• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Extent of Verse Equalization

Personally, I agree with the OP. Things that have basically the same origin (like chakra, nen, ki and maybe reiatsu) should be equalized (although it should be evaluated by verse-by-verse basis), but spiritual beings like servants should remain intangible, unless the opponent has some kind of hax (like souls attack).

This probably depends by the case though, since sometimes it could lead to NLF, but I don't see the reason to make spiritual characters or logia users tangible when there are so many hax that can defeat them anyway, especially since more often than not this kind of equalization would remove the character's most important traits.

In addition we kinda get enough NLF's in verse equalization fights currently as it is already to be perfectly honest. Unequalizng stuff of that caliber like that will make things as they are now look like a cake walk to the issues that it COULD be.

All I'm trying to say here is that you have to be careful with how much you want equalize something, otherwise woud may as well just rip out what that series unique.

I just feel like we're on a slippery slope here.

In my opninion, Promestein is making a lot of good points, but that would lead to a extreme explosion of hacks or would it not? Kaguya would have an invunerability-hack and so would all servants. Do not know if this is actually manageable and it would lead to a lot of discussions like "Is this a spirit?" or "That could hurt her! No, it could not!"

And it would make very many match-ups really unfair.

It's a case of how realistic you want things to go.

But the entire point of this wiki is that these things are not real.

Just be sure to list exactly what you take off for verse equalization for clarity - let people know exactly under what circumstances are the combatants fighting. Everybody wins that way.

Though in some cases, logic would dictate that some things can't be equalized: for example, magic isn't spirit power/awareness (though magic can in some grant that power).

Back