the sage realm. Also, Mujin heavily believe that the arrow would destroy the yeoui and we know the it took attacks from the king and eventually the king to destroyed the fake yeoui. So both the fake should have at least High 4-C durabiltiy since the king is High 4-C. Also, he fought Hui when he was in his armoursuit which was considered by R to be him using full power. (https://www.webtoons.com/en/action/the-god-of-high-school/ep-170/viewer?title_no=66&episode_no=170) and Hui's full power is him using the originals full power.

So Samual, under hercs powerlenderisation should be at least High 4-C as he was going to destroy the fake yeoui and is able to fight Hui at full power.

Also, lifting strength for herc should be at least stellar to multi-stellar as he was able to hold up the sky with a single hand, which had greek constilations in it.

Mujin thinking that Samuel's attack would destroy Yeoui is vastly different from Samuel's attack actually destroying Yeoui.

Monkey King Hui is no where close to the power of the original and this is made very clear throughout the entire arc. The further away Jin is from Hui, the less powerful Hui is.

Back