• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Eternal Champion (TES) downgrade

Currently the Eternal Champion is 8-B for vaporizing granite walls. However he does this through fire and heat, which doesn’t physically scale to characters anymore. I’m not sure if the first key on his page should just be nuked or if it should be downgraded, but I can’t think of any feats above 9-B that don’t revolve around ice, fire, or electricity all of which don’t scale physically to characters anymore.

I'd have argued we might have some tier 8 feats to scale him to but iirc that might not be the case, could just have him be flat out tier 4 I guess?

There is one feat that maybe 8-C, but it’s super vague. A mage collapsed a temple, I believe that’s all we know about that feat. The Eternal Champion probably could scale to giants since they are better than 99% of the empire, but we don’t scale the EC to many things in later games because his game is retconned a lot. I believe he should have a beginning game key, but I also think the CoC and the Nerevarine should have beginning game keys and they don’t. Actually I do find it weird they don’t have beginning game keys but the Eternal Champion and Dovahkiin do. (And while I can’t think of many beginning game feats for the Nerevarine, the CoC has a low 7-B feat and one or two 8-A feats).

I'd be fine with scaling EC to smth like giants but yeah he's in a weird spot, he does have a tier 4 feat so we have something to go off of tho I'd feel a bit iffy with him just being that I guess

I would also find him just being 4-C to also be very weird, so even if he doesn’t scale to giants he should still have the beginning game tier, even if it is completely unknown.

I believe Dargoo actually made the profile, and he’s gone. Also I think Matt is still temped banned, so I may ask Ultima later, but he’s usually busy.

Back